Team-BHP - Better car for turbo charging - which??
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Better car for turbo charging - which?? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/24692-better-car-turbo-charging.html)

Hi

Have been toying with the idea of a Turbo Charged fun car. Which is the best for doing that between the following choices :-
# SWIFT
# LANCER
# OHC type 2
# Maruti Baleno

The criteria being affordability, driving pleasure, handling, minimum hassle maintainence, oomph factor:p, fastest 0-100..........

Informed comments & suggestions welcome.

Cheers

OHC type 2 Vtec......

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 455724)
OHC type 2 Vtec......

I completely agree with you,having seen Swift,Baleno and OHC in "Turbo mode",even i thought OHC was more fun.

Are Turbo cars limited to just Lancer, OHC, Baleno, Swift. Cant other cars be also considered?

OHC Type 2 but Ohc type 2 with B16A will be killer..

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA (Post 455735)
Are Turbo cars limited to just Lancer, OHC, Baleno, Swift. Cant other cars be also considered?

Querry 1 - No, No limitations but there are certain parameters I mentioned, within which I'd like to remain.

Querry 2 - Yes, Other cars can be considered as long as they qualify the parameters I mentioned.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power (Post 455738)
OHC Type 2 but Ohc type 2 with B16A will be killer..

Thanks - but I'd like to stay away from an engine transplant if I can manage to resist the temptation......;)

buy this car
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...more-sale.html

Ahem. Thought of the Cedia? Better than all. And the 4G69 can accomodate 4G63 parts...that's EVO for you...

If going for used, I'd suggest a used Accord V6. Oooooommppphhh.....

Else, from the given list...OHC-VTEC-T-II.

Well, heres a suggestion. Most of the cars you mentioned with cost you 4 lacs. Add another lac for turbo-charging plus some more for alloys / tyres.

Why not just pay 7 lac odd and get an RS?

Quote:

Originally Posted by veyron1 (Post 455760)
Ahem. Thought of the Cedia? Better than all. And the 4G69 can accomodate 4G63 parts...that's EVO for you...

If going for used, I'd suggest a used Accord V6. Oooooommppphhh.....

Else, from the given list...OHC-VTEC-T-II.

Have been thinking of a Cedia.......but have not been able to find a used one YET....as for the Accord V6 I personally find it too big, I prefer a smaller car.

Thanks for the IDEA though

Cheers

GTO has made a very good suggestion, a used RS is a wonderful car to toy with and has all the above features that youd need. It is a little heavy on the pocket generally as far is maintenance is concered but it should not be a that major probem. Cost wise, yeah you can save a couple of more lacs on the donor car if you go for a lancer/city etc, theyre all in the 2 - 2.5 lac range these days.

Rickyji, stop troubling other people and making thier heads spin :P

EDIT: Oh and i also love the cedia idea, there are bolt on turbo kits available for it you know, and i feel it would be more fun than an RS because it gives you that EVOish feel, eslecially after the cosmetics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 455762)
Well, heres a suggestion. Most of the cars you mentioned with cost you 4 lacs. Add another lac for turbo-charging plus some more for alloys / tyres.

agree:

Absolutely skoda is pefect 150 horses and reliability will be there as it will be a product by the company ,and it will be newer model too than OHC which will be at best 2003

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 455762)

Hi

Already have an Octavia 1.9 TDi, this is an additional "fun car thingy" The whole excercise of re-doing the car & TC-ing it is where the fun lies !!!:p

Thanks for the suggestion though !!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by autopsyche (Post 455770)
GTO has made a very good suggestion, a used RS is a wonderful car to toy with and has all the above features that youd need. It is a little heavy on the pocket generally as far is maintenance is concered but it should not be a that major probem. Cost wise, yeah you can save a couple of more lacs on the donor car if you go for a lancer/city etc, theyre all in the 2 - 2.5 lac range these days.

Rickyji, stop troubling other people and making thier heads spin :P

EDIT: Oh and i also love the cedia idea, there are bolt on turbo kits available for it you know, and i feel it would be more fun than an RS because it gives you that EVOish feel, eslecially after the cosmetics!

Arushji mera Saadar Pranaam Sweekar Karen,

You know I have a SKODA already (so I know what the maintainence cost is), why should I buy another one:confused: Unless of course I sell my Diesel & buy a RS........:p What do you say to TC-ing one of the cars I mentioned.........
I did talk of a Cedia if you remember....but it got put on a back burner as I was unable to find any used Cedia.......I am definately not gonna get a new one for this....

Cheers