Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2022, 17:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Review: Poorboy's White Diamond + Turtle Wax Ceramic Wax + Turtle Wax Ceramic Spray Coating

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotcombubbled View Post
Hey, I got my new car yesterday, and I removed each and every sticker be it dealership or pollution etc. I was also planning to remove the barcode (basically an eyesore) stickers but dealer advised not to.

Why do you recommended removing it ?
You should not have removed that "Non-Polluting Vehicle" sticker since that is legally mandatory if I remember correctly. However, you should absolutely remove that barcoded sticker since the information on it can be used to access highly confidential and sensitive information like engine immobilizer codes, key codes, etc which can be misused to delete the original keys and make new ones. Think about it this way, if Hyundai wanted it to be permanent, wouldn't they have embossed the information like the VIN and engine number ? Hyundai kept the information on a sticker so that they can use it for inventory management, tracking, etc till the vehicle reaches the dealer who can then remove the sticker before delivering the vehicle to the customer. The information on that sticker is already present with Hyundai. I feel that the dealers do not remove the stickers primarily due to laziness and some messed up thoughts like if more cars get stolen then people will buy cars again
Chhanda Das is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks