Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2008, 17:29   #376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
How wide really is a widebody? Pic taken from bumper level, cropped but not widened
Thats a mean killer. Love the angle and the way pic came out.
Old 9th October 2008, 19:41   #377
BHPian

I was talking about stock fuel pressure regulation. i was always led to believe that beyond a point the stock fuel pressure regulators will fail because they are without the reservoir like some of the aftermarket ones and high pressure ones.
also more generally isn't 12 psi supposed to be a basic max floor level for stock fuelling? this car particular i'm interested coz its a mitsu and their cars are designed to be pushed.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:15   #378
Senior - BHPian

True, beyond a certain boost point be it 12,13,14, etc psi point there will always be disparity. But the limitation of stock fuelling is gonna be different for every car depending upon the base pressure, fuel flow, injector times, turbo's cfm etc.

If we talk about the 3000GT in particular, they have been sucessfully taken upto 15psi with stock fuel pump, regulator and injectors (360cc x 6) with stock TD04 9B turbos (275cfm x 2) with no fuel related or power related issues. Any more boost and you will lose out on them. In comparison they come set at 9psi from factory.
Old 9th October 2008, 21:05   #379
Senior - BHPian

Oh Boy she looks sweet. More pics from different angles please
Old 10th October 2008, 07:27   #380
BHPian

Arush. As usual another Killer machine from your stable. But please please please, can i have a exhaust note of your baby as far as good comments are concerned. I would love to have a good quality exhaust note for my personal collection.
Old 10th October 2008, 10:46   #381
HPP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
pardon the ignorance but just clear this for me. i was under the impression that over 12 psi under specific conditions and heavy acceleration or braking or turns you might reach a point when, without proper fuel pressure regulation you might get alternate fuel pulses. that is at one point due to the gforce pressure will drop as the fuel is forced back and when it normalises you'll suddenly have more than required. what the boost has to do with it is that at that pressure you'd have one cylinder tailing off due to lack of fuel. its a lil specific but am i wrong?
While it may make sense in theory, in practice, this is not an issue for most applications.

Quote:
Sure, to be specific id like to know you mean that stock fuel pressure regulation is not adequate enough to avoid that? Or would an aftermarket higher capacity fuel pressure regulator will negate it?

Also, specifically 12psi with this particular car's setup or generally speaking?
Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
I was talking about stock fuel pressure regulation. i was always led to believe that beyond a point the stock fuel pressure regulators will fail because they are without the reservoir like some of the aftermarket ones and high pressure ones.
also more generally isn't 12 psi supposed to be a basic max floor level for stock fuelling? this car particular i'm interested coz its a mitsu and their cars are designed to be pushed.
It's a false rumor that helps aftermarket companies sell parts. The fuel pressure regulator(and fuel lines) are about the last thing we ever touch on a car. In general, if the pump is a Walbro or something similar.. the lines and FPR stay stock. Only in big builds is the need for replacing those an issue(over 600whp or if using a larger pump like some specific Bosch's or Aeromotives).

Quote:
True, beyond a certain boost point be it 12,13,14, etc psi point there will always be disparity. But the limitation of stock fuelling is gonna be different for every car depending upon the base pressure, fuel flow, injector times, turbo's cfm etc.

If we talk about the 3000GT in particular, they have been sucessfully taken upto 15psi with stock fuel pump, regulator and injectors (360cc x 6) with stock TD04 9B turbos (275cfm x 2) with no fuel related or power related issues. Any more boost and you will lose out on them. In comparison they come set at 9psi from factory.
I'd guess on your car your stock FPR is and will be just fine.. nothing for you to worry about. When you make good power, just make sure you have enough pump(Walbro will hold you until at least mid 500's to the wheel), and the right size injectors.. Then just tune it properly and you are set(assuming everything else in your setup is up to par).

I personally(along with friends and employees)have stock FPR's on our cars and I make 571whp and one of my employees makes 617whp.. Just a Walbro, injectors and a tune(for fuel mods). I'm currently swapping this fuel system out for use with E85.. Thus the need for replacing everything.
Old 10th October 2008, 13:33   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPP View Post
I'd guess on your car your stock FPR is and will be just fine.. nothing for you to worry about. When you make good power, just make sure you have enough pump(Walbro will hold you until at least mid 500's to the wheel), and the right size injectors.. Then just tune it properly and you are set(assuming everything else in your setup is up to par).
Very true, stock setup is more than enough on my car for upto 400 crank hp... with 450cc/550cc injectors, walbro and bigger turbos the car can hold upto 500 crank hp with ease on stock internals and boost under 18psi assuming everything else in healthy condition.

E85 is a good move HPP, A friend of mine in NC is closing in on 800awhp on his 3000GT with E85 which maxed out on 700awhp on pump gas.
Old 10th October 2008, 14:41   #383
Senior - BHPian

GTO on delhi roads... potholes here i come!
Attached Thumbnails
Project Autopsyche Mitsubishi 3000GT-gto-road.jpg  

Old 10th October 2008, 14:58   #384
Senior - BHPian

Arush i would suggest you pain the car full black,with some Bronze/dark gold rim colour it will look more hot
Old 10th October 2008, 16:05   #385
Senior - BHPian

Oh well, what harm can a little photoshoping do? *HUGE GRIN ON FACE*

I will give no prizes for guessing who did this.
Attached Thumbnails
Project Autopsyche Mitsubishi 3000GT-gto-damn.jpg  

Old 10th October 2008, 16:15   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This pic is absolutely awesome.Excellent work.

Last edited by badboyscad : 10th October 2008 at 16:16.
Old 10th October 2008, 16:47   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

May I take a wild guess ??? Is it a spectacled grey haired genius ?

I really wish there was a prize for guessing :-)

Must say the car looks menacing & mean in "a NYC back alley" LOL (never knew you had this "set" built in your workshop.)

Cheers

Last edited by Ricky_63 : 10th October 2008 at 16:54.
Old 27th December 2008, 01:51   #388
Senior - BHPian

@Arush
any update on the mods and paint job ?
Old 27th December 2008, 20:29   #389
BHPian

Arush Bro, i am still waiting for the exhaust note. Can you please take time out of your busy schedule and get one for me please

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks