Team-BHP - landing diesel engine in m800 and other mods
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   landing diesel engine in m800 and other mods (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/33998-landing-diesel-engine-m800-other-mods.html)

frnds can anybody help me out that can i put diesel engine in my maruti 800. what would be the cost and which engine is best suited. I also make some external mods to my car .pz give ur valuable suggestions . if u want to see present status of my car than i can post pictures also later. so please help me and give your suggestions

have heard that old dihatsu engines fit it, they were second hands imported from singapore etc. The pain and the cost is really not justified, guess estimate 80k to 1 lakh.

but why do you want to plonk diesel, isnt cng lpg a better idea?

yeah a dahitsu 3 cylinder engine does duty in many 800s here.Have personally seen them and sat in one of them for a short drive.
The vibrations faced inside the passenger compartment are high and irritating.

i had one of those, its a 1000cc daihatsu diesel turbo. not sure of the output. yes it was noisy. someone did the conversion and sold it to us. that baby was fast, and gave us 32kmpl of diesel:D. but the electricals were a problem. dont know why. the battery kept dying. if the conversion is good, and you have the backup of the mechanic who does the conversion, it shouldnt be a problem.

Dont!
Stick to lpg/cng. :)

Why do all those things on the poor 800,

You cant get cheaper maintainence than the 800.

Pls let the olde 800 be.

Only time and money is wasted.

as according to valuable suggestions diesel engine is maruti 800 is not preferable . can i increase power of my present engine what mods can be made and what would be cost

Hi Harry,

i've done these few jobs on my 1997 M-800.
1) Over size Pistons with gold plated polish
2) Forged Rocker arms
3) Heads polished and ported(Mirror Polishing Done)
4) FFE added from Raj-Bangalore
5) Used iridium Platinum Spark plugs
6) Stock K&N Filter
7) Alloy wheels with Tubeless Bridgestones with Nitrogen.
8) KBX power brake unit.
9) Complete car tinkering and painting with authorised service centre
10) Complete new upholstery with art leather and fabric combination.

Its a daily car and returning a mileage of 17 kmpl with Shell petrol.

Not Advisable....messes up the car..
Knew someone with similar mod (3 cyl daihatsu 1000cc diesel), car had
all sorts of electrical trouble, braking was an issue,battery was acting as a AA pencil cell...3-4 charges in a year...
altogether a bad exp for him....waste of 30 grands back in 1998

Engines are avaliable from 10,000 to 25,000 . They are daihatsu engines and some mods are required as well . Mods cost anywhere around 5000-7000 rs .

Fuel efficiency is around 30km/l and battery alternator need to be changed as well .

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatmana2000 (Post 687251)
Engines are avaliable from 10,000 to 25,000 . They are daihatsu engines and some mods are required as well . Mods cost anywhere around 5000-7000 rs .

Fuel efficiency is around 30km/l and battery alternator need to be changed as well .

aaaah.. so thats why my battery died on me. wish my mechanic knew about the alternator change, could have kept the car longer.

I dont think modifying the M800 for diesel would be a good idea...there would be a lot of vibrations, and the chasis is not designed for such vibrations and the heavier load of the diesel engine. The better option would be to convert to AutoGas. please:

Wouldnt some sound damping be required to improve NVH as well?

Overall, would there be any cost savings?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 681095)
1) Over size Pistons with gold plated polish

3) Heads polished and ported(Mirror Polishing Done)

These two sound exciting can you elaborate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ananthkamath (Post 687728)
These two sound exciting can you elaborate.

Here you go

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tml#post678320