Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 07:36   #16
BHPian

hi
sorry for going OT mods
but whats the opinion about the protective metalic frame like a chrome plated pipe put at the rear of a car (mostly tavera n innova)
i think they pose no threat to neone , but saves your car being damaged when someone hits u frm behind
can they be custom made for FIAT Adventure
Old 5th November 2007, 05:44   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Cars are fragile.

Live with it!

Old 5th November 2007, 09:30   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Razor, I'm sure you're right, but that isn't a reason to make things worse.

My guess is that hitting that pedestrian with a bull bar at 30 miles an hour might cut them in half. Without it they would probably live. At speeds much over that (according to what I've read) fatalities are more likely anyway.

Even Mercedes had to put their trade mark crest on a spring, so that it does not tear the guts out of anyone who happens to cross the bonnet at speed. Even RR --- their symbol is even more lethal!

The point with bull bars is not what's going to happen at speed --- it is that they can turn otherwise trivial accidents into fatal ones.

And for what? Just to tweak the appearance. Just to make the thing look a bit more macho.

Please, guys?

Lets put these bull-bar makers out of business
I lend my whole hearted support to that Sir!
On car forums, all too often, such things are lost sight of.
Thanks for bringing this line of thought here.
Old 5th November 2007, 10:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Bullbars make you drive rash also.

i have seen many call centre cabs Sumo,Taveras etc who have bullbars in front and rear and most of the times they are twisted as well.

when you have a bullbar,you think brushing against a cycle/rickshaw/bike etc wont hurt you at all.

but thats a bad tendency and often cultivates wrong and impatient driving habbits.

so i support only light bullbars like carryboy kind only in case you want to mount some extra lights.

drive safe
Old 5th November 2007, 10:46   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
so i support only light bullbars like carryboy kind only in case you want to mount some extra lights.
In which case we need not call them bull-bars at all. Mounting brackets should do nicely.
Old 8th February 2012, 16:55   #21
BHPian

Bull Guard for Scorpio Mhawk in NCR. Need advice

Hi Folks!

I have a Scorpio MHawk SLE, July 2011 model. I want to get a bull guard installed in the front. As far as I know, Mahindra only have 1 model which is not very pretty to look at

Can someone please tell me what brand bull guard I can get installed from the after market and where can I get it installed in Gurgaon/ Delhi

I do not want to have something installed that compromises the structural integrity, something that will not rust and something that will look good. I want it covering the entire front section/ bumper

I am still inclined to go with the company model, but it is really not very pretty. So if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, please help me

Thanks in advance!

Crusader
Old 9th February 2012, 12:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bull Guard for Scorpio Mhawk in NCR. Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Hi Folks!

I have a Scorpio MHawk SLE, July 2011 model. I want to get a bull guard installed in the front. As far as I know, Mahindra only have 1 model which is not very pretty to look at

Can someone please tell me what brand bull guard I can get installed from the after market and where can I get it installed in Gurgaon/ Delhi

I do not want to have something installed that compromises the structural integrity, something that will not rust and something that will look good. I want it covering the entire front section/ bumper

I am still inclined to go with the company model, but it is really not very pretty. So if anyone has any ideas, suggestions, please help me

Thanks in advance!

Crusader
Check my gallery for the nudge bar that I have gotten installed. If you are looking for a nudge bar which covers the entire front bumper, AFAIK there aint one for the Scorpio. Have seen them for the Endy's and Fortuners. These are made of some rubber compound and isnt prone to rusting, pretty heavy though.

You have various brands like Hiker, Hurrycane, carryboy etc. Please do stay away from the chrome stuff, looks yuckkkk.. Prices start off from 10k or so and goes up.

BTW if you dint know there is a cult following here on the forum against the theory of nudge bars , so be ready for the brickbats .
Old 9th February 2012, 13:07   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Check my gallery for the nudge bar that I have gotten installed. If you are looking for a nudge bar which covers the entire front bumper, AFAIK there aint one for the Scorpio. Have seen them for the Endy's and Fortuners. These are made of some rubber compound and isnt prone to rusting, pretty heavy though.

You have various brands like Hiker, Hurrycane, carryboy etc. Please do stay away from the chrome stuff, looks yuckkkk.. Prices start off from 10k or so and goes up.

BTW if you dint know there is a cult following here on the forum against the theory of nudge bars , so be ready for the brickbats .
Thanks for the brands suggestions. Matter of fact i was reading a thread where members have suggested that SUV owners stay away from bull bars . I already have a few scratches and gouges on the bumber and the bullbar is more for protection of the bumper and paint job

Will check out these brands...thanks again!!
Old 9th February 2012, 13:29   #24
BHPian

Quote:

I saw the photo in your profile...what brand is that nudge bar...looks neat...but i guess it would offer no protection around the corners...looks nice!
Old 9th February 2012, 13:38   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please do stay away from the chrome stuff, looks yuckkkk.. Prices start off from 10k or so and goes up.
Agree with rjstyles69. An all chrome bull/nudge bar looks horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed crusader View Post
Check these links for some decent models:

:: Kumar Sons Auto ::

:: Kumar Sons Auto ::

http://4x4.carryboy.com/cb-533.php

http://4x4.carryboy.com/cb-739.php

http://4x4.carryboy.com/cb-705.php

http://www.hikerindia.com/html/scorpio_n.php

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 9th February 2012 at 13:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks