Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 13:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Gear Lock and Headlights for Getz

Hi guys,

I want to know:

1. Which is the best gear lock for Getz? Xenos website doesnt have Getz in its list of either U type or Pin type. Please mention brand and cost.

2. I find the stock headlamps very weak, even on high beam (I hate driving on high beam normally but have no choice due to poor light of stock HL). Can you suggest upgrade (Xenon lamps? HID? I dont know anything about these!!). What will be the cost?

Also, would I need to replace all bulbs, or just the headlight bulbs?

Thanks
Nish
Old 16th January 2008, 13:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

i agree with nishant,Getz stock headlamps are real dull,even i feel the same and drive on Hi-beam,though the new ones have crystal clear Headlamps,what can anyone suggest to make it much more brighter.. please if anyone using better headlamps on Getz throw some light on our dull lights problems.. cheers
Old 16th January 2008, 14:26   #3
Team-BHP Support

im using 90/100w narvas. they are white and are pretty bright though not as bright as the HIDs in my innova. bulbs cost some 500 bucks or so. had changed the parking lights to white also but the hyundai dealer thought they were spoilt and changed them back to original ones.
Old 16th January 2008, 15:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
the hyundai dealer thought they were spoilt and changed them back to original ones.
WHich Hyundai dealer was so creative?

On another note, I noticed that you are from Mumbai. Where did you get these bulbs fitted? Also, can you recommend some nice shop(s) in suburbs for Xenos security system fitment, Gear Lock fitment and lights change? I want a clean job without cutting of wires for Xenos, so please advise accordingly.
Old 16th January 2008, 23:22   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
but the hyundai dealer thought they were spoilt and changed them back to original ones.
you might have got heated up on seeing that
Old 17th January 2008, 12:17   #6
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
WHich Hyundai dealer was so creative?

On another note, I noticed that you are from Mumbai. Where did you get these bulbs fitted? Also, can you recommend some nice shop(s) in suburbs for Xenos security system fitment, Gear Lock fitment and lights change? I want a clean job without cutting of wires for Xenos, so please advise accordingly.
in really dont know about the suburbs. this was jayabharat hyundai. actually they werent working and nor were the fogs. the changed all of them. i thought it mightve been a fuse. but now ill never know. that service adviser left them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
you might have got heated up on seeing that
tell me about it. good thing is they were only rs150.
Old 17th January 2008, 12:32   #7
BHPian

Go for 90/100 upgrade, it is definitely worth it.. note the following..

- fix a quality branded RELAY... it is a must

- Use Ceramic Holders or else ur stock holders would melt with the excess of heat produced by those bulbs

- use quality wires and an experienced car electrician..

Other details can be found in the following thread... and U'll love driving at night.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html

HID kits are very expencive, needs technical knowledge to find the original one.... not advisable for normal use, unless you intend to do too much of highway and high speed driving then HID's come handy.... Good luck
Old 28th January 2008, 14:03   #8
Senior - BHPian

GEAR LOCK
I enquired for a pin type gear lock for Getz and was quoted INR 1800 for Autocop and INR 1850 for Xenos.
Installation for both would be done at home/customer premises, by company engineers.

Which one would you guys recommend?

HEADLIGHTS
Also, I checked out the headlamp bulbs. Is it advisable to retain 60/55W power and go for Philips H4 white light? Or should I go for 100/90W power and get Narva/Philps with additional relay?
Any suggestions?
Old 7th March 2008, 13:43   #9
Senior - BHPian

Xenos - finalized

I am planning to go for Xenos Pin Type gear lock for Getz. I have been quoted INR 1850 (INR 1600+INR 250 for installation).

Any user reviews or feedback for this? The dealer told me that Xenos, Autocop and Silicon are more or less the same, the only difference being branding and warranty. since Xenos offers 5 year warranty, I decided to go for it.

If there are any first hand reviews or problems encountered with Xenos, I would appreciate if one could please let me know.
Old 7th March 2008, 14:15   #10
BHPian

@Nishat
IS this problem there for the GETZ PRIME also??
Old 7th March 2008, 14:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

^ what problem are you referring to?
Old 7th March 2008, 15:04   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
I am planning to go for Xenos Pin Type gear lock for Getz. I have been quoted INR 1850 (INR 1600+INR 250 for installation).

Any user reviews or feedback for this? The dealer told me that Xenos, Autocop and Silicon are more or less the same, the only difference being branding and warranty. since Xenos offers 5 year warranty, I decided to go for it.

If there are any first hand reviews or problems encountered with Xenos, I would appreciate if one could please let me know.
I've used Minda gearlock on my Wagonr which i U-type. I bought it directly from the company(UP) and installed by company servicemen at Bangalore.See the below thread for full details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/689908-post49.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/706440-post58.html

Ramki
Old 7th March 2008, 15:14   #13
BHPian

@Nishat
Old 7th March 2008, 15:15   #14
BHPian

Stock headlight problem
Old 7th March 2008, 15:16   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binoyb22 View Post
@Nishat
I am not sure. But I guess it would be as the headlight bulbs have not been changed in Prime series. Anyways, you would be a better judge since you are driving the car. I found the stock headlights way too dim for my usage and infact I found the Philips Vision+ also a bit dim, although other users are happy with it.

Last edited by nishantgandhi : 7th March 2008 at 15:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks