Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2007, 09:58   #16
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The CRV is a neatly-balanced soft roader. Do NOT opt for heavy mods like a ECU remap etc, which may potentially have negative side effects.

I think a Greddy header kit and an intake system should be enough. Of course, you can always upgrade the rubber too.
Old 27th December 2007, 10:40   #17
BHPian

Congrats on the new CRV bro, now im from a completely different school of thought, since it's a SUV i would have rather gone for cosmetic mods than performance ones , so i would have lowered the CRV and opted for larger 18 or 19 inchers on low pro rubber. Sure it would have made the ride a tad bit uncomfy but i feel these two things would get your car turning heads. But now i see that you are from Guwahati so not so sure on the road condition there. Just my two cents
Old 27th December 2007, 10:58   #18
BHPian

hmmm don't such mods defeat the purpose of an SUV? especially one as capable as the new CRV...go cosmetic in this sense...I personally hate the front end of the vehicle...it looks like a manatee :P
Old 27th December 2007, 11:01   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
hmmm don't such mods defeat the purpose of an SUV? especially one as capable as the new CRV...go cosmetic in this sense...I personally hate the front end of the vehicle...it looks like a manatee :P
how would a free flow and an airfilter defeat the purpose of an suv?
Old 27th December 2007, 11:28   #20
Senior - BHPian

Would suggest you wait a while before modding the CRV. As some have mentioned, it has immense power on tap in stock form. Despite its bulk, it is one of the fastest stock cars on the road. Drive it for a while (2nd servicing/ 5000 km as someone suggested), and then if you feel you crave more power, do the mods. Be advised that mods like an FFE will in all likelihood void the warranty, and for a CBU like the CRV, I think the warranty is very important.
From personal experience, I'd suggest you upgrade the rubber... the stock tyres aren't up to the mark IMHO.
Keep us updated, and all the best.
Old 27th December 2007, 11:51   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
how would a free flow and an airfilter defeat the purpose of an suv?
SUVs are not for having a raspier exhaust note, or high on road performance! They're meant to go off road, not to race on it...
Old 27th December 2007, 13:13   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocG View Post
SUVs are not for having a raspier exhaust note, or high on road performance! They're meant to go off road, not to race on it...
Ya but the CR-V isnt really very comfortable off road.Its nowhere as capable off the road as say a grand vitara.Its more car like and has great performance.Its city born and city bred
As far as other questions go,I am not very keen on getting exterior mods.I like the stock look and it really looks great in white.I have gone for a few accessories like Door Visor,Exhaust Pipe Finisher,Fog Light Garnish, Front Lower Garnish,Interior Panels,Rear Lower Garnish, Front Lower Trim,Rear Lower Trim,Running Boards,Side Step Garnish,Tail Gate Spoiler,Wheel Lock Nuts.Pics below:

Old 27th December 2007, 13:17   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Would suggest you wait a while before modding the CRV. As some have mentioned, it has immense power on tap in stock form. Despite its bulk, it is one of the fastest stock cars on the road. Drive it for a while (2nd servicing/ 5000 km as someone suggested), and then if you feel you crave more power, do the mods. Be advised that mods like an FFE will in all likelihood void the warranty, and for a CBU like the CRV, I think the warranty is very important.
From personal experience, I'd suggest you upgrade the rubber... the stock tyres aren't up to the mark IMHO.
Keep us updated, and all the best.
I really agree with that.Its a damn good car and fast too.
Ya i am planning to go for michelin latitude tour stock size 225/65 R17.
I will definitely keep you updated and you can expect 100s of pics once i get the delivery .Damn waiting period

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks