Team-BHP - Queries on fitting rear window wiper etc
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Queries on fitting rear window wiper etc (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/26191-queries-fitting-rear-window-wiper-etc.html)

1) Is it possible to get a rear window wiper fitted on to a Swift VXI-ABS?
How much will it cost if possible?

2) Is it possible to get a rear window demister fitted? Cost?

Also, are there any liquids available which if you spray onto the rear window & outside mirrors, would prevent water from accumulating on them for a hour or more or rain? If yes, what's the brand & cost? I drive B'bay-Pune in the rain & I am not able see stuff in the outside mirrors & rear
windows.

the answer to your queries is to get a ZXi rear glass. This will have the OEM defogger and drilled hole for the wiper....after that buy the wiper assembly and fit....

(and you know you always have insurance ;) )

..and the combination switch, the wiring harness, the washer jet, tube, tank and pump...and the insurance folks know the difference in prices

Quote:

Originally Posted by carboy (Post 495553)

Also, are there any liquids available which if you spray onto the rear window & outside mirrors, would prevent water from accumulating on them for a hour or more or rain? If yes, what's the brand & cost? I drive B'bay-Pune in the rain & I am not able see stuff in the outside mirrors & rear
windows.

1)Yes it is possible to fit rear window wiper on swift.
Change the rear hatch door to that of Swift Zxi, because only Zxi door has the provision to fit the wiper motor in it.
Do the whole wiring for the rear wiper motor and if you want the whole install to look like an OEM you will also have to change the Wiper controller lever of Vxi to that of a Zxi because Zxi wiper controller lever has the switch to operate the rear wiper or else a cheaper alternative would be install a separate switch some where else for the rear wiper.

2) Yes it is possible to fit rear window demister as well.
Again you will have to change the rear wind screen to that of a Swift Zxi.
Then do the wiring for the demister and you can fix the switch near the AC controls where there are 2 push type dummy switches. (For the location of the switch you can also see the owners manual on page 3-13, the demister switch is shown there but practically we don't have that switch in Vxi and it is left dummy)

There are many types of Rain Repellent Sprays available in the market and there is also one which is a MGA but i have never used any of them so i don't want to comment.

By the way even i have a Swift Vxi ABS and was planning to fit a rear wiper and demister long time back but it worked out to be very expensive, did not find any other alternatives so never got it done.

If anybody else have any other alternatives please share them........

Vijay

hehhehhe ajmat sir i know what u saying.....

anyhow these electricals can be managed outside the dealer premises....

carboy@ also try whether windshield experts can be of any use for drilling the hole in VXi glass

Hey,

I have used a cleaner spray called "NOWET" it was available in chennai (So must be available in Pune I presume) and it is a Sky blue colored solution, it is also used to clean the car (waterless) etc but I found it super good in draining the water of the glass. The last i used it was in 2004 - 2005 and it was apparently Imported (Aussie product if i am not mistaken).

Hope this helps pal and Safe driving !!

There are after-market defoggers available that you should get at your car accessory store. I had installed one in my old Santro. Don't remember the exact price, but was pretty reasonable.
Worked well, looked good (maybe not as good as an OE fitment) ... I was happy.

Razor how much did it cost you.

You can get wiper demister and all you need the ZXi door, damage done - 25k :eek:

Quote:

windows.

Hey, Just resort to the trick from the gud ol days of driving when machines didnt have fancy wipers and stuff !! I remember when I was young, our Willys jeep had no wipers at all so during monsoons when we were heading out for a drive dad would get a potato -- cut it in half and then rub it all over the wind shield -- and there you had an almost clear glass as the water wud just flow down smoothly . ;) !!

And if you wondering ... Yes, I still do it even today during monsoons . You will always find a few lying around in the car .

Cheers

Quote:

windows.

I had parked my swift VDI ( 1 month old) in a pay and park recently. When I returned the rear glass was shattered:Frustrati. There were mixed emotions. The defogger and wiper is grossly missing in the VDI ( for the price you pay). Took it over to the workshop. Maruti agreed to put a ZXI glass with a hole and with defogger filaments ( if thats what they are called). I paid 1300 as insurance co pay and got a new ZXI glass fitted. The company gave me a estimate of 11K :Shockked: including labor for the rear wiper assembly that includes the wipe blade, arm , motor , washer nossles, washer motor, lever and bunch of other things. Checked every shop in milan subway including praskash and no one has a single part. 11K is a steep price to pay for a wiper and washer. The defogger motor is 8k which is apart from this 11k. ( i am not going in for that). For 11K I can hire someone to sit on the roof and clean the rear window everytime it rains. On a serious note, I am thinking of going in for this assembly because it can be crazy in a swift in the rains. I dont have a choice now since i have a rear glass with a HOLE in it.

I asked the maruti guys whether they can give me a wiper assembly ( motor, blade and arm) and hook it on to one of the dummy buttoms. They are yet to get back. But without the washer the rear window might start looking like one from those opaque glass collections.

Can I look at any other solutions ? cheap ones i mean.

really, how useful are these rear wipers? I mean, if you can manage to get the defogger alone installed..

My getz has just the defogger, and works really well when rain or mist accumulates.. how much value-add is a wiper?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARtik (Post 503338)
really, how useful are these rear wipers? I mean, if you can manage to get the defogger alone installed..

My getz has just the defogger, and works really well when rain or mist accumulates.. how much value-add is a wiper?

For my personal use on a scale of 1 to 10 I would say 8. Somehow I never felt this dire need for a wiper in the accent but swift definitely. Someone in this thread has also mentioned how a hatch back tends to collect more dust on the rear glass than a sedan. Here in mumbai the problem is accentuated due to extreme humidity .

I think the wiper and the washer's paisa wasooli is only in the rains ( like right now in mumbai) when dust seems to settle and mix with water and harden to form something close to a concrete wall :)

but then again 11K !

Want to fit rear wiper to my Getz Prime 1.1, is it possible and if yes what all needs to be changed? plz enlighten.

It would entail cutting up the glass which I would not recommend. 'Coz until done very efficinetly you might end up with a leaking rear glass !!

Hi,

There is a lot more to fitting the rear wiper than just cutting the glass. Would not recommend it.

Viper