Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2022, 23:56   #31
BHPian

Re: Confused on how to further move on with my build: Skoda Octavia TDI DSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
We are the minority of minorities
  • Bi-Xenon headlight upgrade (including LED fog, LED DRLs and other associated parts) - 42k
Hi! Fellow TDI MT owner here!

I see you have upgraded the headlight to Bi-Xenon ones. Could you please confirm if this is an OEM retrofit or a modification in your existing reflector setup headlight?

Also, could you please tell us the place you got it done? More details on your headlight setup would be much appreciated as I'm planning to do the OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit. Please post more pictures of your headlight setup too.

Thanks in advance!
Old 3rd November 2022, 04:47   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy2345 View Post
Hi! Fellow TDI MT owner here!

I see you have upgraded the headlight to Bi-Xenon ones. Could you please confirm if this is an OEM retrofit or a modification in your existing reflector setup headlight?

Also, could you please tell us the place you got it done? More details on your headlight setup would be much appreciated as I'm planning to do the OEM Bi-Xenon retrofit. Please post more pictures of your headlight setup too.

Thanks in advance!
Good to see more MT owners

I got a projector set up. So blackened out the reflectors (through painting to give smoked look) and put the projector bi-xenon in place of low beam. OEM has no option for this.
The challenge with our headlight set up is, it’s a dual barrel headlight design and the high beam is H15 which has halogen DRL and high beam. Getting a replacement for this is difficult. So I still have that stock. Good thing is I have 2 high beams, so that stock halogen works better in heavy rains, fog etc. Bad part is that unit is the only yellow light and looks out of place whenever the lights are on and there is no way to turn it off (atleast that DRL). If I get a good LED replacement will change that too. It’s a slightly complex set up, so being careful here. Suggestions welcomed.

Got it done from EVO Bangalore. Been 2.5 years and no complaints. The visibility has definitely improved.

Sorry, don’t have better pictures.

Confused on how to further move on with my build: Skoda Octavia TDI DSG-cb12449429d74fc48bbcdc852d46841d.jpeg

Confused on how to further move on with my build: Skoda Octavia TDI DSG-f95e4cb8d1504723ab7556ef2a7fb8aa.jpeg

Last edited by sunikkat : 3rd November 2022 at 05:05.
sunikkat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2023, 11:41   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnupamRoy View Post
Finally I've found someone with a TDI MT, having scoured Team BHP for what feels like an eternity. I got a 2019 Octavia TDI MT under extended warranty until Dec 2025, so probably not looking at any tuning at least for another 3 years for warranty voiding reasons. But I was interested to read about the other mods you've done to yours. Would it be ok to post approx. costs for those mods here?

Specifically, I'm interested in your tyre upgrade from 16 to 17 inches. Now I'm no car expert, not remotely, but I've been told multiple times that the 16-17 increase leads to lower FE, more pressure on the engine/suspensions, bla bla bla. Would much appreciate your opinion/post-mod observations on this. Mine gives roughly 15-16kmpl in moderate traffic on Chennai roads, which I'm most certainly not complaining about, given a D-segment sedan, and esp coming from a miserly 7-8kmpl afforded by the Honda Civic petrol I sold off to get the Octy.

Also, if you have some time, could you elaborate a bit on how those mods (mostly the damper and the brakes) have made a difference to your driving experience? I don't need the Android head unit because I'm an Apple Carplay guy and am perfectly happy with the stock wired Carplay, but the last time the SA at the ASS said the brake pads were starting to show signs of wear, and might need replacing in the near-to-medium term.

The other thing I wanted to ask was, since mine doesn't have a reverse camera, might it possible to get one installed without too much work? I've gotten used to reversing with the help of the sensors, but it'd be nice to be able to see stuff as well; however, I don't want people fiddling too much with what's there, and would consider it only if it is a relatively easy process AND there's no extra screen or anything on the dashboard (meaning the stock infotainment screen itself should have the video feed). Does yours have a reverse camera?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts/observations/opinions. Much appreciated.

Finally, here's a picture of mine, resting at the workplace car park. Have had this for a while now, still can't help fawning over my own pics, every time I post one somewhere (mostly here).
Hey I would like to get in touch with you regarding getting a pre-owned octy and its pricing in TN. Would you mind contacting me at downshift888@gmail.com
Old 2nd March 2023, 02:06   #34
BHPian

Well, in my humble opinion- I would recommend to save up some money, get a set of coilovers that suits your roads-that would be the most bang for the buck to make sure all the power available to the wheels is working with maximum efficiency. Maybe add a intercooler to get the IAT down.The other budget friendly mod is a muffler delete.

Exhaust upgrades on a diesel, the vehicle makes tractor like sounds.
Stage2 is great, but then again aren't we talking a bigger turbo, intercooler with some miscellaneous bits? Here, if you are guaranteed of reliability- go ahead!

Last edited by Intelsingh : 2nd March 2023 at 02:08. Reason: Typos on a touch screen!
Old 5th May 2023, 12:12   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselhead01 View Post
The car now puts down around 190hp and 400nm
Hey, I read DQ250 is rated for 350NM torque, wouldnt tuning the engine higher damage the transmission?
Old 7th May 2023, 13:32   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer05 View Post
Hey, I read DQ250 is rated for 350NM torque, wouldnt tuning the engine higher damage the transmission?
Hey, and the answer to your question is, NOPE. This is not a DQ200 to be afraid of such torque limitations, this is a DQ250, known to handle upto 400nm without the need of any TCU upgrade, meaning on stock transmission software. However I have a Stage 2 TCU on my car and had shifted from TOT map to Wolf Moto Performance, where the difference is night and day. The previous TOT map was barely exciting but now the current setup gives me chills, thanks to Wolf Moto. The TCU makes a world of a difference but DQ250 can easily handle that amount of torque in stock conditions itself, so it’s not a worry. To add on, my car makes 503nm on the dyno, I have had no issues so far, by god’s grace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks