Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2007, 11:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Checklist to Note while installing Headers!

Hi Petrol Heads,
Finally am getting my headers done on my ride with the entire setup (headers,expansion box,intermediate pipes and muffler ...preferably with ceramic coating). Since its the first time i am getting it done on my ride (Alto VXi 1.1, 1067 CC 62Bhp, 4 cylinders), I wanted to know about any specifics i need to track while getting the headers installed.

"akshay1234"... a good soul on this forum already mentioned about tracking my coolant liquid by taking it into another bottle while getting it installed so buying again and using it is avoided.

Does anything else come into the picture ? Please drop in your valuable suggestions and comments as i am looking forward to get the setup done this holidays.
cheers:
Old 19th December 2007, 06:13   #2
BHPian

"akshay1234"... a good soul on this forum already mentioned about tracking my coolant liquid by taking it into another bottle while getting it installed so buying again and using it is avoided.

can you explain what you mean man, ---tracking my coolant liquid by taking it into another bottle while getting it installed so buying again and using it is avoided.

please&thanks man
Old 19th December 2007, 08:35   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post

can you explain what you mean man, ---tracking my coolant liquid by taking it into another bottle while getting it installed so buying again and using it is avoided.

please&thanks man
while taking out or putting in the headers on my getz the coolant had to be removed. so instead of wasting it they can store it in a bottle or something then put it back in when theyre done. i dont know if it has to be done on an alto though.
Old 19th December 2007, 10:51   #4
Senior - BHPian

vj just make sure you get the right sounding end can. Be very specific with the sound/exhaust note you want from the end can. Else you would never be satisfied with the sound.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
vj just make sure you get the right sounding end can. Be very specific with the sound/exhaust note you want from the end can. Else you would never be satisfied with the sound.
Yea styles I will ! I am planning to get viper exhausts when i am in mumbai next week and regarding this sound/exhaust note from the end can is it like a trial and error method of checking it or is there any specific lot i can narrow it down.

This is the first time am getting my headers done and though a car freak, am not much into the technicalities and so bear my queries if they sound dumb.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:38   #6
Senior - BHPian

My tip: There is a tightening sequence for the bolts. Tighten them in the correct sequence.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:49   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
My tip: There is a tightening sequence for the bolts. Tighten them in the correct sequence.
Sure Nitrous and am getting this done by apna in house "viper" so i suppose everything should be smooth and i will make a note of the tip..

And another query do i need to go for ceramic coating ? I read some where on this forum that it helps in durability and not overheating of sorts. Does this really be helpful apart from adding to the lloks as well.

cheers:
Old 19th December 2007, 11:55   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
And another query do i need to go for ceramic coating ? I read some where on this forum that it helps in durability and not overheating of sorts. Does this really be helpful apart from adding to the lloks as well.
You might wanna read thru this thread (Heads Up - Do NOT Use Header Wraps!) . And for the end can, just tell the installer what kinda exhaust sound you need. He will do the rest.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:59   #9
Senior - BHPian

@styles ....Thanks for the pointer dude and anyways wish you a happy married life

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks