Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2008, 09:41   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Welcome to Gurgaon. It would have been better if you had driven. Thus we would've benefitted about a travelogue too.

My sympathies.
I agree with gd1418, and it could be fun. No matter which part of India I move, I drive myself.
Heard and seen lots of bad experiences of transferring the car by other modes..

Anyways, welcome to Gurgaon...
Old 7th March 2008, 10:01   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
today , i received the car at 3.30pm from beekay carriers, owned by beekay auto silliguri, the lone maruti dealer there.
when i saw the car, i almost cried. there it was lying in dust with multiple scratches on front bumper,on the left side major scratch below the fog light,
on the right side,scratch on the wheel arch.
on getting inside the car, it was as if the car was used to ferry soldiers in iraq
it was so dirty.
then the speedo cable was found disconnected.
on of the sensor lights, the one with shape of a car with a spanner in the middle , which was supposed to go off , didnot go off even after waiting 10 mins.
i felt like i ll kill some 1. i blasted the caretaker, gave him the full dose of !#@#$$$%^^ . then i talked to the manager there.
this fellow said to leave the car there, and he ll get it mended tomorrow.
i didnot agree as the odo cable was detached.
then i called up people at silliguri, who fired the owner of the dealership, left rite and center.
then the dealer agreed to bear the expenses of the repair.
but only after major arm twisting, and him almost getting arrested.

so tomorrow i m going to get all this done....SUGGEST WHERE??
Those fu****s should be termed as car destroyers rather then car care takers

I would suggest
- Service Masters (If you want to go for a Company Own Service Center, though it will be a pain leaving your car to okhla and go again to pick it up. But still will be worth)
- Autopsyche (If you want to go a professional after market Service Center. And, since it is placed in gurgaon only i.e. your neighborhood)
Old 7th March 2008, 10:11   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
KD, it is a full fledged workshop catering to all aspects of general maintainance and repairs of vehicles plus, modifications, accessorising, performance tuning etc., and the works.

If you go there, don't forget to take a peep under the covers of a massive H1 parked...
Interesting, now I really need to visit the workshop. Guess, finally Autopsyche may answer that inevitable question about the tacho as well when am there.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:07   #34
Team-BHP Support

Sorry Doc. Just saw your PM. Was waiting for your call actually.

Ok, here goes my experience. My cousin had to shift from Pune to Gurgaon. He also used a vehicle carrier to transport hi Sumo, or so he thought.

He received the car in a condition similar to your car. My cousin had put in a tankfull of diesel. The tank was almost empty when it got here. The odo wire was also disconnected. It was clear that the vehicle was driven here.
On confronting the carrier, he obviously refused and insisted that the car was transported here. My cousin then asked him to show him the paperwork of the car being loaded in Pune and then being unloaded from the carrier here. He was caught and admitted that there was a mix up and the car was driven. On threatening him with a consumer court, he reimbursed the entire amount of the transport charges, a tankfull of diesel. In addition, he also paid for some works on the suspension, shockers etc which we claimed were in a better position before the transit,

So my suggestion would be try and get the carrier to show you the loading unloading slips. Make sure you ask for them on the spot and do not give them time to prepare counterfeit ones

Last edited by Eddy : 7th March 2008 at 11:12.
Old 7th March 2008, 11:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

The other method is to insist on door-to-door pick-up & delivery. Many years back I had to transport a friend's Merc to Bombay. I insisted on the above method.

He came with the truck half-laden with flat iron sheets. The Merc was loaded above the sheets, secured & canvassed. The paper work was done then & there with the Merc being added on to the original bill of laden (isn't it what this is called?). My friend received the car without any problem at the Dahisar Naka near Mumbai since he wanted to avoid Octroi as his car was a MH registration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
He received the car in a condition similar to your car. My cousin had put in a tankfull of diesel. The tank was almost empty when it got here. The odo wire was also disconnected. It was clear that the vehicle was driven here.
On confronting the carrier, he obviously refused and insisted that the car was transported here. My cousin then asked him to show him the paperwork of the car being loaded in Pune and then being unloaded from the carrier here. He was caught and admitted that there was a mix up and the car was driven. On threatening him with a consumer court, he reimbursed the entire amount of the transport charges, a tankfull of diesel. In addition, he also paid for some works on the suspension, shockers etc which we claimed were in a better position before the transit,

[FONT=Arial]So my suggestion would be try and get the carrier to show you the loading unloading slips. Make sure you ask for them on the spot and do not give them time to prepare counterfeit ones[/FONT]
Old 7th March 2008, 11:19   #36
Senior - BHPian

Eddy, I noticed this at the end of your post..Am I missing on something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
RIP Rtech. We will all miss you
Old 7th March 2008, 12:35   #37
BHPian

@ gd sir the surprising thing was the tank had almost as much fuel as i left, i.e. 3/4 of a tank.
today i ll go autopshyche.. directions please
Old 7th March 2008, 13:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

From NH8 turn towards Udyog Vihar and cross Trident Hilton. Drive straight and after some distance you shall find Quattro building on the right. Turn right, drive straight and turn right from the T-point and take a turn at the first left. Drive straight and turn left and you will find Autoscanners board.

Abhi, you must post Before & After snaps of your car..

Arush, hope the directions are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.abhijeet View Post
@ gd sir the surprising thing was the tank had almost as much fuel as i left, i.e. 3/4 of a tank.
today i ll go autopshyche.. directions please

Last edited by gd1418 : 7th March 2008 at 13:06.
Old 7th March 2008, 15:21   #39
BHPian

@eddy i hv alraedy done that and hv seen the loading unloading slips... the car was indeed loaded on the truck.
@gd ll post the pics for sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks