Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2022, 18:18   #1
BHPian

"Claimed" Genuine Accessories and Components in Aftermarket Shops

Hello all,

I was casually browsing aftermarket accessories on YouTube and a question came to mind.

In the current trend of "base" to "top" accessorizing, I have noticed a lot of these aftermarket stores display giant cardboard boxes with "[insert company name] GENUINE ACCESSORIES" printed on them, claiming them to be original. Moreover, they claim to offer additional discounts (upto 30%) on them. When asked how they got their hands on the said accessories, they have a standard "We have a dealer, We order in bulk, etc." response.

How genuine are these accessories really and what are your opinions regarding them?
KebabBoi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 12:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: "Claimed" Genuine Accessories and Components in Aftermarket Shops

I think dealer margins are pretty high on accessories. Dealers make money mostly through service, spares and accessories. These car accessory shop guys understand that. Since bulk purchases come in marginally lower prices, they offer competitive options. Not all may be genuine accessories but I think most brands now have outsourced the accessory business to third parties. The branding is done depending on the requirement. Also, most accessory shop guys understand how warranty works and are very good at upgrading audio and lighting of cars without cutting a single wire.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks