Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:32   #1
BHPian

cedia 115hp to 125hp??

the cedia launched here has been detuned to 115hp from 125hp, they say... is it possible to tune it back upto its 125hp stock condition, by getting rid of the things theyve done to the engine for FE???
i mean without air filters, turbochargers, wires, etc...

what exactly has been done to the engine to bring it down to 115hp..
the ECU has been remapped and what else??

thanks..
Old 3rd October 2007, 15:04   #2
BHPian

Hello Blu,
The cedia sold here is surly detuned,but to how much...see the dyno graph.(Send me an email,then i will mail it back to u)
This was a brand new car with about 200-300 kms on it.

KS
Old 3rd October 2007, 23:15   #3
BHPian

thanks KS but, would you know someone who would have a source for ECU programs??? i need a 2006 Lancer Ralliart 4G94 125hp program.. my cedia, is running on the default 4G94 115bhp program... for india... sucks!!
Old 4th October 2007, 00:39   #4
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

For that first you need to find out the differences between the Cedia's sold abroad & in India. Is the 10bhp difference only due to a ECU map? Or has the CR been lowered? Or is the intake/exhaust more restrictive? Once you have the answer to these you could easily achieve the desired results.

Karan, could you put up the dyno sheet for all of us to see?
Old 4th October 2007, 02:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
For that first you need to find out the differences between the Cedia's sold abroad & in India. Is the 10bhp difference only due to a ECU map? Or has the CR been lowered? Or is the intake/exhaust more restrictive? Once you have the answer to these you could easily achieve the desired results.

Karan, could you put up the dyno sheet for all of us to see?
the SOHC 4G94 abroad is the same as here bro... no other difference besides the remapped ECU... thats what ive found out, from many persons.. more info. and suggestions are welcome..

and also would like to know... how much would it cost to change this engine from a SOHC to a DOHC??

am sorry the diff. is actually 5HP not 10HP... and it is only due to the remapped ECU, nothing more... so there is a 5HP gain only... but there is a newer program/routine out by haltech, which gives another 6HP making a total of 11HP gain, killing FE at the same time..
where can i get a ECU remap, and possibly a program for the 4G94..??

P.S. - Mod./Admin. don't want to post again and again like this... but my posts don't show, till theyre approved, am still a newbie here... so when i gotta write something again... you know...

Note from the Support Staff: Please type out your post so that it's legible - no slang/sms. Avoid using too many dots in your messages.
Old 4th October 2007, 04:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

You'd be hard-pressed to find anything for the 4G94 anywhere. You CAN transplant a 4G92 head onto it, and that will give you DOHC as well as Mivec. For this you will need the ECU, intake, and wiring, in addition to the head. Then you'll have the Mivec breathing characteristics with the torque of the 2 litre.

Or you could just turbo the goddamn thing!
Old 4th October 2007, 10:59   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
You'd be hard-pressed to find anything for the 4G94 anywhere. You CAN transplant a 4G92 head onto it, and that will give you DOHC as well as Mivec. For this you will need the ECU, intake, and wiring, in addition to the head. Then you'll have the Mivec breathing characteristics with the torque of the 2 litre.

Or you could just turbo the goddamn thing!
hmm that is good. but i found out that conversion to a DOHC, would cost a hell of a lot of money, rather i could get a 2.4L transplant, it would be better.
and thats true vip3r, its really hard to get almost anything for a 4G94, i was thinking of getting the ECU remapped to get the max. out of the stock engine and would then late on consider turboing the heart.
Any idea how much a MiVEC transplant costs, 150k maybe? and who'd remap my ECU and what price figure am i looking at then?
thanks.
Old 4th October 2007, 11:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

What remap? You really want to spend all that money for 10 hp?

A Mivec transplant would work out to the head+ECU cost. Sideways or Psycho should be able to guide you on that.
Old 4th October 2007, 12:10   #9
BHPian

is it going to cost a lot? they don't need to switch the ECU, just a new subroutine needs to be installed, how much am i looking at bro?
it should be cheap on basis of principle, not painstaking at all. anyhow what figure am i looking at?
Old 4th October 2007, 19:02   #10
BHPian

blue2ki

I am also searching for modifications to the 4G94. Looks tough, at least, in India.

Here are some first options I am considering:

1. Cold Air intake - means a long tube to put an universal cone (K&N) filter way down below the exhaust manifold. By the way, the current air intake itself has a long pipe ahead of the air filter to take in only cold air. IMO, this itself is a restriction due to a narrow construction in the pipe (see under your hood)

2. MAF sensor signal alteration - I found out that the MAF used on the Cedia is part no. e5t08471. This is manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric company. From the terminals, I see it is all MAF, MAP and temperature sensors in one package. Yet to figure out the terminal details. Quick tweaking of these signals (passive first, costing <Rs.100) should give a performance boost right away. Again, I am guessing here.

3. FFE

Need help.

Anyone who has details about the Cedia MAF sensor please.
Old 4th October 2007, 20:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2ki View Post
is it going to cost a lot? they don't need to switch the ECU, just a new subroutine needs to be installed, how much am i looking at bro?
it should be cheap on basis of principle, not painstaking at all. anyhow what figure am i looking at?
I really doubt anyone in India has the expertise to reflash the ECU and add a Mivec controlling subroutine. In addition, you will need a different mapping for the Mivec range, I'm guessing.
Old 4th October 2007, 21:39   #12
BHPian

damn man that is real bad, my fears have been well confounded. hopes desecrated.
aren't there any guys in india or a corp. who deal in mitsu imports??
thought of ordering online, but the import and taxation duties will bleed me dry! ugh!
how do i source a MiVEC engine now. i see the amount of money involved with the import, taxes, installation, running into upper 6 figures, i would be better off buying a new car then, haha. anyhow what can i say, good luck to me.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:05   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSHA View Post
blue2ki

I am also searching for modifications to the 4G94. Looks tough, at least, in India.

Here are some first options I am considering:

1. Cold Air intake - means a long tube to put an universal cone (K&N) filter way down below the exhaust manifold. By the way, the current air intake itself has a long pipe ahead of the air filter to take in only cold air. IMO, this itself is a restriction due to a narrow construction in the pipe (see under your hood)

2. MAF sensor signal alteration - I found out that the MAF used on the Cedia is part no. e5t08471. This is manufactured by Mitsubishi Electric company. From the terminals, I see it is all MAF, MAP and temperature sensors in one package. Yet to figure out the terminal details. Quick tweaking of these signals (passive first, costing <Rs.100) should give a performance boost right away. Again, I am guessing here.

3. FFE

Need help.

Anyone who has details about the Cedia MAF sensor please.
points 1 and 3 will be feasible here in hindustan. i doubt no. 2 though. but
very good turbocharger kits are available for the 4G94 now, i mean theyre as good as forced induction packs! costing around 2.5-4lakhs depending on what kind of a turbo kit you want.. the top of the line turbo kit costs around 4 lakhs, it includes everything even an intercooler kit (silicone hoses, all the needed piping, an air cleaner) a plug and play preprogramed ECU to reduce the tuning time as well and you get the usual turboing stuff too. haha.
but then whats the point? 4 lakhs is huge, a 2.4 transplanted MiVEC heart with a couple of miles on it is a better option.
Old 4th October 2007, 22:43   #14
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
4 lakhs is huge, a 2.4 transplanted MiVEC heart with a couple of miles on it is a better option.
There is a 2ltr (I think) Mivec engine putting out around 200 bhp going for about 2L. I am told its a direct bolt on into the Cedia.
Old 4th October 2007, 23:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
points 1 and 3 will be feasible here in hindustan. i doubt no. 2 though. but
very good turbocharger kits are available for the 4G94 now, i mean theyre as good as forced induction packs! costing around 2.5-4lakhs depending on what kind of a turbo kit you want.. the top of the line turbo kit costs around 4 lakhs, it includes everything even an intercooler kit (silicone hoses, all the needed piping, an air cleaner) a plug and play preprogramed ECU to reduce the tuning time as well and you get the usual turboing stuff too. haha.
but then whats the point? 4 lakhs is huge, a 2.4 transplanted MiVEC heart with a couple of miles on it is a better option.
4 lakhs is a ridiculous cost. I've seen a Cedia with an Evo turbo, AMG intercooler, standalone ECU, silicon hosing, fully reworked custom suspension, etc done for under 3 lakhs. Mind you, all branded stuff.

You cannot import an engine yourself. The hassles are too great. A tuner will be able to help you out with it.

2.4 is the Ralliart engine. I don't know what sort of mileage that would give, if you're planning a daily drive. A stock 4G92 gives about 10 kmpl in town, with the AC on. A stock 4G94 gives about 12. So I guess the frankenswap would give about 10 too?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks