Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 21:50   #16
BHPian

Re: Viofo A229 Pro 4K Car Dash Cam Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Could not edit the message hence adding to it.

Some data i could pick up from the websites.

But customers are buying at ₹19000 which is more than its actual worth.
Same message was sent to me by Vijay, Viofo’s support guy. Not sure if he ciped your message or you copied their.

I am leaning towards A229 plus or A119 mini 2. I already have a DDPai mini which works just fine. I am thinking of using it as a rear cam and get A119 mini 2 fir front. I’ll get Starvis 2, HDR and GPS fir 14K. But Getting the A229 plus so that I can get Starvis on both front and rear is also a tempting option. I don’t need 4K. I will anyway be recording in 2K with HDR. If I get 229 then maybe I’ll have to use the DDpai as internal cam.
Old 5th January 2024, 10:07   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashg View Post
Same message was sent to me by Vijay, Viofo’s support guy. Not sure if he ciped your message or you copied their.

I am leaning towards A229 plus or A119 mini 2. I already have a DDPai mini which works just fine. I am thinking of using it as a rear cam and get A119 mini 2 fir front. I’ll get Starvis 2, HDR and GPS fir 14K. But Getting the A229 plus so that I can get Starvis on both front and rear is also a tempting option. I don’t need 4K. I will anyway be recording in 2K with HDR. If I get 229 then maybe I’ll have to use the DDpai as internal cam.
I had got this message from him but modified it a bit to sound neutral.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 14:59   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive.helios View Post
I chose not to hardwire the cameras, as suggested by the service manager at VW Service Domlur. I might invest in something like a Rhundo RV31 to use on the 12V socket and leave it on. (https://aatusa.in/product/rhundo-rv-...-auto-cut-off/)

Hi, could you shed some light on this? how exactly does the Rhundo RV31 work? Does it work in all cars or should a different kind of 12V socket be installed for the same? Please let us know. Thanks in advance!
Old 6th January 2024, 15:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebluez View Post
Hi, could you shed some light on this? how exactly does the Rhundo RV31 work? Does it work in all cars or should a different kind of 12V socket be installed for the same? Please let us know. Thanks in advance!
This one plugs into the 12V socket and has a switch to turn it off. It should work in all cars that have a 12V socket. It has in addition a few more functions that let's you delay the turn on of the dashcam , set up a cut off voltage after which it would power off, not allowing the battery to drain. You could also set a fixed minutes after which the dashcam would shut down after your engine is shut down. Helps counter the always on 12V socket. Taigun has the 12V socket connected to the battery directly, so it's always on.

I haven't had enough time to test this out, I am not in a position to make a recommendation yet. My immediate observation is that this one still won't allow you to set up a parking mode without Hardwiring.

I'll add more details after mid of Feb.

Product Link:
https://aatusa.in/product/rhundo-rv-...-auto-cut-off/

Vijay is dealer for this one as well.

Last edited by drive.helios : 6th January 2024 at 15:09. Reason: More detail
Old 7th January 2024, 14:56   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgo View Post
After reading about the dashcams extensively, I have purchased the VIOFO a119 mini 2 for my car. Thankfully, my cousin got it from the USA for far cheaper price.
Few queries -
1. Can you share the link from where you bought it?
2. How much did it cost?
3. Did you have to buy additional installation kit with it? Not sure if there's any difference between installation kit provided for US cars vs Indian cars.
4. Where did you get it installed from? Would you recommend them?

My friend is travelling to US I am thinking of getting this through her.

Last edited by lightfootdriver : 7th January 2024 at 15:01.
Old 7th January 2024, 15:01   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightfootdriver View Post
Few queries -
1. Can you shar the link from where you bought it?
2. How much did it cost?
3. Did you have to buy additional installation kit with it? Not sure if there's any difference between installation kit provided for US cars vs Indian cars.
4. Where did you get it installed from? Would you recommend them?

My friend is travelling to US I am thinking of getting this through her.
I have bought it from Amazon.com. There are multiple listings. I think you can prefer the best priced one preferably by the seller Viofo themselves. It costed me $135 incl. taxes. I bought the bundle which had the hardwiring kit, camera, the CPL. It was a lot cheaper on the prime day and unfortunately my cousin did not respond on time. There is no additional kit unless you want to hard wire it. I believe the kits are all the same that Viofo sells. I installed it myself and it was very easy. Took about 20 minutes in total. I obviously recommend doing it by yourself unless it is hard wiring.
flashgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2024, 17:52   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashgo View Post
I have bought it from Amazon.com.
I am planning to get one from Canada. Do you know if this has universal warranty?
Old 9th January 2024, 18:11   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshc18 View Post
I am planning to get one from Canada. Do you know if this has universal warranty?
I don't think they come with international warranty.
flashgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2024, 15:08   #24
Senior - BHPian

I just got the VIOFO Dash Cam A119 Mini 2 from Amazon.com USA with my cousin who was visiting. Just unboxed the camera - will be posting a detailed review soon.

In the meantime, wanted to understand on the Electrostatic sticker:
  • Is it better to use this Electrostatic Sticker or better to stick the Camera directly to the dashboard?
  • Also why is the sticker so big in size? Its way bigger than the camera mounting surface.
Old 28th March 2024, 17:19   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
  • Is it better to use this Electrostatic Sticker or better to stick the Camera directly to the dashboard?
  • Also why is the sticker so big in size? Its way bigger than the camera mounting surface.
During installation, the service person mentioned it is better to stick the dashcam camera directly on to the glass

It seems the electrostatic sticker does not hold the dashcam unit if exposed to outside sun for a longer duration

I did not want to risk the dashcam unit fall on dashboard, so went along with direct stick option

I guess the downside with this option is, the dashcam unit cannot be removed at will and reattached. Any reattachment would require reusing the special 3M sticker (spare or repurchase)

Last edited by IamGetz : 28th March 2024 at 17:22. Reason: Spellcheck

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks