Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 01:13   #1
BHPian

Help regarding fitment of a power steering on a Mpfi 800

Hello Guys,

After searching a lot i have not found a single topic..Maybe i must have missed it but please if you all can help me..My boss is looking forward to fit a power steering on his Maruti 800 Mpfi. I suggested him for a EPS, so now i want to know is it possible & what is the cost & time frame involved in this..I am looking for conversion pricing if possible in mumbai & the costing should involve both

1: Maruti A.S.S (if possible)
2: Good Garage.

Thanks,
Niki
Old 13th December 2007, 01:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Niki, forget it. It sounds very nice but is going to be a huge headache. not as easy as it sounds. Will take a lot of alteration and bracket making in the precise way and will turn out very expensive. Only the EPS box will cost upwards of Rs. 30,000/- if not a lot more (its just a calculated guess) not including labour and other parts involved. Also will be a huge headache to accomplish. BTW why does your boss want a Pwr Steering on his 800. Its as good without it too. Not that it will make a huge difference in a car ike the 800.Why doesn't he go in gfor an Estillo or a Zen with a factory pwr steering install. If hes hell bent on it then he should look at the Pwr steering set up of the Alto which will be the closest. He might have to make changes in the Rack too.
My advice...let it be!! or get another car, see because the 800 does not come with a pwr steering so they have no provision for the same unlike a zen or an alto where both versions are available which makes it easier (not exactly) to convert to the same.
Old 13th December 2007, 01:27   #3
BHPian

Alright Bro, advice taken. Will inform him about the same..

MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD.

Thanks,
Niki
Old 13th December 2007, 02:10   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is what I got when I asked Maruti if they have a power steering kit for an Alto Lx. I suppose what he is trying to say is that retrofitting a PS kit can be unsafe.

Quote:
Dear Balwaria,

Thank you for visiting our website.

With reference to your email, we would like to inform you that for the fitment of Power steering in Lx Alto, wiring harness of your vehicle will be required to changed. We dont recommend retrofitment of power steering in Lx vehicle, since vehicles fitted with power steering from factory are tested at factory.

Please feel free to revert in case of any query or clarification.

Regards,
Maruti Customer Care
Anytime Maruti (Call- 9910202020 or Toll Free-1800 1800 180)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks