Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2022, 16:36   #16
BHPian

Re: Review | Osram LEDriving HL Premium | 6000 Kelvin | Hyundai Creta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
5. Once you confirm that the LED Is lighting up AND the fan is operational behind the LED now its time to place the LED into the casing. Simply insert the led inside and rotate CLOCKWISE so that the LED groves into the slots.
6. Put the dust cover back and test the throw of light.
Great upgrade, I am also looking forward to making such a mod to my car. One quick question though, you mentioned that the fan is behind LED and it i working and then you put the dust cover behind it. Where does the hot air from the fan dissipated to? I mean does it stay behind the cover itself. In that case how does the cooling work?
puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:41   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post

I had made up my mind that I will never upgrade headlamps in my car from now on, but this was till I saw this thread of yours.
3.5k seems like a steal deal for a branded LED light and Osram no less! Then the biggest plus is it all sits inside the headlamp casing without having to cut anything at all
My question for you is, will the ballast lying inside the casing, stay put there without any glue or zip ties or something and won't move around when driving causing issues? And do all cars have this much space inside to house both the bulb plus fan and its ballast or can this require the same cutting the dust cap hassle?
Every situation you narrated stands true for me as well and I am glad you did share few other situations which i could not. 3.5K is a decent price to pay for getting a bump up though not exceptional but again you are within the range of OEM specs. "The LED Control Box" as they call it and the extra cable can be easily tucked inside the casing without tying them and it wont ideally move inside as the space is limited. I have seen the same LED getting installed on Youtube on a Tata Tiago, Baleno, Creta and one more model i cant recall and all of them had some space to push the cable and control box.The dust cap doesn't need to be cut like you said which is a plus. What i would suggest is to open the dust cap in your case and get an idea if it can accommodate the extras.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
I've been using Osram LEDs in both the low and high beams of my EcoSport 2018 since almost 6 months now. The LED strip of the high beam of the right headlamp doesn't sit exactly straight (as in perpendicular) in the housing due to the design of the holder itself. Weirdly the one on the left fits just right.
This has led to some purple fringing and in general a softer cutoff pattern when compared to the left headlamp.
Even with this less than ideal situation, the light output is miles better than the stock setup. I can cruise at 90 kmph all night on all kinds of roads. Yet to test these in fog, though i do turn on my halogen fog lamps in rains for better visibility on wet roads.
Would definitely recommend Osram to anyone considering plug and play led bulbs.
Glad you are a existing happy customer of the same model i suppose. I do have a question for you which has been bothering me ever since the installation. I have tucked in the cable and the control box inside the casing and there is a high possibility that it might touch the fan casing (not the fan) and any other part of the LED assembly (except the LED) which might get hot during operation. Do you think it can cause any issues like melting or any sort of short circuit and all . I know the situation is far fetched but it just bothers me. Maybe you can throw some light .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharan_si View Post
Thanks for detailed write up on this, have you done any modification on dust cap, like putting extra hole ? I have Seltos, it has projector assembly with halogen bulb in base model, I went for projector setup later, I had to drill the dust cap. so far no issues from 1.5 years.
Appreciate you like the post. One of the main reasons to go for this model was that it didn't require any modifications at all. The dust cap remains intact without any cutting.I didn't understand what you meant by " it has projector assembly with halogen bulb in base model, I went for projector setup later, I had to drill the dust cap". You already had a projector setup so what was the requirement to cut the dust cap.Infact i have seen videos of Seltos owners using this LED in the same fashion as the location and process is same for both Creta and Seltos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurajanme View Post
Doubt. Have you put the dust cap back? If so, wont the bulb gets overheated as the fan becomes useless in stale air without any airflow?
I have installed the dust cap back.
I have the same question in my mind and in fact i am now planning to remove the mesh which sits inside the dust cap to make some space behind the fan and the end of the dust cap. You also need to consider that the use of LED will be during night when the temperature outside is usually low which will act as a savior and avoid the overheating situation.But based upon the reviews online it has not caused any issues to any of the owners so i am assuming it should not be a point of concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajjt View Post
The LED brand is RD X800 which has got 30 months peace of mind assurance from the ASC with a price tag of 7500/- with proper invoice. Haven't done much night drives on rainy days but am confident that it will support based on my limited rain drives experience.

For those who are looking for upgrade, here's the link
https://www.rdoverseas.in/product/ca...ights-rd-x800/

Am in no way associated with this company and the item was sourced from my ASC not from the site, so am not responsible in case if you face any bitter experiences from this portal.
First of all congrats for bringing a new ride home. I am glad the new setup is working as expected. Not to spoil the fun but please do not take the ASC's word blindly as they wont be responsible for any issues which might arise as a result of this after market accessory.Trust me i have seen cases where in similar situations the ASC has washed their hands off despite the customer complaining that the accessory was installed by them. Worst case scenario the warranty claim can be rejected and there is no way you can fight it out with them as its a company policy.Having said that if the installation you did falls well within the spec range of the OEM it becomes easy to fight your case with the ASC or with the manufacturer.Even in my case the risk is all mine and there is a possibility that the claim might be rejected but then this upgrade was for the safety of my family and not for fun.So there is a fine line you have to tread to maintain a balance between getting the claims as well as felling secured while driving at night.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:52   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanSabh View Post
Product -> Osram HB3/HB4 49005/6CW Headlamp integrated driver (Set of 2, 25W 12V)
Bought from->Amazon
Paid->3560
Warranty->1 Year

Question: Is this compatible with the Grand i10 Sportz 2018?
So what matters is not the model but the type of bulb(Like H3 or H4 and so on) being used in Grand i10. In case your vehicle is using any of the bulb types mentioned in the description of the product it should work. Best bet is to open the dust cover in your vehicle and take a picture of the existing bulb and then compare it with this product. If the specs match then there is no reason it wont work.I hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
Dear OP, Did you check the Osram HID? I have the Osram HID in my Nexon and the light output is fabulous.
It is only 35W per HID and much better than either LED or halogen.
Uploaded a photo for reference.

Thanks.
My understanding is that HID requires a ballast and might require cutting of the dust cap to accommodate the assembly which was a big no for me hence did not consider it at all .

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Great upgrade, I am also looking forward to making such a mod to my car. One quick question though, you mentioned that the fan is behind LED and it i working and then you put the dust cover behind it. Where does the hot air from the fan dissipated to? I mean does it stay behind the cover itself. In that case how does the cooling work?
Well this question was the first one to popup in my mind and then i thought the led will only be used during night when the temperature outside is relatively less which can help in avoiding that situation. Plus i am also now planning to remove the mesh which holds the silica gel and that should give some space behind the fan for the air . But honestly i dont have a clear answer as to what is the solution to get the hot air out.The only solution i can think of is to cut a hole in the dust cap to get the hot air out but again it defeats the purpose.I am still searching for a definitive answer to this problem.All the long term reviews i have seen none of them have quoted any heating problem so that's a saving grace but yes the hunt is on to find a permanent solution for this .Will keep the post updated as soon as i find one.
Artyom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I have tucked in the cable and the control box inside the casing and there is a high possibility that it might touch the fan casing (not the fan) and any other part of the LED assembly (except the LED) which might get hot during operation. Do you think it can cause any issues like melting or any sort of short circuit and all . I know the situation is far fetched but it just bothers me. Maybe you can throw some light.
Hehe.. Throw some light.. I saw what you did there.
TBH i don't really remember putting the wire in the casing in a specific manner to avoid the fan and heatsink. I did open it to try and get the right bulb to play nice a couple of days ago and didn't notice anything unusual..this is just after the hottest time of the year.
And like you said they're used at night when it's cooler anyway. I believe it'll hold up just fine.
DrAakash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 17:47   #20

It is a nice install.

Here are my points, and what I feel about LED Bulbs.

1:- 6000K color rating is not suited for monsoons at all, you will not be able to see anything on a rainy day or on wet tarmac.

2:- From the images, I feel the halogens were able to illuminate the road better.

3:- If you want the best output try out 55W / 65W 4300K HID, it takes some time to reach operating temperature but it's worth the time and money.

Color temprature is very very important in Indian road conditions as we do not have well LIT roads, and the majority of the roads are not marked properly as well.
kumarrjayant is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 18:32   #21
BHPian

Quote:
To be honest when i had decided that I will be upgrading it what may come my search was focused on YouTube and in general on Google where most of the reviews were pointing towards either the Osrams or the AutoBahn ones.
Thanks for sharing, my main idea was to understand whether or not the Osrams are worth that high of a price as compared to other brands. From the photos the cut-off looks quite sharp and overall lighting looks crisp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
I have a 2017 Vento, and would like to go for plug and play type LED bulbs. What was the result of your upgrade? Which one would you suggest me?
If your Vento/Polo has stock dual barrel halogen lamps then here is the technical specs for the lights:

Parking Lights: T10
Low Beams: H7
High Beams: H7
Fogs: H8 (For facelifted versions of Vento only!)

I went in for the Nighteye due to the cost effectiveness and compact design which requires no cutting or modifications, in other words it is plug and play as you wanted. Been over a year that I have been using these lights, no issues whatsoever.

Only complain is that cut-off isn't as well-defined as other brands but isn't really a problem. Headlights can be aligned in such a way that they don't blind oncoming drivers. Please note that you will need an adaptor as the pin is different for the halogen housing. This adaptor can be easily sourced online.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 18:42   #22
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I hate these third-party headlights, mostly because we Indians don't understand the meaning between low-beam and high-beam,
On a two way road, I go well prepared that every car that is gonna pass-by will try it's best to blind me.
Since most people who want LED's prefer the cheapest option! they don't care about the quality!
KI07 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 18:51   #23

Thanks for the detailed write-up.
Gives me the confidence to try this on my own Creta soon.
AttyBhai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 21:51   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

1.The spread of the halogens (Low beam) was not extensive, and it wasn’t illuminating the road to my satisfaction. I would rate it acceptable at the most.

Not trying to discourage you but just sharing some observations.

The LEDs beam pattern looks inconsistent or its the camera not capturing it properly, nevertheless I hope there are no wierd hotspots or shadows, it will cause lot of fatigue to your eyes on long night journeys.

Infact even premium bulbs like Extreme vision alters the beam pattern that is not very beneficial for the driver.

Also LED and heat does not go well, I hope there is sufficient ventilation else you'd burn them out during a long drive.
Old 8th August 2022, 22:02   #25
BHPian

Looks like a good setup and reasonably priced too!

I've upgraded to 55w HIDs on both my cars (Verna & i20) and the output is just amazing.
I feel that HIDs perform better than LEDs in the real world but then, LEDs are more reliable and less pricey.

Output from the Verna which has Art HIDs 5000k-
Review | Osram LEDriving HL Premium | 6000 Kelvin | Hyundai Creta-img_20201031_234454.jpg

And the i20 with Excelite HIDs 4200k-
Review | Osram LEDriving HL Premium | 6000 Kelvin | Hyundai Creta-collagemaker_20210926_001844033.jpg

Spent around 9k for the Verna and 7.5k for the i20 but super happy with the on road performance
Nazaar25 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 22:27   #26
BHPian

Interesting thread. @Artyom, you mentioned fan. Is there a fan in the heatsink area?

I had debated often on installing an LED bulb in my Vento (double barrel version, H7 bulbs). However I am most worried about heat dissipation. Even if there is a fan in the heatsink, the entire assembly is in an enclosed space. Is there any problem with overheating?

At the moment I have been using Osram Nightbreaker Laser. Light output is good, but bulb lifespan is short.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 22:35   #27
BHPian

Can someone tell if such modification / upgrade possible on XUV 500 W8 2013 model.?

Oh, checked other threads & got required information.

So issue resolved.

Last edited by Vijay T : 8th August 2022 at 22:45. Reason: Got enough threads on xuv lights
Vijay T is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 08:20   #28
BHPian

Infractions: 0/2 (9)

Nice DIY, comrade. LED bulbs sure do feel like military grade ammo, don't they?
vredesbyrd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 17:37   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
Not trying to discourage you but just sharing some observations.

The LEDs beam pattern looks inconsistent or its the camera not capturing it properly, nevertheless I hope there are no weird hot spots or shadows, it will cause lot of fatigue to your eyes on long night journeys.
Also LED and heat does not go well, I hope there is sufficient ventilation else you'd burn them out during a long drive.
Yes the pattern is little inconsistent and in particular on the left hand side the beam is traveling diagonal towards upper left.I am yet to get the alignment done which should help.Heat dissipation is a genuine concern and so far the solution i am planning to implement is :-

1. I am planning to remove the mesh which holds the silica gel pack and instead paste a small silicon pouch.Removing the mesh will increase the distance between the fan and the dust cap end.
2.I am planning to paste some thermal pads for heat absorption.
3.Last resort would be to punch 3 or 4 small holes using a drill bit in the dust cap to let the heat dissipate.

Another query which i had was since the LED will be used during night when the temps will be lower do you really think heating could be a concern?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazaar25 View Post
Looks like a good setup and reasonably priced too!

I've upgraded to 55w HIDs on both my cars (Verna & i20) and the output is just amazing.

Attachment 2343630

And the i20 with Excelite HIDs 4200k-
Attachment 2343638

Spent around 9k for the Verna and 7.5k for the i20 but super happy with the on road performance
The HID lines are sharp as hell and confidence inspiring.Good setup brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Interesting thread. @Artyom, you mentioned fan. Is there a fan in the heatsink area?

I had debated often on installing an LED bulb in my Vento (double barrel version, H7 bulbs). However I am most worried about heat dissipation. Even if there is a fan in the heatsink, the entire assembly is in an enclosed space. Is there any problem with overheating?

At the moment I have been using Osram Nightbreaker Laser. Light output is good, but bulb lifespan is short.
Well the heat sink itself encases the fan based upon my observation. Heating issue is a logical concern for sure but again whatever reviews i have seen people have been using this setup for like 6 months and more and they didn't face any issues.Secondly since the LED will be used in the night the temps are low i am not sure if heating should be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vredesbyrd View Post
Nice DIY, comrade. LED bulbs sure do feel like military grade ammo, don't they?
Thanks Dmitri , I would term the upgrade as going from M15 to AK47. LOL
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 18:36   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Another query which i had was since the LED will be used during night when the temps will be lower do you really think heating could be a concern?
There is a good amount of heat that needs to be taken care of when it comes to white LEDs, its not from external sources but from the device itself.

Here is an example of what is inside it.

Kosfactor is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks