Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Modifiction of Type I M800 to Type II (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/25755-modifiction-type-i-m800-type-ii.html)

sathyaprakash 29th June 2007 20:42

Modifiction of Type I M800 to Type II
 
Dear friends I own an 1997 type I model which i like to change to the latest design M800 pls guide me the various aspects i should look into and the cost involved in it, and i also plan to give a good paint job along with a new set of alloys and tyres. I would like to thank my team members for their forthcomming suggestions, plans and ideas for this project.

manikjeet 29th June 2007 21:18

the project involves alot of things

new models lights front and rear
new model bumpers
fenders
indicators
and the rear 5th door
grill

the hood has to change only the new one has washers on the hood and the older one inside the hollow next to the windshield

the dash board has alot of changes and the trim on the door was also changed


the cost will be around 30 k plus

SRK 30th June 2007 10:59

Keep it simple..Get a new paintjob..
New alloys..

Why do you want to make it into the new version...
If you really want to change the looks..Go for addon kits..

Akshay1234 30th June 2007 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by sathyaprakash (Post 484325)
Dear friends I own an 1997 type I model which i like to change to the latest design M800 pls guide me the various aspects i should look into and the cost involved in it, and i also plan to give a good paint job along with a new set of alloys and tyres. I would like to thank my team members for their forthcomming suggestions, plans and ideas for this project.

look at edmunds thread in the collection of best threads. that shoul give you some ideas.

Sam Kapasi 30th June 2007 13:03

If you don't feel bad I'll give you my opinion.

I personally thought the 1997 M800 genII looked a lot better than the GenIII with the funny boot. My opinion only. You don't have to agree.
Why would you want to spend 30 grand to make it look like something it is not?

Get the car cleaned up, get a nice shiny paintjob and get the interior all cleaned up. Treat your engine to a spa and get new wheels and tyres. There will be such a feel-good factor in the car, you won't want to modify it.

All the best and do let us know what you decided. With pictures.

esteem_lover 30th June 2007 13:26

Dude, it is your money & spend it where you want it. Of course most of us would not agree to a make over of this sort, but if you still want to go ahead, do it.

I think you will need to get a new shell & all the lamps & accessories. Do you have the right mechanic to do this, otherwise it could end up a waste of precious time & money.
cheers

manikjeet 30th June 2007 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 484951)

I think you will need to get a new shell
cheers

why are you saying he needs a new shell
the sell of the m800 is unchanged from 1988 till now

and i think if you buy second parts from the scrap ward your cost will come down

with second parts it wouldn't cost more that 15 k or maybe even less

humyum 1st July 2007 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 484356)
the project involves alot of things

new models lights front and rear
new model bumpers
fenders
indicators
and the rear 5th door
grill

the hood has to change only the new one has washers on the hood and the older one inside the hollow next to the windshield

the dash board has alot of changes and the trim on the door was also changed


the cost will be around 30 k plus

The new model tail lights and headlights wont fix in the type 1 800 as they are of different shapes.
Its possible to fix new headlights and tail lights of the type 3 800 in the type 2 800 not the type 1

manikjeet 1st July 2007 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 485872)
The new model tail lights and headlights wont fix in the type 1 800 as they are of different shapes.
Its possible to fix new headlights and tail lights of the type 3 800 in the type 2 800 not the type 1

the shell is unchanged so the points to bolt on the headlight and tail lamp are the same

and yes its possible to change the headlamp from type 2 to type 3 but you wouldn't get the headlamp leveler

i have converted my type 1 alto to type 2 alto you can view pic in my gallery

humyum 1st July 2007 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 485875)
the shell is unchanged so the points to bolt on the headlight and tail lamp are the same

and yes its possible to change the headlamp from type 2 to type 3 but you wouldn't get the headlamp leveler

i have converted my type 1 alto to type 2 alto you can view pic in my gallery

Mere bhai type 1 is the square headlight and tail light wala model and type 2 has a rectangular headlight so it does not fix and the tail light moutings of type 1 is totally different from the type 2 and 3.
The shell is unchanged agreed but the basic design of the tail lights and headlights have changed.

manikjeet 1st July 2007 20:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 485888)
Mere bhai type 1 is the square headlight and tail light wala model and type 2 has a rectangular headlight so it does not fix and the tail light moutings of type 1 is totally different from the type 2 and 3.
The shell is unchanged agreed but the basic design of the tail lights and headlights have changed.


arre bhai i am telling you this i have seen many type 1 converting to type 2 i know that its rectangular and other is square but the mounts are the same bhai

its very much possible to convert a type 1 to type 3 or 2

and do you want pics of the cars which were converted from type one to type 2

humyum 1st July 2007 22:17

What about the hach door then?the old one has a square shape and the new one has a different shaped hatch door?New hatch door?

manikjeet 1st July 2007 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 484356)
new models lights front and rear
new model bumpers
fenders
indicators
and the rear 5th door
grill

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 485976)
What about the hach door then?the old one has a square shape and the new one has a different shaped hatch door?New hatch door?

i am call the hatch door the fifth door
i mentioned it in my first post itself

the hatch door has to be changed to accommodate new model tail lights

the mounts for the light as sstill the same

humyum 1st July 2007 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by manikjeet (Post 485980)
i am call the hatch door the fifth door
i mentioned it in my first post itself

the hatch door has to be changed to accommodate new model tail lights

the mounts for the light as sstill the same

Wokay sirji i was wrong about this then as the tail lights look way different.Anway thanks for the information.:)

manikjeet 1st July 2007 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by humyum (Post 485991)
Wokay sirji i was wrong about this then as they the tail lights look way different.Anway thanks for the information.:)

arre bhai no problem i love to help fellow bhpian :):)


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:25.