Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2007, 00:26   #1
yuv
BHPian

Battery Upgrade for the Lancer

Hi All,

Need to change the battery on my Lancer... any ideas on possible upgrades for the same.

I think the original is a 35A... how about I go for a 40A or something higher?

Would it enhance the car in any way? Whats the max "A" that i can or should go with?

Brands I have in mind are Amaron, Delco & Bosch... budget around 3k.

Need to decide in a day or 2 max so prompt replies much appreciated, Thanks advance.

Yuv
Old 16th July 2007, 00:44   #2
Senior - BHPian

i recently went for a battery change in my car and amaron was suggest by many people

and you can upgrade the battery but the next after the 35a battery is the 55a battery and it will require some upgrade

the cost of the amaron would be around 2800 rs
Old 16th July 2007, 11:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Just changed the battery on my Lancer from AMARON to AMARON yesterday after using an AMARON since the last 3.5 troublefree years. The service life of this battery is great. Never heard of any issues unlike EXIDE. Upgrade is not required UNLESS you are running 4 amps / 2-3 subwoofers / a couple of components & a couple of extra driving lights

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 16th July 2007 at 11:20.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:28   #4
Team-BHP Support

yeah I have amaron pro for the last 2 years I think. No probs yet. It cost Rs.2800 and I got some 100-200 for the disposal of the old amaron which was 3 years old.
Old 16th July 2007, 11:41   #5
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
Just changed the battery on my Lancer from AMARON to AMARON yesterday after using an AMARON since the last 3.5 troublefree years. The service life of this battery is great. Never heard of any issues unlike EXIDE. Upgrade is not required UNLESS you are running 4 amps / 2-3 subwoofers / a couple of components & a couple of extra driving lights

Cheers
Thanks Ricky.

Running 2 LCD's, 1 DVD player, 1 Mp3 player, 2 amps, 1 woofer, 2X5way speakers, 2 front speakers, 1 invertor, 1 ipod and 2 Hella 3000's.

Original Lancer battery is 35A or 38A? The dealer has shown me everything from 32A to 40A.... so Im a bit confused here.

Thanks alot.

Yuv
Old 16th July 2007, 12:49   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuv View Post
Thanks Ricky.

Running 2 LCD's, 1 DVD player, 1 Mp3 player, 2 amps, 1 woofer, 2X5way speakers, 2 front speakers, 1 invertor, 1 ipod and 2 Hella 3000's.

If you're running so many stuff, I'd suggest you go in for Amaron Pro 60A. I'm using the same on my Corsa with a 12" sub, 2X5way speakers, 2 front components, 2 crossovers, tweeters, 5 channel amp, underbody neons etc. Works very well. Shouldn't cost you more tha 3200 bucks.
Old 16th July 2007, 14:42   #7
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adman77 View Post
If you're running so many stuff, I'd suggest you go in for Amaron Pro 60A. I'm using the same on my Corsa with a 12" sub, 2X5way speakers, 2 front components, 2 crossovers, tweeters, 5 channel amp, underbody neons etc. Works very well. Shouldn't cost you more tha 3200 bucks.
Thanks alot adman77 and vid6639.

adman77 - Do I need to do any mod to the car for amaron pro 60a? Will it harm the alternator by any chance?? 3200 is fine with me, would you be kind enough to point me to a reasonable dealer in Mumbai... Thanks.

vid6639 - Is your amron pro a 60A as well? Thanks.

Yuvi
Old 16th July 2007, 16:53   #8
BHPian

Quote:
adman77 - Do I need to do any mod to the car for amaron pro 60a? Will it harm the alternator by any chance?? 3200 is fine with me, would you be kind enough to point me to a reasonable dealer in Mumbai... Thanks.
Amaron pro 60A was a direct fit in my car, so I don't think you'll need any further mods. I don't think it should harm the alternator, I'm using mine since six months now and it's running fine. I got mine from Four Seasons automobiles in Tardeo, it's opposite crossroads. IMO, get your's from any Amaron dealer, it should come cheaper.
Old 17th July 2007, 00:31   #9
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
Amaron pro 60A was a direct fit in my car, so I don't think you'll need any further mods. I don't think it should harm the alternator, I'm using mine since six months now and it's running fine. I got mine from Four Seasons automobiles in Tardeo, it's opposite crossroads. IMO, get your's from any Amaron dealer, it should come cheaper.
Thanks again adman77.

The Amaron Pro 60A... means 60 amps right?

Just wondering, when 35A is the stock then how can 60A not lead to some kind of load or drain on the alternator? but if you got it working... then I guess it works.

Thanks alot man... one last thing though, it was 3200 minus the old battery or total 3200 after trading your old battery.

Thanks a ton,

Yuvi
Old 17th July 2007, 12:24   #10
BHPian

Quote:
one last thing though, it was 3200 minus the old battery or total 3200 after trading your old battery.

It was total 3200. I sold the old battery later for 500 bucks to a friend.
Old 17th July 2007, 21:53   #11
yuv
BHPian

Quote:
It was total 3200. I sold the old battery later for 500 bucks to a friend.
wow@3200

The best I have been able to manage so far is 3350/- for an Amaron Hi-Life battery 60A and that too after trading-in my old battery.

Although my local battery fella seems to be advising me against it... he says the battery is made for Indica and is much bigger in size so wont fit in the lancer... need to mod the lancer if I wanna fit it.

Now Im confused bigtime :( ... Pls help!!!

Thanks for your patience.

Yuvi
Old 17th July 2007, 22:43   #12
Senior - BHPian

my dealer told me that only the box where to fit the battery needed some modification it was alto so i can think lancer can take a 60a battery without any major mod
Old 21st July 2007, 23:19   #13
yuv
BHPian

Thanks Manik and thanks all.

Finally today Im changed the battery.... albeit with a slight change in plans.

I put the 30A battery in the lancer and upgraded my honda city to 60A instead.... since I got more power consuming stuff in the HC.

I had to do make some minor mods to the HC but then there is enough space so I didnt have much of a problem.

Oh ya, and I paid 3300/- bucks for the 60A amaron, with 36 months warranty.

Cheers!

Yuvi
Old 20th August 2010, 22:29   #14
BHPian

Hi Guys!

Thought I'll revive this thread cause I'm looking at upgrading the battery in my lancer.

Currently i have a ~year old 35A battery with two years of warranty left on it.

I wanted to upgrade the battery to a higher amperage and was wondering the better option would be to go in for another 35A battery and have them wired in parrallel with one in the boot. That would in effect give me a 70A supply.

One of the main reasons for looking at this option is so that failure rate is reduced by 50%. If I have 2 batteries, the chances of them both failing at the same time is negligible.

I currently run HIDs, 55W Fogs and of course the ICE. I hate the sudden dimming that happens if I turn on the AC with the fogs etc on. This of course goes away while running. But nevertheless I'd like to be equipped better.

What do you guys think? Should I go the dual battery route or get one 60/75A model?

Tassem.
Old 22nd August 2010, 03:53   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
Hi Guys!

Thought I'll revive this thread cause I'm looking at upgrading the battery in my lancer.

Currently i have a ~year old 35A battery with two years of warranty left on it.

I wanted to upgrade the battery to a higher amperage and was wondering the better option would be to go in for another 35A battery and have them wired in parrallel with one in the boot. That would in effect give me a 70A supply.

One of the main reasons for looking at this option is so that failure rate is reduced by 50%. If I have 2 batteries, the chances of them both failing at the same time is negligible.

I currently run HIDs, 55W Fogs and of course the ICE. I hate the sudden dimming that happens if I turn on the AC with the fogs etc on. This of course goes away while running. But nevertheless I'd like to be equipped better.

What do you guys think? Should I go the dual battery route or get one 60/75A model?

Tassem.
Dude, if you are seriously looking for the second battery option, then here's a link for you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...ancer-ice.html
would love to know if there's any additional info you can share, i'm keen on a dual battery setup for my lancer too.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks