Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2021, 13:42   #1
BHPian

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City

Hey guys, here I am going to document my latest and greatest install in the lighting department, that is of course, the new iPHCar Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my quite modded 2016 Honda City VX(O) BL.

A bit of background:

I had upgraded my headlamp assembly to an aftermarket one that had projectors and a very beautiful DRL. These are famously imported from Taiwan as claimed by accessory markets in many places.

But the performance of the projectors were abysmal. Tried changing bulbs, alignments and what not, but it did not seem to help. After plonking 35k in the whole setup I was quite disappointed. What's the use of such headlamps if you can't even see the road properly?

The compromise:

I could revert back to my OEM Headlamps, and maybe jazz them up with projectors, DRLs and the works but that would mean losing my new headlamps, and nothing on the market looked better on my car than these.

So to strike a balance, I put projector fogs as a kind of alternative to using these, instead of using high beam on HL and blinding all the other road users.

The product:

Commonly known as iPHCar, these projectors are quite famous in the accessory market. But beware, there are loads of fakes, and in a few days your highs won't work and the HID will conk off.

This one is LED though. Benefits being instant start up (no warm up time), lower power consumption for similar output and longer life. Drawbacks are scattering during rains and low penetration in fog (ironical I know). Hold on and let the pictures do the talking during the iconic Mumbai rains.

Bulbs are 5500k temp, I was told its gonna be 35w in low and 40w in high but I doubt that since high is just the shroud of the projector going up.

DISCLAIMER:

I am not a promoter of this brand, this is a review after using this product bought from my own cash. Attempting to install this product may void your vehicle warranty. Doing it yourself may hurt you if you don't know what you're doing . Please do not use high beams in places where it may blind/dazzle oncoming traffic/pedestrians. Use fog lamps responsibly.

Installation of these fog lamps have been covered by many BHPians on this forum and this one isn't much different. The one difference here is that the bulb is fixed inside the assembly and cannot be changed. There are just 4 wires coming out of this, +, -, HI+, HI-.

Let's look at the output. (Pictures clicked in heavy rain)

Only Fogs low beam

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_190410.jpg

Full high beam (HL+Fog)

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_190419.jpg

Low Beam from outside, I am standing far left of the car

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_190710.jpg

High beam from outside

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_190846.jpg
New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_190850.jpg

Low beam pattern up close:

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_191050.jpg

Long range (LIGHTS OFF)

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_191502.jpg

HIGH BEAMS ON

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_191516.jpg

Fitting and looks

New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_195432.jpg
New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_195456.jpg
New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City-20210919_195514.jpg

Thanks for reading, feel free to reply with your comments, questions, concerns or opinions in this thread.

city2491
city2491 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 13:59   #2
BHPian

Re: New Bi-LED Projector Foglamps in my Honda City

I'm exploring options to legally improve the light output of my ZX City. Thanks for sharing. The only concern that I have for the fogs is that it may void warranty. I've got extended warranty and also HCMP-Synthetic package as well.

Do update the post based on your driving experience as well.

Regards,
lsjey
lsjey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 14:14   #3
BHPian

Are those headlights and fog lamps connected to same ballast or different ballast?
amvj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 09:29   #4
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Oh my. Those cut-offs look incredible. I suppose by the looks of it that there are no issues in rain. I think you'll enjoy night driving more now.

That aside, is the LED chip part of the projector assembly? I was thinking if those white/yellow colour changing LED bulbs could be used instead?
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 10:37   #5
BHPian

The output is really amazing!
I always thought that LEDs can never even come close to HIDs especially during rains but this has completely changed my mind.
I'm also thinking to get foglamp projectors for my i20 (2010) since the stock output is just mediocre.
Can you please share the price and name of the store where you got these from?
Nazaar25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 13:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
The only concern that I have for the fogs is that it may void warranty. I've got extended warranty and also HCMP-Synthetic package as well.
Well, it depends on your dealer too, some don't care while some may void it over the tiniest aftermarket bulb. Don't cut any wires and you should be good but I'm not sure if you can take connection from high beam without splicing a wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Are those headlights and fog lamps connected to same ballast or different ballast?
Hey, the fogs and headlamps have no connection apart from high beam activation. I'm not sure what you mean by same or different ballast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
That aside, is the LED chip part of the projector assembly? I was thinking if those white/yellow colour changing LED bulbs could be used instead?
Yes, like I mentioned in my previous post, the entire assembly is fixed with only these wires coming out of it. It is also supposedly rated IP67 which in theory should give some protection against the elements. I've had a previous projector fog immersed in floodwater and that ruined it which is partly a reason for this upgrade.

In all my excitement, I forgot to take a picture of the assembly before installing it but I found the exact same picture on Google

Name:  Hb531eeb465734b91999c3f7666275fedD.jpg
Views: 5301
Size:  249.5 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
Can you please share the price and name of the store where you got these from?
Hey, this costs anywhere between 6.5 to 8k and I got it for 7k from a store in Sion, Mumbai. Ive installed it myself but labour may be charged extra. I can PM you the exact details if you so please.

Last edited by city2491 : 21st September 2021 at 13:30. Reason: wrong emoji
city2491 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 21:46   #7
BHPian

Hi, can you DM me the shop details pls. Would like to see if these can be installed for Jetta.
Old 22nd September 2021, 00:11   #8
Senior - BHPian

These are some neat pairs of foglamps and seem just what I wanted for my EcoSport which is plagued by not so powerful headlights or foglamps at least for me.

Wondering if these fit my car make as they surely look similar in shape and size at least from the pictures. If you have some more information please share as I am looking for them based out of Bangalore.
Old 22nd September 2021, 12:37   #9
BHPian

Any idea if these can be retrofitted in cars which do not have round fog lamp brackets. I mean, bolted on to the bumper like the aftermarket driving lights
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkunal.shah View Post
Hi, can you DM me the shop details pls. Would like to see if these can be installed for Jetta.
Hey, I've sent the details. If your Jetta has round fog lamps it can be installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishglg View Post
Wondering if these fit my car make as they surely look similar in shape and size at least from the pictures.
Hey, these would surely fit your EcoSport. Ask for Bi-LED iPhCar fog lamps, model M617. I've also attached a picture in a previous reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderinNomad View Post
Any idea if these can be retrofitted in cars which do not have round fog lamp brackets. I mean, bolted on to the bumper like the aftermarket driving lights
The set comes with many different types of brackets and it can easily fit that way. If you bolt them on, they will look like auxiliary lamps.
city2491 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 03:02   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
Hey, I've sent the details. If your Jetta has round fog lamps it can be installed.

Hey, these would surely fit your EcoSport. Ask for Bi-LED iPhCar fog lamps, model M617. I've also attached a picture in a previous reply.

The set comes with many different types of brackets and it can easily fit that way. If you bolt them on, they will look like auxiliary lamps.
Thanks, recently an accessories guy told me it can only be installed in round fog lamp shaped cars
Old 26th September 2021, 21:55   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by city2491 View Post
Hey, the fogs and headlamps have no connection apart from high beam activation. I'm not sure what you mean by same or different ballast. .
This is what I meant:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...911_173845.jpg

So now your car has 4 ballasts ? two for headlights and two for foglamps ?
Old 27th September 2021, 11:41   #13
BHPian

Nice work. I'm also using the same ones in my car fog lamps and happy with them too.
Old 1st December 2021, 15:15   #14
BHPian

Hello, I am planning on these iPH Bi-LED Projectors for my fog lamps on my 2021 Thar.
The stock Fog lamps are H16 19 watts, so I will need a relay harness to power these Bi-LED Projectors.
But looking at the projectors, it says 35W low beam and 40W High beam, does the projector has two LED chips?
With the four wires, Two wires seems to be for the LED chip which I will power from the Relay harness and will use the stock foglamp connector for triggering the harness, retaining the stock on-off switch. The other two wires, I need to connect with the High Beam of my H4 headlights to trigger the Hi-beam of the projectors, considering, its for the solenoid which controls the shroud for low-beam cut off.
Am I correct?

Last edited by dr_TJ : 1st December 2021 at 15:16.
Old 18th February 2023, 23:56   #15
BHPian

Hi,

Came across this thread when searching for lighting options,kindly share the details of the dealer in Sion!

Thanks in advance!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks