Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 18:38   #1

Paint Job on a Swift and some suggestions

Hello All,

I plan to do some custom paint (vinyl) job on my Swift. I have uploaded some photos @ Picasa Web Albums - Yogesh - Swift-Mods

Please NOTE I have done these using MS paint so please excuse my shabby work . Also, most (if not all) of my inspiration has come from the works I have seen here on team-bhp. So please accept my acknowledgements.

Could it be possible for you to review and provide your feedback/suggestions on which would look good.

I would also appreciate if someone could please help me in the following:-

1. Good places (in Bangalore) where I can get these done ?
2. I am also thinking of doing some performance related mods.

But I'm not sure...Is there a place/someone from Bangalore, who can help and provide directions to me.

Overall, I have searched through the forum for contacts in Bangalore where I can get these done and I am facing difficulties narrowing down my searches.

It maybe worthwhile if we have a complete list (ex: In an excel sheet) of all the places/dealer locations where one can do mod's. We could do these on a per-city basis and maintain it. We could also rank these based on quality/cost etc.

That way it would become much easier for a newbie (like me) to search/research. Again please excuse me if this has already been done, and if so, could someone please point me to it.

regards,
Yogesh
Old 18th January 2008, 17:03   #2
BHPian

Hey Yogesh welcome to team-bhp hope you enjoy your stay. Coming to your car you mentioned about the paint (vinyl) job on your swift, now there is a difference between painting & getting vinyls. Decide on either of the two & let us know.
Old 18th January 2008, 21:13   #3

Thanks Tarul for your response.

If you could look at the snaps, to get an idea of what I am thinking...in what would you recommend ?

Looking at the amount of changes, I am more inclined to a paint-job...but If vinyl's can be done..I wouldn't rule them out.

thanks,
Yogesh
Old 19th January 2008, 09:52   #4
BANNED

dont go for a paint job.there is a large variety of vinyls available in markit see them and select which suites you the best .
Old 19th January 2008, 10:21   #5
BHPian

I would suggest you go in for vinyls as they are cheaper compared to a paint job.Although a paint job would stand out better.
now regarding the performance mods,what are you looking out for?
Old 19th January 2008, 12:01   #6
Senior - BHPian

Like many of the others, I would recommend vinyls too. Paint job would be too costly.
Old 19th January 2008, 13:02   #7

Thanks Tarul, Harry and hrman for your replies. btw: you guys got a chance to review the snaps ? Which one's do you think would look good ?

Looks like Vinyl's the better option.

Tarul: If you know, can you please recommend a good place for vinyl's in Bangalore. Also do you know of paint-shops that I can go and find out.
Sorry to bother but I am quite new in BLR

As for the performance mods, oh, I haven't really thought of the exact things I want to do (frankly I'm not educated enough (yet)) so I have a lot of questions....Also looking at the cost...I'm thinking of doing it in-stages...a nice side-effect being I can enjoy each mod

NOTE: I own a stock Swift Zxi petrol.

Stage 1:
1. Better and Improved Air Filter (K&N ?)
2. Decent looking rear-spoiler

Plan to get this done alongwith the Vinyl job

Stage 2: (Engine mod's): Probably will break this into smaller stages

1. Improved BHP... (I would like to take it to go from the existing 87 bhp to about 100 bhp...is it possible?...if so, what would it take ? also how much would it cost..?)
2. Wheel/Tyre Upsize (Presently @ 185/70 R14 (tubeless)). Not sure if these would be enough with the increased bhp...what would be a recommended upsize...?
3. Improved suspension kit
4. Rear sensors
5. Improved head-lights (Xenon bulbs)
6. Free Flow exhaust system (?)

Please also pass on information asto where I can get these done in Bangalore and the approx costs associated.

regards,
Yogesh
Old 19th January 2008, 13:44   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Improved BHP... (I would like to take it to go from the existing 87 bhp to about 100 bhp...is it possible?...if so, what would it take ? also how much would it cost..?)
Yes its possible, but you need to do the following to get above 100bhp.
1. Performance airfilter with CAI
2. FFE with 4-2-1 headers
3. Porting and Polishing

I would suggest you to upgrade the stock 185/70/14 to 195/65/14 and if you want to upsize then 195/60/15 or 205/55/15

Improved suspension kit - You can for Blistein performance shocks, you can PM Peter aka Turboindia for more info.

Rear sensors - Make sure you go for branded ones with warranty, Xenos would cost you around 3000 for a 4 sensor kit. You can get this at any accesory shop.

Improved head-lights (Xenon bulbs) - They will cost from 5000-20000, depending on the brands. Head over here

Out of the pics you posted in Picasa, i would suggest none, rather just get the roof painted white and leave the stripes alone, will look the best IMO. Let us know what you finally decide and if any query you can surely post here.
Old 20th January 2008, 22:57   #9

Thanks BUSA for your inputs.

Quote:
1. Performance airfilter with CAI
2. FFE with 4-2-1 headers
3. Porting and Polishing
How much would these enhancements approx. cost ?

On the other points, I will surely keep them in mind & thanks for the feedback on the pics

All,
Can someone recommend a good place to get these done in Bangalore ? Looking at some other threads the places that have got max good reviews seem to be

1. Methods
2. Ozz One

Any contact/pointers ?

regards,
Yogesh
Old 20th January 2008, 23:11   #10
Senior - BHPian

1. Performance airfilter with CAI - 5-8k
2. FFE with 4-2-1 headers - 10-15k depending on your muffler
3. Porting and Polishing - 10-20k depending on what you go for.
Old 21st January 2008, 00:35   #11

can i give a sugestion...paint the car matt black..like ABIXs car..the swift in Matt Black looks Stunning...
Old 21st January 2008, 14:24   #12
BHPian

Hi! Yogesh,I had a good look at the pics you posted & I also found out that vinyls are very hard to find in bangalore and they are expensive.The easier option is to do a good stickering job which would be a vinyl look alike.This could be done anywhere on J.C.road.
Old 23rd January 2008, 21:47   #13
BHPian

Hey Yogesh,

The best guy for Vinyls is Sanjay in 9th block jayanagar . He is the best in bangalore . just check his place .
Old 24th January 2008, 12:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

abix car in matt black was one swift that i respect for the paint job.but the car had some thing more,only 2 doors rather than 4.its no longer with him now.wonder whats the state now.try that shade with some engine mods-sure to be a looker.
ram
Old 24th January 2008, 13:54   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
abix car in matt black was one swift that i respect for the paint job.but the car had some thing more,only 2 doors rather than 4.its no longer with him now.wonder whats the state now.try that shade with some engine mods-sure to be a looker.
ram
The car is in good hands now trust me !

PS: i still miss the matt black... it was super hot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks