Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2009, 01:59   #16
BHPian

Hi All,
Pretty funny thread about crash guards and alive pigs.
I just bought a Ford Ikon.
I am also learning how to drive. I just finished my driving classes. I drive only at 15-25. I was wondering if installing something like a crashguard (front and rear) , just till my learning phase, might save me some money as I am more than sure that I will bump into something at very low speed during my learning phase.
What do you guys think?
Old 23rd September 2009, 13:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four.bytes View Post
Hi All,
Pretty funny thread about crash guards and alive pigs.
I just bought a Ford Ikon.
I am also learning how to drive. I just finished my driving classes. I drive only at 15-25. I was wondering if installing something like a crashguard (front and rear) , just till my learning phase, might save me some money as I am more than sure that I will bump into something at very low speed during my learning phase.
What do you guys think?
[quote=abhishek_rait;711682]would cost you 2.5~3k for the same .

however i would say no to it as these cars have crumple zones . so installing a crash gaurd as it is called would invariably be worthless , it would affect the car adversely when it meets an accident as the whole of the impact would be carried inside to the other parts rather than shock to be absorbed less damage to passengers.[/quote]

read this reply posted by Abhishek.
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:40   #18
BHPian

[quote=Parm;1497675]
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_rait View Post
would cost you 2.5~3k for the same .

however i would say no to it as these cars have crumple zones . so installing a crash gaurd as it is called would invariably be worthless , it would affect the car adversely when it meets an accident as the whole of the impact would be carried inside to the other parts rather than shock to be absorbed less damage to passengers.[/quote]

read this reply posted by Abhishek.
Yes , I got the point- in real accidents its a huge -ive instead of being some help. But in near future I am not expecting major accidents :P as I know I would drive very slow. But, I was thinking that it will save me from minor dents and bumps, headlight crash etc. Will it?
Old 23rd September 2009, 16:44   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
. A friend's 800 had a similar crash guard and someone from his family rammed it into a pig. The pig is alive, car's bumper is intact, but the car's structure has suffered damage. The front wheel axis is no longer parallel to the rear one.
I missed this one, but it's just hilllllllllariouss
Old 24th September 2009, 00:57   #20
BHPian

[quote=four.bytes;1498142]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post

Yes , I got the point- in real accidents its a huge -ive instead of being some help. But in near future I am not expecting major accidents :P as I know I would drive very slow. But, I was thinking that it will save me from minor dents and bumps, headlight crash etc. Will it?
So you planing to get a crash guard for the next month or two until you are more confident of driving at more than 15-25km/h? Might help you if you crash into a stationary object at that speed or crash into something moving at a similar speed.
Old 25th September 2009, 19:38   #21
BANNED

Dont' waste your money on crash-guards.

See : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ars-worth.html
Old 3rd May 2011, 22:49   #22
BHPian

Re: price of crash guard?

I would look for a crash guard to load extra fog lamps on my GETZ. Any ideas where else i could hook the 4 extra head lamps on the front?
Old 3rd May 2011, 23:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Re: price of crash guard?

My friend who stays in lokhandwala says he had paid 13,000/- for a stupid crashguard for his new gypsy in the year 1987. (13,000/- in 1987 means about 80,000/- today) 80000/- for a crashguard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks