Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 18:56   #1
BHPian

difference between hydraulic and electronic power steering

Hi,
I've a Zen LX (year 2000). I was thinking of installing power steering in it. I've a known garage in Kolkata where I get my car serviced regularly. When asked about the cost the guy quoted Rs. 7000 for a hydraulic power steering and Rs. 22,000 for an electronic one. what he mentioned is that in the hydraulic one the maintenance cost is higher and the EPS is the prefrerred one.
My question is, what are the basic difference between the hydraulic PS and EPS? and also what about the maintenance cost - is it really an inhibiting factor?

________
Arup
Old 11th August 2007, 19:46   #2
Team-BHP Support

It will be better if you use the search option at the top menu bar to do some research. There is no point in opening new threads when the same issue has been answered across the forum in different threads.

To start with you can look at the thread in technical section that clears the difference between the two.

If you want to know more on the EPS two additional threads to look at could be on why EPS is useless at high speeds (No power assistance from EPS at high speeds - Why ?) and a discussion on how good it is (How good is electronic power steering?) in the end.

I hope you will be more careful in future before you decide to open a new thread or for that matter before you post a query. Chances are that if you have a query someone has already asked it before on Team BHP and we have discussed it in details.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks