Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2021, 13:37   #1
BHPian

Com Paint - Ships wrong colour, poor customer service

I bought ComPaint scratch kit for my friend who agreed to buy it based on my advice as I found few users providing their feedback on team-bhp. However, now he has wasted his Rs1000 because of me as they sent Grey mica paint bottle instead of Avant Garde. Even the color sticker on their bottle is Grey!!

What's more horrible is their customer care response. I sent them the pictures and also sprayed on a metal object to prove its not Avant Garde. They told me to spray on the car and prove that it's a wrong color!! I was like, that will ruin the paint of the car if I apply the wrong color. They were adamant that unless I spray on the car they won't send replacement. Later I got calls first by some lady and later by a guy named Samiran Chatterjee asking me to spray on the car and send the pictures. I tried to explain them what a dumb idea it is to apply the spray directly on the car but then I realized they have no intention of helping me out because even if I prove it by spraying on the car, they will argue that I don't know how to spray properly. The way they were bringing up illogical arguements, it was clear they are nothing but a fraud company. All I asked was to replace the spray bottle with the right color and not the whole kit but some frauds have no standards when it comes to ripping people off. They will do it even for 10 or 100 bucks. I tried contacting Mr. Vikram but haven't heard back. I didn't have any hopes as well.

I don't mind such companies closing down for good. Its just Rs1000 so my friend and I are not losing sleeping over it. I wanted to post this so that others dont waste their money on fraud companies like this. Better to go to a local mechanic even for minor scratches.

Attaching pictures which I also shared with the company.

The color that I ordered for

Com Paint - Ships wrong colour, poor customer service-car-color.jpeg

The spray color that I received

Com Paint - Ships wrong colour, poor customer service-bottle-sticker.jpeg

When I tested spray on a metal

Com Paint - Ships wrong colour, poor customer service-spray-test.jpeg
Technic90 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 13:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Com Paint - Ships wrong colour, poor customer service

just fyi - spray painting com paint on the car is not the end of the world. If you spray com merge, it will come right off (and usually does not damage the underlying paint)
greenhorn is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 13:57   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
just fyi - spray painting com paint on the car is not the end of the world. If you spray com merge, it will come right off (and usually does not damage the underlying paint)
When we know the color is obviously wrong, who will risk painting it on the car directly just to see whether it will come off easily. There's no guarantee that it won't make things worse. And I don't think the color will look different on the car than on the metal that we tested
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 14:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
They told me to spray on the car and prove that it's a wrong color!!
That's idiotic. Never really trusted stuff like these and never will.

On a side note if they're so adamant then just spray it over some scotch magic tape pasted together and stick it on your car if a real world comparison is what they're looking for.
Or just a lower corner of the bumper if you even want to do it, else just a failed experiment.
But the the idea of not trusting the customer doesn't go down very well or for very long for the company.

Not very experienced on this but a body shop guy once told me that getting the exact mix for a metallic paint is very difficult. So he advised to always get the paint repairs done from the "company" since they have the exact specifications for each color although they might also not be completely accurate but close enough.

Thanks for the heads up

Last edited by shancz : 10th April 2021 at 14:13. Reason: updated
shancz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th April 2021, 14:10   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post
That's idiotic. Never really trusted stuff like these and never will.

On a side note if they're so adamant then just spray it over some scotch magic tape pasted together and stick it on your car if a real world comparison is what they're looking for.
Or just a lower corner of the bumper if you even want to do it, else just a failed experiment.

Thanks for the heads up
Well if it was about color shade not matching properly, I would have shown side by side comparison of the tested sprayed surface and the car color. But the problem is they sent the wrong freaking color. Even the color sticker on their bottle is wrong. Actually at first I sprayed on non-metal surface to show them but they wanted me to spray on metal object so I sprayed again but this time they wanted me to spray on car directly !! It was becoming obvious they had no intention of helping me out. So I stopped bothering about it. Just thought I will inform the community so that people don't waste their time and money on this.
Old 10th April 2021, 14:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic90 View Post
So I stopped bothering about it. Just thought I will inform the community so that people don't waste their time and money on this.
That's clear that they have no intention of helping. So a lost cause then.

I had been playing around with the thought of a "touch up" of the scratches I have on my Silky Silver wagonR but I was more inclined towards just brushing up since its just the bumper but wasn't sure if it would make it look worse. Might have even stumbled upon this product but after your experience will stay away. Anyway there is no concern of rust so will let it be for a future date when more scratches pile up which need a repaint.

Thanks for the heads up again.
Old 10th April 2021, 14:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

If there are any scratches, paint peels in small areas, it is always better to leave it like that and once in 2-3 years, get all of them repainted with one time expenditure.

These kinds of low quality paints that is used to touch-up (in painter's language)will only give temporary relief (max 2 - 3 days or one week) after which, we ourselves start getting to feel, its nowhere a match for original paint.

So, my suggestion would be to feel relaxed and enjoy the small dents, scratches for 2-3 years and remove them once and for all, considering that the expense is a maintenance expenses.

Last edited by gkveda : 10th April 2021 at 14:24.
gkveda is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks