Team-BHP - Performance modifications for my Palio Stile 1.1
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Performance modifications for my Palio Stile 1.1 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/33630-performance-modifications-my-palio-stile-1-1-a.html)

First of all, a big thanks to all folks at Team-BHP. I have learned a lot reading these forums.

I have a Fiat Palio Stile 1.1 SLX that has clocked around 3500 Kms so far. I really liking it except for the fact that it feels a bit sluggish especially with AC on.

1) What are the mods I can install to increase the performance of my car?
2) Would doing so void company warranty?
3) Would it affect fuel efficiency? (I am currently getting around 11 KMPL in city with AC on around 60% of the time).
4) How much would it cost?
5) Any good place in Bangalore to get it done?

It would be best to leave your engine stock.Indian Fiats aren't mod-happy.

1)You can opt for Intake & exhaust mods at the most, which would enable better breathing & improve low-end driveability.

2) Yes.

3) Yes. But not adversely, if you're a light footed driver.

4) Intake- 3-5K, depending upon setup. Exhaust- upto 10k, depending upon header choice & material.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayr (Post 671879)
First of all, a big thanks to all folks at Team-BHP. I have learned a lot reading these forums.

You should have bought a 1.6 in the first place

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmat (Post 671942)
You should have bought a 1.6 in the first place

EXACTLY. You stole the words out of my mouth.

Elito

There has been news that Fiat is going to launch a 16 valve version of the 1.1 engine, which wont have any pick up issues. Get a stock replacement Green/KnN Filter to start off with.

any mods will void warranty, be careful.

Thanks for the information, guess I will live with my current setup. Am really not looking to void warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayr (Post 672293)
Thanks for the information, guess I will live with my current setup. Am really not looking to void warranty.

Good decision:thumbs up

Better to wait for your Warranty period & then go for a K&N Stock Airfilter to start with....!

Find a smashed up Palio 1.6! Get the engine out of it. Throw your current 1.1 engine away. Replace it with the newly acquired one. Then go la la la la!
Nay! I'm serious.

Ok The first thing that you can do without voiding your warranty is to get a Replacement air filter from K&N\Green this should help in improving the in gear acceleration especially with ac.

Us it for a while if you like it then further mods can be planned once your warranty is over :)

@Technocrat- Does the K&N/Green air filter void warranty? I understand from you post that it does not, just wanted to confirm.

Rajan

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatchyBoy (Post 672879)
@Technocrat- Does the K&N/Green air filter void warranty? I understand from you post that it does not, just wanted to confirm.

Rajan

Stock Replacement KnN/Green wont void your warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajayr (Post 671879)
3) Would it affect fuel efficiency? (I am currently getting around 11 KMPL in city with AC on around 60% of the time).

Isn't it low considering most 1.6 users here claim to get 10+ with 100% ac?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 673046)
Isn't it low considering most 1.6 users here claim to get 10+ with 100% ac?

You are right. I get 9.5 to 10 in Bangalore's traffic with 100% AC:)