Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2007, 09:28   #1
Senior - BHPian

Is it worth remapping a new engine and voiding warranty ? - Stuck ...again

hello all..a few weeks ago i had posted a thread regarding remapping of the skoda laura.i was planning to buy a second hand laura.however all efforts to source a good second hand car failed (either because of availability or price) and now i am stuck with buying a new car.since the new car will come with warranty i guess my plans of getting the engine remapped has just vanished. :( kindly advise should i go and get the new engine remapped and kick the warranty out of the door.is it going to be worth it. and in case something goes wrong after i get the remap who will come to my rescue.not the skoda people i am sure.moreover is the laura an expensive car to maintain .
Old 5th October 2007, 12:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

Go ahead buy a new Laura, remap it from petes, nothing is gonna go wrong and if does, Peter is always there, his service is absolutely fantastic

Be rest assured there wont be warranty issues since Skoda wont come to know in regular servicing about the remap.
Old 5th October 2007, 12:35   #3
Senior - BHPian

@ Busa - You sure? Won't the remap show up when the A.S.S guys plug in the VAG Scan?
Old 5th October 2007, 13:12   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Go ahead buy a new Laura, remap it from petes, nothing is gonna go wrong and if does, Peter is always there, his service is absolutely fantastic
No ways will I recommend a remap to a brand new car. Monkey's RS has not exactly been trouble free and there have been some remap issues. Not something I want to do with a 20 lakh in-warranty car.
Old 5th October 2007, 13:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

oo ohh....i guess we have mixed opinions here......that really does not solve anything...i like the laura only if i can get the performance upgrade otherwise its a sad car to drive..any other diesel car i can look at..please skip the sonata... i do about 3000 kms a month....do you people suggest a petrol car then..may be an accord..what average does it give...my optons are really limited...and i do need a car fast within october..are there any known issues with the remapping....
Old 5th October 2007, 13:31   #6
BHPian

never jump the gun, bigron!!
listen to your senses and not to your ego of having a remapped Laura.

if 2nd hand,... then risk it
a first-hand one in warranty,... NEVER.
even if done by the person who designed the OEM map itself!!

let's keep "affordability" off the way for now, assuming you have enough moolah to think of remapping a new Laura, but a warranty does not cover only those things that your remap will be affecting. got the point?

there may be other things that may go out of the window, when you throw a warranty away.

individual tuners and automobile magicians (a few who are on this forum) are known for their support and service as it is their passion and not a daily bread n butter work.

but,... on the other hand whatever devils the A.S.S chaps are, the company warranty can sometimes save you a lot when fought for.

re-think before you re-map.

keep patience and look for a used Laura and play around.
all the best.
Old 5th October 2007, 13:51   #7
BHPian

Hey Bigron , I know of a dealer in Delhi who has two Laura's one is 06 and the other is a 07 model. I have the details let me know incase you are interested in buying a car from a dealer and I will pm you the details.

I bought mine from him and have not had any problems with the car. He keeps quality cars he will also be open to getting it check out by the dealer ship no issues there..
Old 5th October 2007, 13:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

@ Bigron - if you go for a new car, why don't you look at the Diesel Tuning Box by Pete? Its plug and play and you can easily take it out before going to the A.S.S.
Old 5th October 2007, 15:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

hey rchimni it would be great if you could send me the details of the dealer whose got the lauras with him.i would really appreciate that.also is the car expensive to maintain....or any other thing that you would like to bring to my notice regarding the laura.
Old 5th October 2007, 16:36   #10
BHPian

I have sent you the details via PM , I don't actually own a Laura, I do however have a vRS that I bought from the car dealer I am referring you to..All the best in you hunt am sure you should be able to find one soon.

Most Viewed