Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 02:50   #1
BHPian

Emblem replacement

feb 14th a storm drain cover (the roth iron) gets robbed from my building..how he or they managed it without making a sound still gets me?

feb 15th a plastic chair gets robbed from the securtiy cabin

feb 16th icing on the cake he/they take the emblem right off my sonata gold! so if you see a guy walking around with what looks like a hockey stick tucked inside his jacket that would be me!

point being the car does look good without it (no no still going to kill him if i find him or her lol) wanted to know if there are any ready made parts that can slide or fit into where the earlier emblem was, the lower half which is sliver in colour, was thinking of painting it but that does not look good?
Old 17th February 2008, 04:59   #2
BHPian

can't help you on this bro, but just wanted to say "chair from security cabin" maybe you should hire someone who can do a better job of atleast keeping his chair inplace. well it's feb 17th now can't wait to see what this genius takes today(just kidding hope you find him asap probably it's just a kid messing around.
Old 17th February 2008, 10:20   #3
BHPian

You could ask the hyundai dealership. They usually have to fit new emblems onto accident cars.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

it wont be an issue ,you can get it done at the dealer point.but dont you see this as an oppurtunity to make it a mesh grill.lol
ram
Old 17th February 2008, 11:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

I think aditya is right on this as asking the dealers is a better way to get that emblem fixed and maybe some aftermarket stores might help as well, however not sure about this one.
Old 17th February 2008, 13:10   #6
Senior - BHPian

As others have suggested, you can get it fixed from dealer. Usually, dealers will have these kind of spare parts with them.
Old 17th February 2008, 20:40   #7
Senior - BHPian

if you want the same old emblem, go to the chor bazaar and u will find ur same old emblem or atleast something similar too ur's at a throw away price.

But i think ur sonata will be looking better without the emblem.
Old 18th February 2008, 02:57   #8
BHPian

it does look better but the sliver base of the emblem is still on there so how do i cover it ? i saw a sonata gold without it and it looks really good any one who does this or recomend some one in mumbai? wil post picture,s today!
Old 18th February 2008, 09:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Try polishing that part with a good wax based polish. take it to a painter & he will get that done for you in no time.
Old 19th February 2008, 01:57   #10
BHPian

thanks everyone, if i ever replace the emblem i will make sure i wire it to my battery so that the next tme some one touchs it they will get fried

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks