Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2007, 21:28   #16
Senior - BHPian

12.7 in testing with nitrous. That's as fast as a 1.3 is going to get with only nitrous.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:00   #17
Senior - BHPian

There sure is a long way to go then. Of course I'm talking about 1600 engines.
Old 30th June 2007, 01:03   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Ananth, achieving those numbers would also be credited to the ease of availability of performance aftermarket parts, rubberized drag strips, factors such as height from sea level, weather conditions etc too na? Besides without a dyno its almost impossible to set up a car right. If and when all this should be available here I guess we will see the times drop. Until then......
Old 30th June 2007, 01:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

ok guys can you help me out i didn't want to start a new thread

i am getting a new car in a few months and my current car an alto would become my next project car

i just want to know if a OHC vtec or a1.5 L will fit in the negine bay and which is the biggest possible engine 2 fit in an alto
Old 30th June 2007, 01:22   #20
BHPian

hi all

does the standard 1.5 city engine have hyper written in it?

also, what would be a better option to put into a zen, 1.5 vtec, esteem or the baleno plant? i have read the e zen, b zen thread. and iam still confused!

what is the bhp of the zen that did 12.77 secs?
Old 30th June 2007, 02:01   #21
Senior - BHPian

Ananth, what do you think would be a good time for a 1.3 SOHC weighing 700 kgs given 50 degree Centigrade track temperatures and regular tarmac roads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
does the standard 1.5 city engine have hyper written in it?
Yes. And for crying out loud, there is no such thing as Hyper iVtec anywhere on earth.

Quote:
also, what would be a better option to put into a zen, 1.5 vtec, esteem or the baleno plant?
Depends on what you're looking for, and how capable your tuner is. I would suggest an Esteem MPFI or DOHC Swift engine.

Quote:
what is the bhp of the zen that did 12.77 secs?
Where did you get the 12.77 figure?
Old 30th June 2007, 07:08   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Ananth, what do you think would be a good time for a 1.3 SOHC weighing 700 kgs given 50 degree Centigrade track temperatures and regular tarmac roads?
Lots of other factors like McL said. I'm pretty sure track temps and altitude wont make more than a few tenths of a difference, but tires definitely will. I noticed in the last speedrun that I saw, that nobody was running slicks. The times I was talking about were posted on slicks.

The point I'm trying to make is we are far off from real excellence in engine tuning and car setup. Maybe we're getting there. "Street Performance" is different from "Race setup".

So like I said before, we have a long way to go.

Last edited by ananthkamath : 30th June 2007 at 07:14.
Old 30th June 2007, 18:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Where did you get the 12.77 figure?
well, me and a few friends were present in speedrun we had recorded each and every drag on camera. it was in all that rush and on an old handycam. so all the times are not perfectly visible. honestly i cant vouch for that figure, but i do recall one zen doing less than 13 sec.
Old 30th June 2007, 20:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
Lots of other factors like McL said. I'm pretty sure track temps and altitude wont make more than a few tenths of a difference, but tires definitely will. I noticed in the last speedrun that I saw, that nobody was running slicks. The times I was talking about were posted on slicks.

The point I'm trying to make is we are far off from real excellence in engine tuning and car setup. Maybe we're getting there. "Street Performance" is different from "Race setup".

So like I said before, we have a long way to go.
No, I mean really, what's a good time? Now the 1300s are doing in the early 13s, with BFG DragForce radials. Altitude, you'd be surprised just how much of a difference it makes. Also, your East Coast and Detroit runs are normally done at 10-15 degrees Centrigrade, or so I'm told, while we do it in the middle of the day at close to 50 degrees. All this adds up, and we've seen it for ourselves.
Old 30th June 2007, 20:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Mason, its 450 baba. Don't know which site are you talking about.
Exactly what you ae talking about.
Shreyas (dom) had mentioned it a long time ago, its on one of the suzuki sites.
Anyways, back to the topic now as our man surely isnt gunning for that, tons to learn for our tuners to make use of that sort of power.

manson.
Old 30th June 2007, 21:03   #26
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
well, me and a few friends were present in speedrun we had recorded each and every drag on camera. it was in all that rush and on an old handycam. so all the times are not perfectly visible. honestly i cant vouch for that figure, but i do recall one zen doing less than 13 sec.
The car we are talking about here never ran at the speedrun. Funny you say you have it on cam. Best time clocked by a zen 1300 was 14.752 by Vishu in the zen 1400 FI class. And 14.494 by Munna on his 1600 zen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
Shreyas (dom) had mentioned it a long time ago, its on one of the suzuki sites.
Dom was talking about suzisport I guess. The tuning company I referred to is different. Anyways 425 ya 450 doesn't matter much to us.

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 30th June 2007 at 21:05.
Old 30th June 2007, 21:31   #27
BHPian

isnt the 350-450 hp suzuki engines the srd engines.

1.3L Twin Cam 16V/1.6 350-450HP turbo drag engine (aluminum Flywheel, High comp engine, lighten and balance rotating assemblies, high profile Cams, adj. Pulleys, MSD ignition, GT28 turbo, cast iron exhaust manifold, intercooler, complete piping, blow off valve, deltagate, Haltech E6X, turbo timer, gauges boost/oil press/air fuel, oversized injectors, upgraded fuel pump, fuel rail, adjustable fuel press),
that about 5lakh odd

Suzuki Swift Racing Parts - Performance Parts by Suzuki Racing Development

Last edited by pawan : 30th June 2007 at 21:33.
Old 3rd July 2007, 04:58   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No, I mean really, what's a good time? Now the 1300s are doing in the early 13s, with BFG DragForce radials. Altitude, you'd be surprised just how much of a difference it makes. Also, your East Coast and Detroit runs are normally done at 10-15 degrees Centrigrade, or so I'm told, while we do it in the middle of the day at close to 50 degrees. All this adds up, and we've seen it for ourselves.
First point. 1300s are doing 13s. Thats good. But that's with nitrous. What are the NA cars doing? Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont see any 1300 zen doing less than 16 without nitrous/turbo. They did those times with Fiat 1100 engines back in the 80s, of course with RWD and a 500 kg Formula body but with track suspension (no weight transfer to the back at all) and plenty of wheelspin off the line.

Second point. You're wrong about track temps. No one runs here in the winter or at night. Everyone races in summer at which point the track temps are in the 35 to 40 deg. range.

Third point. How much ET do you lose with a few hundred feet of altitude? The times I posted were set at 700 feet altitude and Bangalore is 3500 feet approx. Do you lose a few seconds? Likely not. A few tenths? Maybe.

So I'd say a good time for a strip-only NA zen with a 650-700 kg body, drag-oriented suspension and proper drag tires is in the 13s even at your altitude and your track temp.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks