Team-BHP - Car Scratch Remover
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Car Scratch Remover (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36263-car-scratch-remover.html)

I found this interesting product on the net. The makers claim that it removes scratches. I remember seeing tele-shopping ads with similar claims, though i am not sure if it is for the same product.

Has anyone ever used such a product, or has any ideas about the usefulness/effectiveness of this?

Please Advise.

Indiaplaza.in : Electronics - Miscellaneous - Formula 1 Scratch Out

MODS: I did a search, but was unable to find a specific instance this product. If this is an inappropriate or a repeat query, please link this to the appropriate thread.

Just picked it up last Saturday & applied it on one door of the Safari that had a couple of long scratch - this is more of a liquid rubbing compound. It clearly mentions that deep scratches will not be removed. From what I saw, the light scratch did go away & it does clean up the surface & makes dull areas shine quite a bit. Need to test it out over a wider area - was too hung over last Sunday morning to put in to much effort:p

Method of application is quite simple - Ensure area is clean & dry, take this liquid on a clean cloth, apply in a circular motion. Allow it to dry to a haze & then rub it off with a chamois or soft cloth. The shine is quite noticeable.

By the way, I picked it up from our local car accessory shop for Rs 150 only.

True, its just a light liquid rubbing compound, have been on it for more than a year now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 741166)
Just picked it up last Saturday & applied it on one door of the Safari that had a couple of long scratch - this is more of a liquid rubbing compound. It clearly mentions that deep scratches will not be removed. From what I saw, the light scratch did go away & it does clean up the surface & makes dull areas shine quite a bit. Need to test it out over a wider area - was too hung over last Sunday morning to put in to much effort:p

Method of application is quite simple - Ensure area is clean & dry, take this liquid on a clean cloth, apply in a circular motion. Allow it to dry to a haze & then rub it off with a chamois or soft cloth. The shine is quite noticeable.

By the way, I picked it up from our local car accessory shop for Rs 150 only.

Not worth it, dont waste your money.

It removes scratches, which are almost not visible to the naked eye. Thats about it. Rest of the scratches remain.

I wish I could sue them for the pics (before/after pics) they have printed on the can. Its blunt cheating.

I bought one of these from one of the petrol pumps. I have used them, but all it seems to do is that it removes the carbon particles from the scratches thus making it gel with the colour of the body. It doesnt remove scratches, just the dirt which makes it very obvious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopz (Post 741269)
Not worth it, dont waste your money.

It removes scratches, which are almost not visible to the naked eye. Thats about it. Rest of the scratches remain.

I wish I could sue them for the pics (before/after pics) they have printed on the can. Its blunt cheating.

U took the words from my mouth. I have been using this product for sometime, but it's mere waste while removing the scratches.
I use it only if i'm out of Wax polish. It gives a slight shining effect that's it.

I have used this and Scratch Out. These are mild rubbing compounds - period. Mild abrasions will be rubbed out, anything deeper - forget it. Also, after removing the scratch make sure that you lightly wax the affected area. They do work within their domain - but then so does the far cheaper Waxpol Rubbing compound (used to called Cutter Polish by the denters).

normal thinner would also remove carbon from the scratch, and get you going. My dealer did this, when I have asked them to do simple touch-up.

You would be better off getting a coat of "rubbing polish" done at a local mechanic, for 1000 bucks. It will be far better.

like everyone says, its just a rubbing compound..
i too use it to remove some minor scratches on the car and the bike

Hi friends just got two small black scratches can they be removed by rubbing??

Guys just wanted to carry on with this thread and share a small piece of info.

Recently my regular car washer left some scratches on the bonnet :Frustrati. Yet to give my piece to him.

Tried everything possible, from the rubbing compound the carwala's use to scratch removers. Nothing helped out as the scratches were still visible.

Googled and found someone who used a 2000# sand paper and claimed the scratches to have visibly reduced. Went to the nearby paint hardware shop and got a 2000# sand paper worth Rs.40.

Tore done the sand paper to 1/4th and carefully rubbed the surface for about 5minutes. Surprisingly the scratches vanished but left the surface dull.

Applied Formula scratch remover then and the shine was there, but not up to the mark. Used a car polish and the bonnet is now shinning like new.

The 3M Liquid Wax, which comes in a small black bottle is very efficient in removing scratches resulting out of bruises with another body. There was this Green paint mark from a DTC Bus on i20, and more than 90% of it was removes using 3M Liquid Wax, for the rest 10% 3M's Finesse rubbing compound was used.

Anyhow, I'll suggest to first try 3M Liquid Wax before using any abrasive material like a Rubbing Compound.

Quote:

=tsk13;1617084]The 3M Liquid Wax, which comes in a small black bottle is very efficient in removing scratches resulting out of bruises with another body. There was this Green paint mark from a DTC Bus on i20, and more than 90% of it was removes using 3M Liquid Wax, for the rest 10% 3M's Finesse rubbing compound was used.
Anyhow, I'll suggest to first try 3M Liquid Wax before using any abrasive material like a Rubbing Compound.
Hi tsk,

Does it work on the plastic bumpers as well. Can you please share the name and address of some good accessory shops that you trust in south delhi.

i need to buy some polish and seatcovers for my i20please:

Regards,
Somu

Please see this product listed on rediff >
Fix It Pro Pen Removes Scratches From Color Car gifts in india at rediff shopping.