Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2008, 18:12   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
That actually kinda nice! but its too common.. can see too many cars having that strips.. will leave 'as it is' for now..
good choice. your car will anyway be one of a kind.
Old 5th March 2008, 18:35   #32
BHPian

itnerd your car looks really nice. how about some nice rims for you car ?? will look damn good all together .
Old 5th March 2008, 22:49   #33

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

I would suggest get your present rims(stock) painted white...will definitely look nice.Wanted to do the same but a white sx4 wasnt available hence picked up a silver one.
Old 5th March 2008, 23:24   #34
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic. But please take care and not scrape it. The rear skirting looks awesome. The car looks so much better.
Old 6th March 2008, 09:31   #35
BHPian

Wow, SX4 looks great with those side skirting and the spoiler. Great job.!!!!
Old 6th March 2008, 09:59   #36

Neatly done job ...........
Old 6th March 2008, 11:05   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Thanks. yes, will have to be extra careful :( . Not sure about the NCR meet, pretty much busy with work. BTW, where is the venue? Not been in one meet before!

Some photoshopped preview with decals below. What do you guys think?

You might want to take some cues and advice from Autopsyche on decals... Try lowering the car, it gives the car a very dofferent outlook...
Old 6th March 2008, 12:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

hey guys.. thanks for the responses.. well, enough of looks and aesthetic.. Now for the real purpose of the skirts, I decided to take the car on a spin on Greater Noida expressway to see if the skirtings have made any difference on the ride and handling. Most owners must be aware that SX4 is not meant to have great stability/handling at high speed and the noise was one of its irratating point.. (or was it the noise generated from the unfriendly aerodynamic of the car?) But the drive landed me up with a big smile.. The first time I crossed 100 kmph, I was delighted to hear a noise unfamiliar before on my car.. It's kind of the sound you get to hear when you sit inside an airbus.. more refined than before..no kidding.. and the handling was so great, that it only instills the urge to increase the throttle.. soon I was at 150 kmph.. I believe it can be made to cut through 170 kmph and more.. but just that, my co-passenger was so frightened that sense prevailed and down to 100 kmph.. I must admit though, having the skirts definitely have improved the ride quality and handling.. and most importantly, the noise is now pleasing and if I am not wrong, the air flow dynamics played a crucial role in the noise level at high speed..

Dead flies on the front bumper... Only if I saw them at the first place, I could have averted slamming into them..

Quote:
I would suggest get your present rims(stock) painted white...will definitely look nice.Wanted to do the same but a white sx4 wasnt available hence picked up a silver one.
I have that on my mind. But I am sceptical about the paint quality and how long it will last.. will need to find out more..

Quote:
You might want to take some cues and advice from Autopsyche on decals... Try lowering the car, it gives the car a very dofferent outlook...
Most people I know didn't want me to go for decals.. so my opinion is pretty much 'no' at this time.. Lowering the car - can't do under warranty..
Old 6th March 2008, 12:33   #39
Senior - BHPian

Even the flies attracted to the skirtings ,lol.The sugestion of painting the alloys maybe a good idea.
ram
Old 6th March 2008, 12:42   #40
Senior - BHPian

Effective Ground clearance after skirtings

Front:
170 mm

Sides:
180-170 mm on ends (range - due to tilting position from back to front)
200 mm on center

Rear:
210 mm on curving ends & corners
250 mm at center

Last edited by iTNerd : 6th March 2008 at 12:48.
Old 6th March 2008, 16:22   #41
BHPian

I didnt see this thread.Awesome body kit.Only the side skirts is little bit different.Front bumper is really good.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:28   #42
BHPian

Very Clean .. don't spoil the look with decals ! Also, if you do go with 17, 18' ..then lowering will be a MUST .. but I think it looks fine at the moment .. Great Job w/ Mods ..

*and the side skirts have absolutely nothing to do with handling .. imho
Old 7th March 2008, 00:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

If that figures are true there is less probablity of you scrapping them.Be a bit cautious with the front others are ok.Thanks for the info bro.
ram
Old 7th March 2008, 12:43   #44
Senior - BHPian

front and rear are looking good. side ones are kind of ok..
for muffler tip go in for automech or go to karol bagh to select from wide variety of tip!!
Old 10th March 2008, 20:03   #45
BHPian

IT Nerd, the skirting are damn good, love it. Long time it was in my mind to put those skirting. Got a quotation of 8K from local dealer, but I think they will mess up with the copper color paint, they cannot match. Also the quality is doubtful. So this week I am also planning to put those skirts from the dealer itself. Got 5% discount on accessories, so comes to 19K for 4.

Why don't you spray paint on the tail lamps (black), will look good on the white car.
Photoshoped ur car, not perfect though.
[COLOR=#22229c]ImageShack - Hosting :: sx4speed4copyih3.jpg[/COLOR]

Last edited by gopinathann : 10th March 2008 at 20:07. Reason: link updated

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks