Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2007, 15:28   #1

Needed some nice advice on performance mods for baleno 1.6 BS III

eyy budzzz. just needed some nice ideas as to how i can upgrade the engine's performance. not interested in NOS. just pure engine mods n upgrades. i've a baleno 1.6 BS III. which as we all know is a 91 bhp beast. i've given it some punch by adding an automech header and an aftermarket all chrome muffler . plus i also have a K&N universal extreme air filter.
the car runs pretty smooth and doesn't really take much effort in accelerating as it used to on the stock header n filter. but what i want is an even faster acceleration. and if i can even push it's top end whack to some extent. the whole setup cost me about 35k. other than all dis i have 15 inch rims. hard chrome 5 spoked. Kumho ecsta 205/50/15 rubbers. inside i have an all sounstream audio. which includes 2 subs. 8 tweeters. 1 component system. 2 amps. a custom parcel tray with a flashers installed in the neon tube. and a pioneer 7750 head unit. all the wiring from RC leads to the mains are Kicker. so now what i've put in de pipeline is getting a turbo or a supercharger. whichever's better. next up. bigger discs fer better braking. then i'll be goin in fer camshafts and iridium spark plugs. and again. NOS is not on the list. i also have a few questions which i'd like to ask and would really appreciate a response.

1.. What's better- TURBOCHARGER or SUPERCHARGER. as i've read that a turbo lacks in top end whack and the supercharger takes initial 20-25% power from the cams.

2.. Does installing a turbo give a blow to the engine life???

3.. Does porting, polishing and shaving the cyl. heads improve the performance??? If yes, then do they also decrease the engine life???

Last but not the least. i'd love honest opinions about whatever i've asked. added info that you all can provide me with would be an added bonus. and if possible. put some price tags on the items too... as my budget right now jus extends to bout 50k-100k. Thanks a tonne people

Aficionado
Old 15th October 2007, 15:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK Automech doesn't make headers for Baleno BSIII.
Where did u get them from?
Old 15th October 2007, 23:29   #3

got this one frem delhi. sum guy who owns a store by the name uv bharat automobiles
Old 16th October 2007, 02:42   #4
Senior - BHPian

Welcome aboard aficionado.

I suggest you PM mclaren1885 for any help regarding performance upgrades for a baleno or just wait for his reply.
Oh and post some pics of your ride.

Quote:
inside i have an all sounstream audio. which includes 2 subs. 8 tweeters. 1 component system. 2 amps
Dayumm.!
Old 16th October 2007, 10:15   #5
Team-BHP Support

8 tweeters? man you should post the specs in the ice section.

for a lac i doubt you can get a good turbo job.

porting and polishing does improve engine performance but it all depends where you get it done.
Old 16th October 2007, 17:03   #6
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
AFAIK Automech doesn't make headers for Baleno BSIII.
Where did u get them from?
as i have mentioned earlier as well....Automech makes headers for baleno euro 3...i have them on my ride
Old 16th October 2007, 17:58   #7
Team-BHP Support

@Aficionado - you can go for a head job to start with. I dont think turbo can be installed with that budget. mclaren1885 will be able to guide you better.
Old 16th October 2007, 18:08   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
as i have mentioned earlier as well....Automech makes headers for baleno euro 3...i have them on my ride
U may be right but every time i call up Automech Mumbai (Mr Ajay) for Baleno BS III FFE they tell me that Automech doesn;t have FFE for BSIII bcos the oil sump design is different.
Old 16th October 2007, 18:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Turbo it.That should be your best option.You can get a reliable turbo job at 7psi for a a lakh and a quarter .. engine management extra.

You don't get bolt on cams for the baleno that easily in india.

I will say again,go forced induction.Thats your best bet.
Old 16th October 2007, 20:04   #10
Senior - BHPian

forced induction is really good, expensive and very satisfying job. (expensive is relative). i haven't heard of anyone doing supercharging here...just put budget for turbo to be around 2-2.5 laks..i mean proper job. you need to buy better brake pads, clutch, upgraded ignition, injector, couple of meters ....and stuff like that.
Old 16th October 2007, 20:50   #11
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Sorry for not being able to reply to your PM earlier. My net connection is not working for almost a week now. Give me a couple of days, I'll give you a detailed reply to your query.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks