Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2007, 19:12   #1
Senior - BHPian

Safari Interior mods

Hi!

i'm looking for advise and help to modify the Safari's interiors. What I have in mind is the following:

- Replace the blower with concealed vents along the length of the vehicle.
- Indirect lighting.
- FRP / Moulded panels for the roof / sides to give it an elegant look and feel similar to aircraft interiors.

are there kits available for such mods ? any body shop that does this kind of work down south ?
Old 16th December 2007, 12:44   #2
NIP
Senior - BHPian

boss...please dont waste your time and money with this. by the time your thoughts are translated into reality, you might hate the way it looks, and you would have spent a fortune, and destroyed the originality. not to mention the resale value after this. my 2 paise.

i'm not talking about you here smsrini, but personally, i hate the 'brothel-on-wheels' look that some folks desire inside a car. you guys know what i'm talking about !
Old 17th December 2007, 21:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIP View Post
boss...please dont waste your time and money with this.
, i hate the 'brothel-on-wheels' look that some folks desire inside a car.
.. dont waste your time.and money.

Goddy
Old 17th December 2007, 23:38   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Actually, if a professional interior customizing place existed, those would be a nice list of aesthetics upgrades. But no such place comes to mind in BLR.

Last edited by theMAG : 17th December 2007 at 23:40.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:46   #5
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Actually, if a professional interior customizing place existed, those would be a nice list of aesthetics upgrades. But no such place comes to mind in BLR.
true mag...i cant think of anyone here in bangalore either. i'm not saying it cant be done, but at the end of the day, after spending so much time and money it should turn out good. otherwise you'll feel like kicking yourself for having attempted this...right !? best is to stick to good quality after market mods that are readily available.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:50   #6
BHPian

the only person who does an amazing job to interiors is dilip chabria[hey guys, i said just the interior job],but then its too expensive and in bombay.dont know who would give that good a finish elsewhere in india.
Old 4th April 2008, 15:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

I thought that this is the most apt thread to post my question. If this is not correct MODS please shift it to the appropriate section/ thread

I would like to know that if something like what has been circled in the pics can be put in the safari. I dont know that name of the instrument but I saw it in the Pajero. I have seen some cheap instruments in the market like that but I want something better and a little more up market.
also please do tell me what is this instrument called
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Interior mods-8b60_1.jpg  

Safari Interior mods-8c94_1.jpg  

Old 4th April 2008, 15:50   #8
Senior - BHPian

Harjeev,

Dunno what it is called, but has the altimeter, compass and inclinometer ( for want of the right name )...

You may want to check with Autopschye ( send a pm ) in Delhi if he can source this for you.

cheers!
Srini

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks