Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2008, 04:18   #1
BHPian

Swift Brake "Upgrades"

MOD : Hey MOD - this is from http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-17600-km.html
I think this deserves a new thread in this section , if you feel not - sorry and please delete this , BUT i think its important.Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Hey people , pictures of my brake pads are with a lazy friend : ] [sorry friend]
so will post them from his place tomorrow ish.

BUT my OE pads with came out are : - TOKICO EL799 FP63J0 JBSCO9A !!
The pads which went in are MGP 55810 M 63J00 !
Thats what it says on the box at least didnt actually study the new pads was too rushed. The new pads were packed on 11/07. All pic's soon.

Does this mean that the swift came with nice Japanese PADS and now they are on cruddy Indian MGP???

Do different MGP pads/discs exist ? OR all india one MGP brake pad/brake disc manufacturer?

These pads ARE available for my swift VIA N1 at a decent price

EBC Ultimax Brake Pads - EBC Brakes

EBC Ultimax Brake Pads

EBC Ultimax Brake Pads - EBC Ultimax Brakes

To quote
""Premium Grade OEM Plus Replacement Pads With Part Metallic Content To Greatly Reduce Chances Of Brake Vibration And Improve Braking Performance, Made From The Highest Quality Friction Material, Features Center Line Slots To Prevent Cracking And A Coating Which Cleans Up Rotors And Accelerates Pad Break-In, Offers Up To 50% Less Rotor Wear Than More Abrasive Semi-Metallic Pads, Designed To Reduce Noise And Disperse Up To 30% Less Dust Than Standard Pads, Set Includes Left And Right Brake Pads, Suitable For All Cars SUV And Light Trucks""

""
  • Put a muzzle on your loudmouth brakes with EBC's mouse-quiet Ultimax Brake Pads
  • EBC custom-makes your Ultimax Brake Pads to directly replace your stock gear
  • Beveled edges significantly reduce brake whine, prevent edge lifting, and actually prolong the life of your EBC Ultimax Brake Pads
  • Pre-fitted anti-noise shims further muffle your EBC Ultimax Brake Pads
  • Custom blend of synthetic aramid fibers and metallic filament for an aggressive bite, no vibration, and extended lifespan
  • EBC's own Break-In surface coating provides lightning-fast bedding for maximum braking power right out of the box
  • All EBC Ultimax Brake Pads boast a center-line slot to ward off heat expansion cracks
  • The pads and the pad plates are powder coated for a lifetime of rust-free service
  • EBC covers your Ultimax Brake Pads with a 6-month/5,000 mile warranty
""

EBC ultimax brake pads are supposed to be standard OE pads -abroad .
Standard OE+ not upgrades like EBC's red/green/blue stuff.

Any experiences with EBC ultimax brake pads? Anyone?
Anyone knows of any other swift brake pads ?

cheers & thank you people.

PS : soon put in new disc s & maybe rotors with the ultimax , if its all good and makes sense.
Really nice that the EBC's ULTIMAX are available for the swift !!
Any ides on : -

BUT my OE pads with came out are : - TOKICO EL799 FP63J0 JBSCO9A !!

The pads which went in are MGP 55810 M 63J00 !
Thats what it says on the box at least didnt actually study the new pads was too rushed. The new pads were packed on 11/07. All pic's soon.

Does this mean that the swift came with nice Japanese PADS and now they are on cruddy Indian MGP???

Do different MGP pads/discs exist ? OR all india one MGP brake pad/brake disc manufacturer?

cheers people

Last edited by cyneverdie : 27th February 2008 at 04:22.
Old 27th February 2008, 05:11   #2
BHPian

to clear thing up a notch: -

These pads ARE available for a swift VIA N1

EBC Ultimax Brake Pads - EBC Brakes

EBC Ultimax Brake Pads

EBC Ultimax Brake Pads - EBC Ultimax Brakes

To quote

""Premium Grade OEM Plus Replacement Pads With Part Metallic Content To Greatly Reduce Chances Of Brake Vibration And Improve Braking Performance, Made From The Highest Quality Friction Material, Features Center Line Slots To Prevent Cracking And A Coating Which Cleans Up Rotors And Accelerates Pad Break-In, Offers Up To 50% Less Rotor Wear Than More Abrasive Semi-Metallic Pads, Designed To Reduce Noise And Disperse Up To 30% Less Dust Than Standard Pads, Set Includes Left And Right Brake Pads, Suitable For All Cars SUV And Light Trucks""

""
  • Put a muzzle on your loudmouth brakes with EBC's mouse-quiet Ultimax Brake Pads
  • EBC custom-makes your Ultimax Brake Pads to directly replace your stock gear
  • Beveled edges significantly reduce brake whine, prevent edge lifting, and actually prolong the life of your EBC Ultimax Brake Pads
  • Pre-fitted anti-noise shims further muffle your EBC Ultimax Brake Pads
  • Custom blend of synthetic aramid fibers and metallic filament for an aggressive bite, no vibration, and extended lifespan
  • EBC's own Break-In surface coating provides lightning-fast bedding for maximum braking power right out of the box
  • All EBC Ultimax Brake Pads boast a center-line slot to ward off heat expansion cracks
  • The pads and the pad plates are powder coated for a lifetime of rust-free service
  • EBC covers your Ultimax Brake Pads with a 6-month/5,000 mile warranty
""

EBC ultimax brake pads are supposed to be standard OE pads -abroad .
Standard OE+ not upgrades like EBC's red/green/blue stuff.

Any experiences with EBC ultimax brake pads? Anyone?
Anyone knows of any other swift brake pads ?

cheers & thank you people.

PS : soon put in new disc s & maybe rotors & in 10 000 ish km new brake booster too perhaps - with the ultimax pads , if its all good and makes sense.

Last edited by cyneverdie : 27th February 2008 at 05:14.
Old 28th February 2008, 00:18   #3
BHPian

Update :
EBC green brake pads available for esteem via N1 upto rs 5500
EBC ultimax brake pads available for the Swift via N1 upto rs 5000
Old 28th February 2008, 13:59   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyneverdie View Post
Update :
EBC green brake pads available for esteem via N1 upto rs 5500
EBC ultimax brake pads available for the Swift via N1 upto rs 5000
Hi cyneverdie
Are EBC - Green brake pads availalbe for honda city 1.5 EXI type 2, if yes at what price & where could i get it from in Mumbai .??
Thanks in anticipation
Old 29th February 2008, 12:03   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cancerm View Post
Hi cyneverdie
Are EBC - Green brake pads availalbe for honda city 1.5 EXI type 2, if yes at what price & where could i get it from in Mumbai .??
Thanks in anticipation
Pretty sure EBC does have a solution for you man , they just put in the ultimax for an auto OHC at least :-

contact N1 ,
http://www.*************.com/

my pleasure man

PS : dont know why the post is *******

PM me man?

PS v2 : just call anant man , he's the N1 man - 9821221791 , sweet guy , he'll sort you out

PS 3 : I think Viper has more expensive but probably better solutions for the city

Last edited by cyneverdie : 29th February 2008 at 12:22.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks