Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2009, 12:24   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
Try to work out a deal with the service manager and he would help you install the parking sensor with the authorised service person. You just need to purchase the parkign sensor and give it to him.
so would the service manager agree to install parking sensors bought from outside and fit it without getting the warranty void ??
Old 29th October 2009, 00:18   #17
BHPian

Yes. But the rapport building would come into play here. If you have a good rapport with the sales person or the service manager this can be done. It worked for me and i am waiting for the running in to get over. would use the favour after this.
Old 10th December 2009, 10:47   #18
BHPian

will painting the sensors to match body color disturb the accuracy of the sensors?

one of my friend got the parking sensors installed on his Linea and the accessories dealer painted the sensors to match the body color. my personal opinion is that painting over the sensor face will result in reading error as there is an additional layer of paint for the infrared to penetrate. anyone have any error issues on painted sensors?
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:34   #19
BHPian

Now that Fiat has announced official reversing sensors by Fiat can anyone be kind enough to give their feedback on it with its pricing?
Old 18th June 2010, 22:48   #20
Senior - BHPian

My dealer has given my dad a price of 6k for the parking sensors with the mirror display and is offering a 25% discount on this price. Punto or Linea owners - anyone using this ? Is it worth the price, i.e 4500 after the discount.

Will getting it done outside void the warranty ?
Old 18th June 2010, 23:26   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
My dealer has given my dad a price of 6k for the parking sensors with the mirror display and is offering a 25% discount on this price. Punto or Linea owners - anyone using this ? Is it worth the price, i.e 4500 after the discount.

Will getting it done outside void the warranty ?
yes sir, its worth. after-market sensors cost you about 3500-400 depending on the model. shelling out 500-1000 wont matter as you don't have the chance of loosing the electrical warranty, as many after-market installers strip the reverse bulb wire to install the sensors.
Old 30th November 2010, 19:23   #22
BHPian

Hey,

I have parking sensors installed in my car and the rear view mirror which had the distance got a crack is it possible to only replace the rear view mirror or will have to change the whole system?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks