Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2005, 11:26   #1
BHPian

Hyundai owners help me choose a remote locking system...

Hi Team,

I want to install a keyless entry / locking and security system on my Getz and need to know if I should go with the genuine Hyundai systems or is something like Xenos, Autocop or Piranha more advisable? I remember seeing a few posts to the effect that Autocop was not really a failsafe option. Any advice you can offer me on this, people? Thanks in advance.
Old 18th January 2005, 11:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

regarding electricals like car security ,its adviseable to go for the genuine hyundai accessories to avoid any problems to ur warranty.
Old 18th January 2005, 11:43   #3
bhp
BHPian

i think u must go for after market one s like auto cop and pirhana they are cheap and have the best of quality and service .
Old 18th January 2005, 11:53   #4
BHPian

hey ... go for the hyundai one .its really nice the one i have in my accent gtx ..its nice no sound hen locked or unlocked ..only lights u could activate the sound is u want to...and theres a panic button in case u need to find your car in a parking lot ...and 3and 1/2 years downthe line 63k km no prob at all
Old 18th January 2005, 13:07   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey even i agree that the hyundai one by the company is really good..in fact a friend got that for his honda!!!!
Old 19th January 2005, 01:54   #6
Team-BHP Support

Hey Neverclever,

Realistically, no security system is 100% secure.
I would opt for the Hyundai system. Its a very intelligent system and the remote looks nice too. (you get 2).
However, im not sure about how this will work on your car, but its possible that if you lock the car manually from the inside drivers door, all the other doors will not do the same thing like central locking (depending on whether ur getz has it or not... but check it out if this is something you want.)

cya
R
Old 19th January 2005, 03:23   #7
BHPian

I got the Hyundai system for my Xing (Thanks satya for the suggestion about the warranty!). Its decent. I have two other cars that have autocops. The only difference I see is that none of the hyundai systems comes with a impact sensor (highest model comes with ultrasonic sensors though) while the autocop models do come with this feature.
I'd say go for the hyundai one but do haggle with the dealer. They can give you dicounts easily on accessories. Secondly, don't go by the price he says. Check the box for the MRP and then ask for a discount on that amount. I saw the guy at Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore openly quoting higher prices than the MRPs and discounting it to slightly below the MRP especially for speakers and stuff.

btw the cobra systems that hyundai sells are made by autocop only so service should be a non issue!!
Old 19th January 2005, 16:02   #8
BHPian

You could install any locking system, either from hyundai or autocop or ??, provided no wire is cut during the installation. The accessory dealer at hyundai should also offer you autocop as they are providing as OEM to some hyundai models, ask him. Mostly at the dealers, they would charge you more. If you are able to negotiate at par with market, go ahead. Also, if you look at the security system manufacturer's name, you would mostly find one. This manufacturer distributes its product by various names like auto cop (the most famed one), terminator etc. etc. In most cases the installation is done by so called engineers from Autocop only.

All remote locks work on similar principles, so if autocop has failed, chances are others would also fall likewise. My advise would be to install central locking in combo with manual gear lock. That's the safest bet you can have. I have installed Terminator (same manufacturer as with autocop) remote locking, a middle model though along with 5 lever gear lock which is top of the line.

Tarun
Old 20th January 2005, 00:11   #9
BANNED

Hey ,neverclever
In short.
Go for company(Hyundai) Auto locking system , The one they give standard
It's the best.
trust me. i am using it for quite some time now.
so are all my friend's
there are all the hyundai car's in my group and all use company std auto lock.
cheers

Last edited by WILDTHING : 20th January 2005 at 00:22.
Old 28th July 2008, 19:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Nippon system in Hyundai?

Is it possible to install the Nippon Keyless entry system in a Hyundai car which has manual central locking?
This is lying idle with a friend and he's offered to give it to me.
This is the pic:
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai owners help me choose a remote locking system...-fujiz3-006.jpg  

Old 28th July 2008, 20:27   #11
BHPian

Hi Team.

You can use any Keyless entry system to work in conjunction with the Existing manual central locking system ( Assuming that you already have a Manual Central Locking System )

The only difference the Keyless Entry controller does to the locking system is that it automates the process of locking via the Triggers that are sent from the remote to the Controller.

You can install any Keyless system, nowadays you get many varieties having Microwave sensor system, Shock Sensor system etc....

I have recently installed Keyless entry system in my Accent, the controller for this system has the Microwave Sensor for movement sensing inside the Car when armed, Vibration Induction oscillator for Impact sensing upon forced entry, it also has an output for 20secs when armed which will rollup the windows in case open ( Need to connect a module with this ) , also has Led indicator which will glow intermittently when armed , and also has a Remote boot trigger which I have interfaced to the boot so that I can openup the boot by using the Remote ..just as in the Chevy Optra.

So the bottomline is that ..you can connect any interface that is as per your budget, more the options more the cost .

Lukeskywalker:

Its possible to install the Nippon Keyless entry system in a Hyundai car which has manual central locking.......no problems. Mine works well for me...it should do for you as well.

Below mentioned is a Pic of what a Keyless entry Controller would normally look like with its outputs,

The assorted Wires are the wires which will lock and unlock the Existing Central Locking System of your Car.

Cheers,

Peter.

Post EDITED since it contained various [FONT], [COLOR] and [SIZE] tags. Posting with such text formatting should be avoided on Team-BHP as it is inconvenient for members to read post. Kindly go through Announcements section before proceeding.

Thanking You for your anticipated co-operation

The Team-BHP Support Staff
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1.bmp (996.2 KB, 50549 views)

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th July 2008 at 20:37. Reason: Font tags
Old 28th July 2008, 20:44   #12
BHPian

Hi Neverclever

Team,

Iam also attaching a Wiring Diagram that I have of my Central Locking system so that you get a hang of how this whole Unit works .

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Peter.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 1.bmp (750.1 KB, 35965 views)
Old 28th July 2008, 20:51   #13
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Peter, that was indeed a very comprehensive answer to my query. The wiring diagram is very useful. Thanks once again.
Cheers.
Hari.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks