Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2008, 16:04   #1
BHPian

air suspension kit

Hi, can anyone advice, i want to replace my tata tl (4x2 )stock suspension with an air suspension, i want to improve the ride quality and also in the process save my back ( already slipped disc) from further damage.
thanks.
Old 3rd February 2008, 23:48   #2
Senior - BHPian

you can use springs out safari.. but you'll have to to do some modifications to accommodate this setup and loose some loading capacity of the vehicle.... or can get the air ride systems from abroad... they'll cost a lot though..... and fitting them will be again very expensive as most of the rear setup on the truck is for leafs and not for strut type suspension.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:10   #3
BHPian

Brat, please get in touch with Autopsyche, he is the best man to help you.
autopsyche@gmail.com.
Old 4th February 2008, 11:14   #4
Senior - BHPian

Even if u manage to get a n air suspension kit from abroad, it should be for the truck variety and not for some car, as the car's one wont be able to take as much load, ie a fully laden truck. But generally, i'd say, don't do it, as it could end up in a disaster. Instead, try to exchange it with some other model from the tata stable itself. Does the export model have a different suspension?? if so, try to source that one.
Old 4th February 2008, 12:25   #5
BHPian

This might get very complicated. You will need:
- An air compressor, either engine driven (big installation issues) or electrically driven (will require a major electrics upgrade)
- Air springs, which are not available specificallt for the TL, so you will have to improvise.
- Special linkages to replace the rear leaves and major modification to the rear axle.
- All the pnematic lines, valves and control system.
- Modifications to the chassis to acomodate the brackets for the system, this will nearly be a complete rebuild of the vehicle.
- Lots of money, it may not be worh importing so much stuff for a TL.
- Does the 4x2 TL have torsion bars up front? It is more difficult to replace torsion bars than coil springs...

Basically it is not practical to swap the suspension on the TL.
Try getting hold of an air suspended seat if you absolutely need to use the TL, I think it will be better to junk the TL and go in for a vehicle with a softer ride.

PS: Check if ~500kg of sandbags in the loadbay help ride quality.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:08   #6

Re: air suspension kit

Any Indian supplier or manufacturer who deals in Air suspension kit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks