Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2007, 19:10   #1
BHPian

City with Stripes!!

Hi Guys,
The reason for this thread is to tell you how ended up spicing up my car with stickers and decals...
The Temptation :
I had this temptation everytime I see a lancer or a palio (mostly i see only these cars with lot of decals and stickers). It was a couple of days back when i decided to spice up my car with stickers when I saw an yellow lancer with lots of decals and sticker passing by.
The Preview :
To get a preview of how it would look I started off with some designs using photoshop. Googled for some decals and pics of cars with decals and stripes.. I wanted a simple stripe design and the one in the Dodge Charger got my attention.. Here is the pic that im talking about

By navin2233

Then I picked some decals and started to work in PS to see how it looks in my car... This is what I got..

By navin2233, shot with Canon EOS 350D DIGITAL

Searching for shops :
I wanted to know where to go for doing the stickering..within minutes I got the answer from our forum. Wanted to tryout SRKMS in Gp road - chennai, so went there and asked for a quote, it was way to high than what I expected as another guy in the forum mentioned in one of his thread . Since I went there I just asked him to stick a HONDA on by bonnet (between the winshield washers) and eyelids for the light..Once this was done the rain started pouring and I told him that I'll come the next day to do the rest...I would say these guys were professional in what they do but very costly. The next day i went to the same shop but they said the guy who makes stickers is on leave. Headed straight to pudupet where i have seen some sticker shops. I went to one shop and showed him the picture in my mobile that I came up with and asked him if he can make the same way...He did not have most of the decals that wanted and didnt sound sure about what he could do... so went to the next shop..I think its Milap sticker shop.

The Making of the Decals :
There was a guy who was impressed with the pic that I showed him and he had most of the decals that i wanted and sounded promising that he can make the rest using corel draw. He didnt have momo,sparco and honda tuning..so we both sat and made the decals which looked almost liek the original one..For momo he first typed an E, selected some font and then rotated it 90 degs to get an M that looked like that was in the momo decal. I was very impressed.. I first wanted to put some 5-6 decals but then the guy wanted to make it 10...He did some color mixings and arrangements and showed me a preview which made me say...ok lets try this out. After about 2 Hrs my car was looking like a Sports car..I was quite satisfied with the way it looked. Then that guy too a pic of the car in his cell phone and i was telling him about our forum for a while and left with a satisfied heart....

I took some pics but its yet to be transferd to the pc..I'll try to post some pics soon...
Old 22nd November 2007, 19:41   #2
BHPian

Pics added!!

Here are some pics guys... How does it look..

By navin2233 at 2007-11-22

Last edited by navin_bhp : 22nd November 2007 at 19:44.
Old 22nd November 2007, 19:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

the stripes look good - but i am not that much sure about the stickers(momo, wrc...)
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:26   #4
BHPian

hey mate,
the stripes look good. But it would look a lot better without Momo et al and the 'Honda' at end of stripes.
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

yeah too. I like the stripes but the decals on the sides dont go well with the rest. Take them off and your car will look good. Looks very well maintained and clean to me by the way. Nice.
Old 22nd November 2007, 20:47   #6
Senior - BHPian

So, U have a type1 OHC with type2 headlamps. Wicked!
Side looks good. Remove those black crap on the headlamps. They spoil the looks.
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:35   #7
Senior - BHPian

superb stripes mate..and i agree with nitrous, remove those black stickering on the headlamps and instead you could go for eyelids on them.
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:36   #8
Senior - BHPian

your car is looking really nice with the stickers

btw how did he charged you
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:38   #9
Senior - BHPian

Upsize and smoke the wheels to a dark grey/black. It'll look evil. Do it!
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:39   #10
BHPian

looks nice but too much stickers on decals.
Old 23rd November 2007, 00:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
hey mate,
the stripes look good. But it would look a lot better without Momo et al and the 'Honda' at end of stripes.

Agree whole heartedly.

Just the plain stripes whould look good.

If there is too much jargon on the side, i take it for granted that there is nothing inside the vehicle.
Old 23rd November 2007, 03:24   #12
BHPian

Thanks for the Frank opinions guys.
@govigov: I too will think the same way if I see lot of Decals..but I do have half of whats mentioned like momo, Kenwood, OZ, and Yokos..The K&N and Greddy may soon be fitted..The Nos and others are for chumma...The Sparco because I have a look alike steering wheel..

I too did not like that many decals in the side but jus wanted to try it out.. Actually it looked good when it was all black but the red and black combination made it look a little overdone... But overall Im happy that I got that sports look.

@aniguchisan : Thanks for the suggestion but I need the cushion of atleast 60 profile and the car will be loaded with 5 people so i should stick to 13"ers..
I was actually thinking of painting the wheels white. any suggetions guys??

@badboyscad: I was actually looking for some ideas about the eyelids..It would be great if you could show me a pic with eye lids..

@ nitrous: Not only headlamps The fenders, bonnet, bumper and grill are all type II. I had to change all this to get the clear reflector lamps fitted.

@ Aditya : Im glad that you liked the car...ITs the first car that I bought with my own money..so obviously I'll take good care of her...Me and my bro will spend nice 2 hrs cleaning the car every sunday :-)
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:19   #13
BHPian

Navin BHP,
One can do the eyelids as a DIY:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...very-easy.html
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:38   #14
Senior - BHPian

Nice effort taken navin, the headlights do look odd. i don't really mind the decal clatter on your doors though it could have been limited. well kept car. enjoy.
Old 23rd November 2007, 09:23   #15
BHPian

@1self: Thanks for the link..As a matter of fact I myself used to cut reflector stickers when i was in school. Its now almost a discontinued hobby. The last time I did this was for my bike's number plate. I'll try to post a design of the pic if possible.. BTW the eylids looks more or less like the ones that I have now..the difference is that its in the same color of the car.

@esteem lover : Thanks for the comments. I thought the black on the lights will go well with the back colored grill.
OT :I wanted to say this long time back, I guess i saw you at mahavir once, you were discussing about fitting a spoiler on your car. Im guessing its you because the car had the same alloys.

And guys Im now thinking about some tribal vinyls on the hood..what do you say?? It can be a simple stripe or tribal design(like in NFS)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks