Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2023, 13:00   #1

Instrument Cluster swap with newer model

Citroen just launched C3 Aircross yesterday and it's Instrument cluster comes with additional features, It's body and console looks similar to C3. I was wondering if it's possible to swap C3's console with C3 Aircross's. does this needs re-calibration of speedometer because of different tyre size? if anyone has expertise or opinions, Kindly comment.
@crossroads is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2023, 23:38   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Instrument Cluster swap with newer model

More than speedo error, I would be concerned about the immobiliser. Let's assume the connectors for both clusters are exactly identical. This is one issue solved.

However, most cars of today have the ECM, Ignition key barrel and the cluster communicating with one another for the immobiliser system to function. Absence, malfunction or swapping of any of these can lead to the car not starting. You will also need to program the current odo of your car into the new cluster.

The major issue here assuming you even source the cluster and the connectors turn out to be the same is getting a Citroen specific programming software and adapting the cluster. I am not sure if the service centre will oblige to such a request.
vishy76 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks