Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2021, 13:33   #16
BHPian

re: RD DVR 90 Rear View Mirror Review | Poor quality & pathetic service | EDIT: Resolved to satisfaction

Sorry that a learned person like you had to go through such an ordeal!
One thing that I have made up my mind across is, my buying decision, irrespective of the product, will not be based on any Indian youtuber specifically having high number of subscribers and low knowledge. Low knowledge can easily be understood by the way they are delivering their speech in the video!

Mods, I am mentioning here, the names of some prominent channels which do not deliver any value according to me. Kindly remove this part, if it sounds inappropriate. Harsh Vlogs, Musafir, Rahul Singh, rakha. All these people do is rice out a car and then blabber about it. In the process of ricing out, they also review somee accessories which are definitely not up to the mark! Here I would also like to mention Arun Panwar's name for the reckless driving he does while filming it! Highly inappropriate.
Aish_4761 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 14:59   #17
AZT
BHPian

re: RD DVR 90 Rear View Mirror Review | Poor quality & pathetic service | EDIT: Resolved to satisfaction

Thank you for sharing this. it's getting difficult to get legit reviews for products, paid youtubers are not at all reliable. FYI this is not just for automotive, but also for fitness supplements and skincare.

I have seen so much garbage being peddled and these professionally edited videos have tens of thousands of views. I know of girls who have ruined their skin because of skinfluencer YouTube advice and guys who have spent a bomb on wrong supplements again because of paid youtubers.
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2021, 15:01   #18
BHPian

Dear Leoshashi Sir,

I am a great fan of your blogs and read them frequently. I fully understand your frustration and your horrible experience. However, just wanted to point out here that based on the screenshot you have shared - its clearly written that 2 days replacement support (not return and money back).

Its good that they are replacing the same for you, its a lesson learnt for all of us.

Last edited by GTO : 4th June 2021 at 08:49. Reason: Typos
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2021, 15:54   #19
BHPian

Shashi bro you are a savior, I was eyeing on the RD IRVM Unit for my Tiago but after reading the whole thread and your experience I will sure as hell stay away from this company and product.

btw, I hope you get your money back, these greedy guys do not understand that pushing a bad product down the throat of a WOKE CUSTOMER is only going to harm their own reputation.
pritanshchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2021, 22:08   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yd_gli View Post
Why do people buy such junk from unknown sources at such crazy prices? Either get it from the dealer or go to a trusted accessories store and ask them to give a demo before paying up.

The car accessory market is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to fraud. Nothing is genuine and no one gives what they say they are giving. 9k for that is just daylight robbery.
True. The image of RD being a great OEM vendor made me do all this. Lesson learnt, and I hope I save many more from this ordeal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Sorry to hear about your horrible experience. 9,000 bucks for such an horrible product is day time robbery. I had seen many videos on YouTube related to RD products and they always felt cheaply made. I stayed away from them even though they were tempting.

I installed 70mai dashcam in my Compass and am really satisfied with it's performance. It supports class 10 SD cards only up to 128GB, Full HD video with loop recording. It also has sensors which detects any collisions and will start recording automatically and save them in seperate folder where they will be saved permanently and can be manually deleted only. Fully satisfied and highly recommended.

Only downside is there is no display and should be paired with smartphone to watch or download recorded videos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadAtlas View Post
Having driven a 7 seater for some time, I have understood the difficulty of using a basic IRVM in dense city traffic. One extra set of pillars and the fact that the rear windscreen is even further than normal cars create huge blind spots that can easily cause an accident if you are not careful.

My suggestion is to cut your losses and get yourself the 70mai rearview dashcam with night view cameras. Buying it directly from Nexdigitron, the official vendor will save you Rs 500 on the product. Installation can be done even by yourself at home.
Thanks Gentlemen. I already have 70mai Pro installed, and was looking for a cleaner solution which made me do this. For Auto-dimming, this time I'm trying with some Maruti and Toyota spares, and have got good success. Hope the experiment works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Thank you for sharing this. it's getting difficult to get legit reviews for products, paid Youtubers are not at all reliable. FYI this is not just for automotive, but also for fitness supplements and skincare.

I have seen so much garbage being peddled and these professionally edited videos have tens of thousands of views. I know of girls who have ruined their skin because of skinfluencer YouTube advice and guys who have spent a bomb on wrong supplements again because of paid Youtubers.
Indeed. Take everything on social media with a pinch of salt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritanshchandra View Post
Shashi bro you are a savior, I was eyeing on the RD IRVM Unit for my Tiago but after reading the whole thread and your experience I will sure as hell stay away from this company and product.

btw, I hope you get your money back, these greedy guys do not understand that pushing a bad product down the throat of a WOKE CUSTOMER is only going to harm their own reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Dear Leo Shashi Sir,

I am a great fan of your blogs are read them frequently.
I fully understand your frustration and your horrible experience.
However just wanted to point out here that based on the screenshot you have shared - its clearly written that 2 days replacement support not return and money back.

Its good that they are replacing the same for you, its a lesson learnt for all of us.
Thanks. Glad my posts helped someone. I wouldn't consider this case as resolved till I get the money back in my account. As of now, lockdown has been eased and when asked, the RD representative told their man is out of town and he will get it picked as soon as he is back. This is the update as of now.

Quote:
However just wanted to point out here that based on the screenshot you have shared - its clearly written that 2 days replacement support not return and money back.
Well going by that logic, their product page also talks about the mirror being antiglare and the dashcam being capable of recording full HD videos. And that the company strives for customer satisfaction. Well none of them is met!

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 3rd June 2021 at 22:11.
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2021, 18:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
And the inevitable happened! Got a call from the guy and this time he was actually looking for a solution(thanks to our forum). I have been assured that he will get the product picked this week and return me my money. Fingers crossed.
Hi Shashi!

Great to know he atleast called! 9k is a big amount to lose. Any updates as of now?!

Regards,
Varun
Old 11th June 2021, 22:02   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
I wish I had shared this information earlier

I got a similar product as yours (Anti-glare IRVM)

Auto dimming was not working.
This is the product I mentioned, managed to dig out the old snap
RD DVR 90 Rear View Mirror Review | Poor quality & pathetic service | EDIT: Resolved to satisfaction-01.jpg
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 17:58   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
This is the product I mentioned, managed to dig out the old snap
Attachment 2166595
This is the exact same crap as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Hi Shashi!

Great to know he atleast called! 9k is a big amount to lose. Any updates as of now?!

Regards,
Varun
He had asked for some time as his representative was not in town. Yesterday he said I can return the product, I informed him about the difference in harness and that I had to modify the harness a bit at the fuse end. He said he will need to take advice from his seniors, again.

TBH, I won't mind if they deduct some amount for fiddling with one of their harnesses a bit(so much for so called plug and play units, the type of fuse tap provided was wrong in one of their harnesses).

This is the update as of now. Hope this ordeal comes to an end.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 19:41   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally the ordeal comes to an end: In a surprising development, Mr. Rupesh called me today and asked if we can meet. He was in my city and wanted to resolve this ASAP. He had already taken approval of his seniors. I picked him up on my way and we reached the shopping complex where RD's regional representative was stationed(the same place I bought the product from). He checked the product and everything was okay.

RD's local representative checking the product:

RD DVR 90 Rear View Mirror Review | Poor quality & pathetic service | EDIT: Resolved to satisfaction-20210701_141949.jpg

I was refunded Rs. 6,800(had paid Rs. 9,000), the deduction being for the cut I had made to harness to install proper fuse tap and mechanic's charges(even though I hadn't availed any of their services). Nevertheless, I was tired of this and any kind of refund was welcome. Once he confirmed the pickup to his seniors, they wired me the money within an hour.

Full marks to Mr. Rupesh Pandey for trying everything he could in his capacity to make this work. Thanks a lot Boss! He took his time but got the job done. I don't have any complain from him, but surely wouldn't touch an RD product ever. The company is way too lousy in terms of customer support and neither are their products any good. I'm sure they wouldn't have considered my case ever, if it wasn't for the fear of getting defamed on TeamBHP.

Anyways, all's well that ends well. Thanks a lot GTO and Team, and also Mr Rupesh for getting this done.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (20) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks