Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2023, 22:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Brakes upgrade for a Maruti Baleno

The Bendix part # is DB1304

https://www.bendix.co.nz/products/db1304

This is where I bought my pads from many moons ago.

Action Auto Agency (M) Sdn Bhd

Address
30, Jalan Segambut Pusat, Segambut, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Phone
+603-6258 5868

Email
actiongroup.malaysia@gmail.com

Good luck

Last edited by keroo1099 : 26th February 2023 at 22:21. Reason: Added info
keroo1099 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 23:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I would not pour in too much money on brakes on a car of this age. Agree the brakes are bad, especially at shedding highway speed. They don't like being slammed too often either as those tiny rotors heat up fast. They are okay for city use. I have not owned a Baleno. I did drive one a fair bit and the inability to stop was quite apparent. More so, when you a drive a Baleno and then jump into a car like the Fiat Linea T Jet. This is one heavy car and the brakes are first class. The inability to stop is further compromised due to lack of ABS. The car is ultra light. You lock up early and you're just sliding on the road. This is with the stock Suzuki brakes.
You said it right, the rotors are tiny and almost look useless just like on any other Maruti

And of course, a T-Jet is an absolute torpedo in disguise. I once saw one take off from the Krishnagiri toll booth and surely the thing just disappeared in a flash! The acceleration was outstanding! I can never compare that with my humble G16B naturally aspirated example.

Quote:
I'd just swap with new stock rotors, pads and check for brake pressure, air in the lines. If brake pressure is low, then braking effectiveness is compromised.
This is exactly the plan of action now but I really want to look for the best combination if that is a possibility.

Quote:
Sorting the gearbox is far more complicated. Again, I'd not head down this road unless you can do something like a swap to a Swift gearbox. This is easier said than done.
This is something I may not explore atleast for now

Quote:
Its an old car and its not going to be perfect in this day and age. This problem reminds of the weak brakes on my old Ford Ikon 1.6 Clxi. There was nothing I could do to improve them. I changed my driving style and adapted.
Ditto here. I had to change the way I drive. Much like I did on my Bullet that I still have with drum brakes in the front. You just have to calculate the stopping distance in you mind a lot.
Old 23rd November 2023, 18:09   #18

As i am reading your post.. i'm sitting here with SCP rear shoes on my desk haha, thinking if I should fix these for go for a Disc Setup Instead.
Brakes upgrade for a Maruti Baleno-img_20231123_160149.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks