Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2024, 17:51   #16
BHPian

Re: Additional NVH insulation for my car | Lot of engine & tyre noise in the cabin

So got this done today. The owner has created a short video: https://www.instagram.com/tuneup_pro...l/C3ciHs2NEoh/

I'll do a detailed post about the work once I take the car for a longer drive. The rattles are gone and bass is now punchy. The cost is 3K per door - a bit on the higher side for what you are getting out of it. The 15 piece box seems to be retailing around 12.5k at Motorogue; I think this can be used for damping 2 cars (just doors). Took less than 4 hours for 3 guys to do the job. Although I was told the panel vibrations at higher volume would go away - it got worse. They meant rattles and the punchy bass meant more vibrations. But it certainly feels less annoying - perhaps it's just 'post-purchase rationalisation' from my side.
Old 22nd February 2024, 16:04   #17
BHPian

Re: Additional NVH insulation for my car | Lot of engine & tyre noise in the cabin

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomahawk View Post
The rattles which annoyed me is gone but now I can hear squeaks form places. I decided to make peace with it and not throw away more money at something I don’t understand. I reached out to Morel to see if there is anything that can be done, and they said the installer has done what they would have recommended. I’m no audiophile so can’t quantify the improvement in audio quality. The cabin sounds have certainly reduced and with the right tyres perhaps I’ll be closer to achieving my goal.
My EV ownership thread has been updated with details of the work. Did damping using Morel AcuDamp 121.15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks