Team-BHP - Gypsy to tata Sierra
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Gypsy to tata Sierra (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/32313-gypsy-tata-sierra.html)

Hi Team,

I am new to this site. I own a Gypsy MG410W. I am planning to sell this and buy a TATA sierra. And I want to Change the Engine of Sierra to another one. If possible with the complete Gearbox assembly. Please advice how to go about this. Should the Gearbox also be changed? Can It be done by replacing the Engine? If so Which one suit the best ? Is Isuzu deisel engine good for sierra?

Keep the Gypsy dude! Youre making a mistake by selling off the Gypsy and going for the Sierra. If you do want to go for a Sierra then buy the later turbo version.

I wont be doing much of off roading any more. so need a car thats a comfortable and looks nice. Sierra is a good one. I can customize it any way I want, which is not possible in a new car ( Doesnt like to rip apart a new car after spending a lot of money). Sierra is sturdy and comfortable. Need a more reliable engine. So want to change the engine.

Is there any particular reason you want the sierra? its a pretty sad car compared to everything else on offer in the fake SUV market. even the sumo is better.

some people like the looks., but that lage greenhouse is a liability in our summers. please reconsider.

is it the petrol price thats driving you away from the gypsy?

What are you looking at getting by changing from gypsy.
By the way do you also want to change your username ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gypsy (Post 650084)
Hi Team,

I am new to this site. I own a Gypsy MG410W. I am planning to sell this and buy a TATA sierra. And I want to Change the Engine of Sierra to another one. If possible with the complete Gearbox assembly. Please advice how to go about this. Should the Gearbox also be changed? Can It be done by replacing the Engine? If so Which one suit the best ? Is Isuzu deisel engine good for sierra?

Why in the name of god do you want to sell a gypsy? keep it... if you dont want it, i will take it.

i love sierra's had two when i was in india the std and the turbo
loved the turbo hard to find but very sturdy vehicle!!

Gypsy good good good.

Sierra bad bad bad.

Simple.

Think it would be a mistake unless you have extra $

Gypsy: DONT!!! Sierra though comfortable to travel compared to Gypsy is not so comfortable to maintain, esp a second hand piece which will be difficult to find also.

I wont be doing much off roading anymore. Want a more comfortable vehicle with looks. I love how sierra looks and it can be cusomized. I dont want to rip apart any other expensive car. May be with a better engine like isuzu Sierra will be reliable and durable ( Correct me if I am wrong). Sierra offers more privacy and space ( Hey guys please dont misunderstand :) ) .

Its a no brainer man, ask any ex Sierra owner as to how much time he spend in the garage trying to get it to work.

Loved its look though.

Why not a Safari? The never ones. You will end up spending a lot of money for the new engine and fixing the already used one.

But then if you are going to modify it and replace the engine. Try and get a junked piece for a dirt cheap price. Even a non running one will do.

lookswise its not bad, if u can find a good reliable diesel engine for it, it is an OK option i suppose. Isuzu engines are pretty good and easy to find. its possible and might turn out well if done right.
whats the budget?
BTW, you should have never said replacing the gypsy in team bhp :-)
you should have said:-sierra with a new diesel engine.you would have found your answers..lol

hey team,

Any body has contacts in Bangalore who can do the work for me?

Oh for a moment i thought you knew what you are getting into. Its too much work man. Keep the Gypsy.