Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2023, 12:35   #16
BHPian

Re: Have car accessory dealers & the aftermarket turned a corner?

Support the motion that accessories have evolved with time and caught up with todays car buyer need. Not everyone can afford the top variant and need some mandatory upgrade. The cost of such accessories are reasonable and worth every paisa. The fit and finish is top class, may be better than OEM accessories.
Recently bought i20 sportz iVT and visited accessories shop almost after 10 years. Here are the results. I must say that quality as well as fit and finish level has taken a leap now.

Ambient lighting
Have car accessory dealers & the aftermarket turned a corner?-f0a76bdef4f8484c833f3675ee366188.jpeg

LED headlight upgrade (2 years replacement warranty)

Have car accessory dealers & the aftermarket turned a corner?-img_1819.jpeg

Leather seat cover (2 years warranty)

Have car accessory dealers & the aftermarket turned a corner?-3af660d21806445e9345e1997f25ba00.jpeg

Leather wrapping of steering wheel with red stitching. It looks better than original

Have car accessory dealers & the aftermarket turned a corner?-b725f0a52ebe4372b2bbc83ccfd7832e.jpeg

GFX mats matched to every corner precisely

Have car accessory dealers & the aftermarket turned a corner?-60c127ed11e2406b83a80acc0f10b81d.jpeg

Will soon be sharing ownership thread.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th June 2023 at 12:38.
Wanderers is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 12:47   #17
BHPian

The aftermarket Accessory business IMHO, would further grow only:

1. People tend to spend a lot now on Aesthetics (or show off): Different kind of protection Guards, Rain visor, mats, floorings, headlights, all kind of covers so on and so forth.

2. With the boiling popularity of lifestyle vehicles, these customization had taken a altogether different league

3. Cost of higher variants sometimes also push people to buy lower variant and accessorized them at much lower cost

4. Variety of colors, shades, design of components to choose from to one's liking

5. Cost cutting on essential features by OEMs

Last edited by Sheel : 27th June 2023 at 19:10. Reason: rain wiser = rain visor
Old 27th June 2023, 13:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Support the motion that accessories have evolved with time and caught up with todays car buyer need. Not everyone can afford the top variant and need some mandatory upgrade. The cost of such accessories are reasonable and worth every paisa. The fit and finish is top class, may be better than OEM accessories.
Recently bought i20 sportz iVT and visited accessories shop almost after 10 years. Here are the results. I must say that quality as well as fit and finish level has taken a leap now.

Will soon be sharing ownership thread.
Hi Wanderers - Excellent work done in your i20. Whenever you share your ownership review, please share the cost of the accessories and if possible name, number & location of the accessories shop. I second you that these days many OEMs offering their accessories to outside vendors and almost all of them are plug & play types with very good fittings.
GoBabyGo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 14:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A777R View Post

I suspect a couple of big reasons for this trend are -

1. A vast and updated catalogue of genuine Maruti spare parts and accessories
2. The modern car is much more modular and easier to modify than the older ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
3. And I must compliment the after-market for responding with truly high-quality, tempting upgrades. If you are willing to spend, you can get top-quality body wraps, PPF, LED headlamps, leather interiors, 18 - 22" rims, ICE etc. in the market. These have replaced sunfilm, Autocop security systems, horn upgrades, blinking Pioneer stereos etc which were mandatory accessories from 1990 - 2010.
There are broadly 3 categories of after sales fitment for new cars A. Aesthetics related (wraps, chrome kit etc) B. Entertainment & utility related C. Performance related.

The third category is something I'm a bit skeptical about - including alloy wheels, tyre upgrade & like. There are few enthusiastic after market accessories vendors who also install stuff like cruise control module. I can't imagine if some failure happens, and the vehicle's safety is compromised. At that moment one would not be thinking about warranty getting void.

There has to be some understanding and a line to be drawn as to what is safe and perfectly ok and what is borderline unsafe and not to be done outside the factory.

Last edited by vigneshnr : 27th June 2023 at 14:57. Reason: missed quote
vigneshnr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 15:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

I am all for buying the lowest variant and getting it accessorised to your liking. For example, the Sound Quality, in even the top variants, is quite crappy, in most brands when you can get, say a 9" Pioneer 8550, with a MRP of around 70k, at less than 50k on the street, which music afficionado would like to stick to higher variants? It's just not rationale, especially in the case of Maruti/Nexa.

I suggested a friend to go for the Sigma variant of the Grand Vitara recently, ex-showroom in Delhi is 10.70L and it gives so much bang for the buck with even Auto AC, Keyless Start, Rear Defogger thrown in. In fact it is the highest selling variant in NCR. Just customise it to your needs. e.g. It's original sealed packed alloy wheels are available at 30k on the street (MRP 45k at Nexa for 4). Highest variant original Steering Wheels with steering controls, even leather wrapped one from Brezza top variant, which is exact fit btw, for as low as 3k. Top quality Android Stereo, something like a Moco Android Stereo (MRP 65K) at 29500 with 6gb ram/128gb, dual HD cameras with recording, 4G sim card slot. Add to it component Speakers from Infinity with 2 Speakers and 2 Tweeters with cross overs for less than 10k, why would you go with the poor sounding stock Stereos? You can upgrade it with finest quality Sony/Pioneer setups for as low as 35k going all the way upto 1.5~2L for a full blown total car upgrade and end up with a setup much superior to the highest variants and also save 3~4L in the process. It's a no brainer for me.

Recently sent price quote from a prominent accessories dealer for Grand Vitara Sigma -

Quote:
GRAND VITARA
FRONT BUMPER GARNISH -650
Head light garnish -1200
Head light led-3000-5500
Door visors -1300 after market

Interior
Music system with 1 pair components and 1 pair coax

Stereo options
Unplug 2/32 with car play and android auto
Blockbuster 2/32 with car play and android auto
Nippon 9 pro

Blockbuster-4/32 with DVR features
Unplug 4/63 with 360 CAMERA

MOCO 6/128

Blaupunkt key largo 2/32
Blaupunkt Santa Rosa 4/32
BLAUPUNKT SAN ANDREAS

SPEAKER OPTIONS

BASIC
ALPINE
JBL
INFINITY
MTX
FOCAL
HERTZ
GROUND ZERO

PREMIUM SPEAKERS

HERTZ
AUDISON
STEG
JL AUDIO
ROCKFORD

SEATCOVERS-9800 Autoform brand
( AIR BAG FRIENDLY)
Seat covers 7000 after market

Nexa origional interior kit

4 PC’s piano black ( included Gear pannel)
2 PC’s brown dashbord
Cost -5000

Door pannels in same leatherite and 2 PC’s THIGH PANNEL -4500
Gear knob -500
Boot light -200
Cabin white bulb -300
Rear usb -1800

Ambient lights -5500 set of 6 pc’s

7d matts in good quality-2700
Flooring 9d -2600
Scuff plates ( after market ) -1200
Cheers...

Last edited by dkaile : 27th June 2023 at 15:29.
dkaile is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 27th June 2023, 19:08   #21
BHPian

We also must acknowledge the role of social media in persuading new and existing car buyers, especially those on the fence, to throng the nearest car modification shop.

A snappy Instagram reel of a car sporting alloys and fat tyres, "laser" LED lights, and "nappa" leather seats with a catchy track in the background makes for a heady mix indeed. And speaking of background music, me thinks the Punjabi singers have signed a pact with these accessories shop owners as several of the recently released songs suit these modified cars to a T.

A few examples: "Oh Gaddiya Uchiya Rakhiya, Naaran Bohot Jatt De Piche Aa" is a song that talks about the singer getting his car lifted and is usually found in reels featuring SUVs.

Another one is -- "Oh Gaddi Nivi Jehi Kara Ke 22 Inchi De Pawa Ke Tyre Ghumde Ni Tere Shehar Ghumde" which roughly translates to the singer getting his ride lowered, putting 22-inch wheels and roaming about in his lover's neighbourhood. And this song fits all cars, especially those with aftermarket tyres and alloys
Old 27th June 2023, 19:17   #22
BHPian

To each his own but I feel there is physics here. Most of the snap-fit plastic components when assembled for the first time flex and get set in place. Removing and assembling them again means they never go back to the same state as before. Also when these are fitted back the quality of workmanship and tools used is important. Theoretically, it can never be 100% and I feel I can't take a chance with my priced possession.

I know this is not very valid today but as much as you can buy the top end if even if it is a bit costly.
naikameya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2023, 11:08   #23
Senior - BHPian

Just another example how these guys are 'properly' converting base models into 'greater than' top models, at least in terms of sound quality, with a budget of 1~2 lacs and saving you 3~4 lacs in the process. I have seen the fit and finish of some of the good installers first hand and it's impeccable -

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2024, 20:04   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
I suggested a friend to go for the Sigma variant of the Grand Vitara recently, ex-showroom in Delhi is 10.70L and it gives so much bang for the buck with even Auto AC, Keyless Start, Rear Defogger thrown in.
I'm in the market for something similar for GV Sigma. Looking to get wireless android auto HU, alloys, front and rear usb chargers, headlights, 360 degree camera etc.
Could you recommend a dealer I should go for? I saw a bunch of videos on YT for multiple Karol Bagh dealers but a lot of them have mixed Google reviews.

Alternatively, if you know some dealers in Chandigarh, who'd provide a good deal, it'll be really appreciated.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks