Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2007, 21:48   #1
BANNED

Swifts making a noise ..

Hey, Today after having a free flow lying in my court yard for over a month and getting a BLASTING from wifey I again decided to make an effort and get to teh work shop and finally put it where its meant to be -- ON THE SWIFT !!

Woke up in the morning dreary eyed as I slept only at 5 am , was trying to load music onto the USB drive for the system .... and barely managed putting in a few songs -- its too confusing , so Im gonna wait for Gunbir to burn a few cd's for me .. till then its the FM only . Anyways woke up only to realise that the gujjars have taken Gurgaon by storm and tehre were reports of all Delhi borders sealed . So I thought it just wasn't to be .... I called Arush and he told me he's on his way to Gurgaon , and wud tell me if alls well on the roads . He got to his workshop , called me .. and I jumped in and of I went . I almost reached his work shop ... was about 1.5 kms away and I realised that in the excitement I had forgotten the free flow at home only

Came back home .. took the system .. back to Arush .. and it was 2 by then -- and I tol him that I need my car by 4.30 as I HAD TO GET SOMEWHERE and just CUDN"T MISS THE APPOINTMENT . Got working on the car ... the old set up came out very smoothly except for the O2 sensor , which refused to come out ... had to use the blow torch to get it to open . When it finally did open , we realised that the thread was totally gone and it just wudn't stick to the new headers -- I was dreading paying for an O2 sensor , luckily jugaad came in handy and we managed to fit it , though I doubt it can be taken of and then fitted again .

I was eager to hear the sound teh car woudl make .... finally at about 4.15 we had it all fitted .. Hit the ignition and man , it was AWESOME !!!! Arush took it for a spin and the sound was orgasmic . I took it out , and realised that she was red lining way faster than what I was used to . 1st - 2nd - 3rd - traffic - back to 2nd and instantly back to 1st !!! And de gearing was even better sounding .... though when I wud do that .. I cud hear something below the car which didn't sound gud . The mech did a bit of tinkering and said FINE !!!

Headed out onto the GUrgaon free way ... saw the empty stretch and cudn't resist the temptation to floor the throttle. And what a RUSH , slapped myself for not having gotten it done earleir . The only problem being that when I lifted off the throttle the same sound came from below the car . For a second I thought the free flow was gonna pop out .... tried again only to get the same sound -- so then decided to drive below 2K !!!!

Will be going back tom to rectify it ..... things like this that keep me away from teh work shop . Anyways , will post a detailed review of this after a few days ....

Till then
Cheers

PS -- I cant figure out how to set FM on the system ... it all got reset when we dis connected the wire from the battery . So the system is off till I figure it out or maybe put a CD or two in the car , though who wants to listen to music when I have the free flow to enjoy !!! Maybe I wasted money on the system and shud have sent that instead to Keshav for the CAM

Please restrict the use of dots (...). It only makes your posts more diffcult to read. Thanks. Navin.

Last edited by navin : 5th June 2007 at 09:41.
Old 4th June 2007, 21:57   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Looks like the flange might be a bit loose causing the sound. Nothing to worry, just get it checked tomorrow. And how did you manage to fit the O2 sensor? Heated the header pipe around it with a blow torch to get a fit? I hear the headers are from Leela. How much did you pay? And where do they kick in? I mean low end, top end, mid range? Not where they kick you out of your mind. Dont be satisfied just, I have much more in store for you. And no, just a cam is not where it ends .

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
PS -- I cant figure out how to set FM on the system
I am guessing that you dont know how to operate a camera either. To post a few pics of the ICE and the FFE install. Cut down on the KF's will ya, you will begin to remember everything.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 4th June 2007 at 22:01.
Old 4th June 2007, 22:05   #3
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Looks like the flange might be a bit loose causing the sound. Nothing to worry, just get it checked tomorrow. And how did you manage to fit the O2 sensor? Heated the header pipe around it with a blow torch to get a fit? I hear the headers are from Leela. How much did you pay? And where do they kick in? I mean low end, top end, mid range? Not where they kick you out of your mind. Dont be satisfied just, I have much more in store for you. And no, just a cam is not where it ends .

I am guessing that you dont know how to operate a camera either. To post a few pics of the ICE and the FFE install. Cut down on the KF's will ya, you will begin to remember everything.
Hey, I aint telling where it is from as of now .... wanna be sure that it delivers what I had asked for or else I will send it back . But if it gives me the low-mid range kick .... then I will tell name of secret tuner . Cud be anyone .... Psycho - Leela - Viper - Automech - Local !!!

And I do wonder what you have in mind .... Im only open to the CAM , but if I get it on EMI's !!! Anything beyond that -- NO WAYS , first Delhi needs a tuner I can trust before I do anything more , though how I wud luv to TC her .

Cheers
Old 4th June 2007, 22:10   #4
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75 View Post
And I do wonder what you have in mind .... Im only open to the CAM , but if I get it on EMI's !!! Anything beyond that -- NO WAYS , first Delhi needs a tuner I can trust before I do anything more , though how I wud luv to TC her . Cheers
Ever heard of customer service? We will send a tuner by rickshaw if thats what it takes to sort out your issues. Knowing psycho, he might reach faster on the rick than on his phus phus .
Old 4th June 2007, 22:21   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Khaadu, McLaren, Khaadu, McLaren. That song should go well with the "phus phus" beat.

Khaadu, while you're out snapping a few pics of the ICE, my best wishes also stay with you for some pics of the exhaust - from header to tail
Old 4th June 2007, 22:25   #6
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Khaadu, while you're out snapping a few pics of the ICE, my best wishes also stay with you for some pics of the exhaust - from header to tail
He mentioned about going for a TD to see where the headers kick in. I highly doubt we will see any pics from him today. Tomorrow we will get an update on the Tri-Phase he plans to install. Good going khaadu. Zor ka jhatka dheere se laga. First ICE and then this.
Old 5th June 2007, 00:11   #7
BHPian

hey khadu! that sounds damm neat mann! now i cant wait to collect enough dough to get mine! hey till when are you in delhi? i'd love to hear it if you're free some time!
happy revving!
Old 5th June 2007, 01:32   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Mountain Boy!!! Seems like your car is finally getting the attention & equipment she deserves, good for both of you!! And kudos to your wifey for shouting on you for not getting the exhaust fitted!!!

P.S. Now is a good time for you to consider some nice wheels & tyres!!!
Old 5th June 2007, 01:49   #9
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
P.S. Now is a good time for you to consider some nice wheels & tyres!!!
After I recover from the shock of spending so much on ICE .,... and then I still need to get that frigging CAM & the K&N !!! So after that its time for the wheels ... Im allready looking for them so maybe by Aug I shud have them !1

Cheers
Old 5th June 2007, 12:11   #10
BANNED

Guys, next on the list obviously is tyres and alloys ..... I'm looking at the following alloys but in white and tyres 205/50 !! But keeping the profile in mind , Ill save the original rims and tyres and put them on when ever the car is headed to Himachal coz the size mentioned above might not be a gud idea for a place where there are no roads .

Cheers
Old 5th June 2007, 12:21   #11
Team-BHP Support

Hope you're getting those in either white or black! Would go perfectly with a red car.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:25   #12
BANNED

Like I said stick to 195/55/16's if the stock size you mentioned to me is right. And white they are RT.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:28   #13
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Hope you're getting those in either white or black! Would go perfectly with a red car.
White .... black wud look dull so going for white !! The only thing is that Im confused with the size so any help with that wud be appreciated . Just that I have to keep the bad roads in mind ... !!!
Old 5th June 2007, 12:39   #14
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest 195/60 R15, keeping your road conditions in mind.
Old 5th June 2007, 12:40   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I would suggest 195/60 R15, keeping your road conditions in mind.
Or ditch the whole plan of spending 40+k on tires. Instead start saving for your turbo and intercooler .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks