Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2007, 01:21   #1
Distinguished - BHPian

Modifications for the Fiesta

Hey guys,
we have a Fiesta 1.4TDCi and I am planning some modifications for the car when i am back in December, based on the budget and if dad allows.
Here's a pic of the car -

The following are the list of modifications i want to carry out (i'm not looking at performance right now untill i feel confident of my skills on the road as i will be getting my license when i come back. I am mainly looking at aesthetics and safety mods) -
1) Angel Eye headlamps in blue - Are these available for the Fiesta? And how much would they cost approx.?
2) ICE - That would be dealt with later once i come back to Mumbai
3) Better tyres and alloys for improved grip and braking. Planning on 185/60R14 Yokos.
4) Leather seats with ART leather doorpads. Any idea how much this would cost?

Any other suggestions? The car is stock as of now.
I am really interested in the Angel eyes. Are there any cons of installing the Angel eyes? Would it be better to buy them here and bring them when i come back?

Thanks guys!
Old 11th October 2007, 11:53   #2
BHPian

hi dude,your plans on what you going to do is excellent, all that you have mentioned would really pep up your car in a very non blingish way, which would look classier.so stick on with that,just the seats in leather at stanley would cost 15k.i would suggest you get it from abroad which would be cheaper and better quality.anyway do keep pics posted,will give you suggestion while work is in progress.cheers.
Old 11th October 2007, 19:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

well,
the car was apparently hit today so I am waiting for pics to see the extent of the damage. Hopefully it was something small.
Lets hope for the best.
Old 11th October 2007, 21:55   #4

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post

The following are the list of modifications i want to carry out (i'm not looking at performance right now untill i feel confident of my skills on the road as i will be getting my license when i come back. I am mainly looking at aesthetics and safety mods) -
i am impressed.good to see somebody not jumping on the bandwagon just for the heck of t.
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:05   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

@hellspawn - Thanks bro. Performance mods will come later. I don't want to skimp on safety though. The car doesn't have ABS as it is, something i deeply regret. Safety first, then experience and then we talk about a Petes.

Guys,
I am seriously looking for a prejector or angel eye kit for the headlamps.
Anyone have any pics of fiesta's done up and know how much it will cost and where i can get them in Mumbai?
thanks a lot guys.
Old 7th June 2008, 07:00   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,

I happened to chance upon the Kitup Cars thread in Modifications and Accessories and I liked their Fiesta concept a lot. Now, I am still keen on modifying the Fiesta and I plan on adding the following accessories to the car when I am back in July, assuming there is Vitamin M available. I am not too keen on Bling and want the car to have a sporty look, along with better levels of safety.

I have attached some more pics of our car and the Kitup Fiesta here and I have the following in mind. However I need some opinions on what would look good given the fact that our car is Silver. If someone could help me out with the photoshopped image, it would be appreciated.

Exterior
1 - As one can see from the Kitup Fiesta, the car has blackened Headlamps and tail lamps. How would these look on a silver car?
Also, if I am not happy with the job, can I undo the smoked effect or would I have to buy a new set of lamps? Also, anyone know of a projector set up available for the headlamps?

2 - I liked the spoiler a lot. Again, my doubts are, how would it look on the silver car? Also, would drilling be required or is there any other way to do it?

As you can see, I would love to have points 1 and 2, but I don't want to replace parts if the car doesn't look good and hence I am asking for an opinion.

Now other exterior mods -
3 - Alloys which I would decide when i go to the shop.

4 - Wider tyres - improve handling and braking. I am thinking about 195/60R14 Yokohama S Drives. Should look good and meaty.

5 - Underbody Neon Lighting - These would take some time. If I get them put, it would only be in December when I come back from the US. I was thinking of possibly buying these in the US.

Interior Mods
1 - Leather Seats as I want to be comfortable when I drive.
2 - Blue lighting under dashboard. But would this require any drilling?

ICE
1 - A good Pioneer HU, mostly the 3050 or higher as I want 3 preouts.
2 - JBL front 5.25'' speakers
3 - JBL 6*9 speakers at the back
4 - Sony/Pioneer 2 ch. Amp
5 - JBL Sub, either enclosed in a box or on the tray.
Any suggestions? I am looking for good quality, clear Bass as I love house/dance/rock/trance/metal.

Any advice on the above mods would be appreciated. If nothing else works out for the exterior mods, I would like alloys and leather and a good ICE system at the least, but again it all depends on Vitamin M.
Even though the car is 2.5 years old, we would be keeping it for another 3-4 years and thats why I am thinking.
Attached Thumbnails
Modifications for the Fiesta-fiestabodykit1of4.jpg  

Modifications for the Fiesta-fiestabodykit4of4.jpg  

Modifications for the Fiesta-dsc02236.jpg  

Modifications for the Fiesta-fiesta-7.jpg  

Modifications for the Fiesta-fiesta-6.jpg  

Modifications for the Fiesta-fiesta-4.jpg  

Last edited by lamborghini : 7th June 2008 at 07:02.
Old 2nd July 2008, 21:32   #7
BHPian

How much does this body kit and grills cost? Excellent job, I have a fiesta which I would love to post the pics of, once I have this done up! cheers:
Old 15th May 2009, 12:16   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,

after lots of debating, I have decided against any major modifications for another two years.
The main reason being that I will be using the car for only 6-7 months in those two years and it doesn't make sense right now.

Now, till then,
I am looking for some cheap to do cosmetic mods to the car, because I have grown bored of looking at it the same way everytime.

First thing I am planning on changing on the car is the number plates, to the ones with IND written on them. They look royal and classic.
One question though - can these be done at any number plate guy or do I have to go to someone special?

Actually, thats the only thing I have decided on as yet.
Please give me some ideas and opinions on what I can do the car.
I was thinking of interior lights highlighting the foot wells. Suggestions please.

Also, is there anything else you'll would suggest?

Please help me, there arent too many modded fiestas for me to get any ideas.
Old 15th May 2009, 13:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

First thing I am planning on changing on the car is the number plates, to the ones with IND written on them. They look royal and classic.
One question though - can these be done at any number plate guy or do I have to go to someone special?
Check this thread out for answers regarding those IND numberplates:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tes-india.html
Old 27th December 2010, 12:40   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Modifications for the Fiesta

Hey guys,

It has been a while since I started this thread. Last July we got a new ICE system installed in her, the details of which can be found in this link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...ml#post2013389

We also upgraded the headlamps, but apart from that nothing much has been done.

As of now, I am looking at more functional mods, and since the suspension may need to be checked out, I am thinking of getting the stiffer springs and shocks from the 1.6S installed. Would this be possible without causing any long term damage?

The car presently rides on 175/65/R14 tyres, and an upgrade to 185/65R14 is on the cards in May. No alloys at the moment, unless I get a good deal on them.

I have decided against all the fancy headlights and aesthetic modifications and all for now, as it simply doesn't make any sense until I come back.
Old 27th December 2010, 13:25   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,

Also, if I am not happy with the job, can I undo the smoked effect or would I have to buy a new set of lamps? Also, anyone know of a projector set up available for the headlamps?

For the tail lamp to be blackened/smoked it has to be wet sanded , so even if you somehow manage to the the paint off , you would be left with a dull looking tail lamp.
Old 27th December 2010, 14:49   #12
Senior - BHPian

Just saw this post

That is one sweet ride. I always hit myself for not going in for white for any of my cars. Very clean and very clear.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks