Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:06   #1
BANNED

Honda Domani

Guys,

Got tired of looking for a well maintained sera.It seems all are broken up and are getting extinct.

I started this thread to ask you about the ride named Honda Domani.Came across it last week and got a cheap deal too(1.5 L negotiable).The engine(1.6 16 valve Honda auto gear) is also in a very good condition .But just reluctant because whether sufficient parts are available here in the local market.Did an enquiry about this car ,but no one knows about it.Even there are no threads based on this car in team bhp.But how come such a car with a brillient honda engine get ignored??.Even the internet does not have sufficient links about the car.

Right now iam in a confusion on what to do.It is an auto gear type.And looks are also good.PLease do help me on this guys.

Or is it possible i could swap in a vtec engine and gear box(manual) for this car??If yes how much would it cost??Should i replace anything else for an engine swap??

Please do help me on this guys as i want it to be a cost effective one.I just dont want to throw in lots of money for nothing.

Posting a few pictures of the ride:

Hafi
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:08   #2
BANNED

Hi,

There is/was a Honda Domani being onwed/driven By Ranjit of AR Motorsport which had a JDM 1.5 Vtec motor fitted with ITB's. See the car almost everyday though not sure if it still belongs to him as I heard he had sold it.

viper
Old 2nd February 2008, 11:55   #3
Senior - BHPian

You want to buy a car worth 1.5lac and then plock in a Vtec engine. Wont it be a costly affair?

I have seen a very well maintained Vtec going for 5.5lac at Cochin. Wont things like this be a better option instead of getting antiques and working on it,that too a thing for which parts are scarce?

Why not a VTEC in your Zen?
Old 2nd February 2008, 12:24   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ah yes, the Domani. Prob one of the least talked about Honda.

Whats the year model and mileage on the one you're trying to pick up, coz as far as i know this car was in production till 2004 and if it's a 1.6, theres a very good chance it's already got a vtec engine.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 2nd February 2008 at 12:25.
Old 2nd February 2008, 16:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Dude! From a sera to THIS?? Let me tell you something, before u go out to buy a car, be specific on what you want. From the sera, i understand that u want a good looking car which is nice to drive, if so, look at alternate cars like that.Maybe a miata? I really don't see the logic behind going for a domani, its not nice to look at, sad looking interiors,tough to get spares, and u are not satisified with the engine, go for something more sporty!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks