Team-BHP - Swift engine in an old Beetle?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Modifications & Accessories (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/)
-   -   Swift engine in an old Beetle? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifications-accessories/36895-swift-engine-old-beetle.html)

Can VW Beetle (Vintage Model) be fitted with Swift's petrol engine.

What kind of music do you listen to? Dunno if swift engine will be enough for the high frequencies..

lol I am joking.

You are in the wrong forum. Mods please move the thread.

Sid,

You've seem to have gone bonkers.

On a Serious Note. YES you can fit in the Swift Petrol engine onto the Beetle.

In Bangalore we have 2 Bugs on Esteem engine with ac.

Any help reqd pls let me know.

I know a beetle that was being fitted with a B16. Pavan, any clues on that one? I heard the project has been halted for lack of Vit M.

Hope to see a red hot betle soon.So you guys have hot ones already in bangy.Wonder how the performance would be?Any reports on it.
ram

WHY dude WHY??? pls leave it as it is!! if u want a performance car, go mod a modern car!

He's asking probably because he found a beetle shell w/o engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 758051)

On a Serious Note. YES you can fit in the Swift Petrol engine onto the Beetle.

In Bangalore we have 2 Bugs on Esteem engine with ac.

Can we have pics of the Esteem engined Beetle. I am intrigued!

@mods. Please make sure karl does not see this thread otherwise i am sure he will go after sid with a knife.

On a more serious note, I agree with JayD. Why mod such a brautiful car??

What is your budget to do this? In the U.S. there are a few heavily modded VW engines around and some people have even put Porsche 911 engines in them. You will find engines on the web I am sure.

This car had an Esteem engine if Im right. Was years back. I think the car was in Delhi. Unfortunately no pics of the rear.

A lot of cars in Pakistan run diesels Im told.

Now this would be superb, beetle with a baleno engine and all :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 763803)
I know a beetle that was being fitted with a B16. Pavan, any clues on that one? I heard the project has been halted for lack of Vit M.

Yes Rahul, Pavan is aware of this one. He mentioned this to me when we last spoke. Pavan keeps track of knowing anything Beetle(in fact most classics) in Bangalore :).

Santosh and Mclaren

One Beetle with the Eseem engine is running fine and with an a/c also.

The other Beetle also in Bangalore is fited with esteem engine and yes firing fine, but still not on roads as its geting painted.

The other Beetle is getting fited with a Civic Engine, This project is halted since 6 months. Still to know when it'll be done.

But an esteem engine Beetle runs so damn fine dude's.

Porche engine go well with beetles since they are of the same breed.

And the Beetle that Karls mentioned might be worked by Mr Dhaval if i am not wrong.

Diesel Bugs in Pakistan ! not heard of,

Will surely get details soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 767847)
Santosh and Mclaren

The other Beetle is getting fited with a Civic Engine, This project is halted since 6 months. Still to know when it'll be done.

But an esteem engine Beetle runs so damn fine dude's.

A CDivic engine, as in B16A?? :Shockked:?? Gawd! That thing would be one hell of a sleeper car!!