Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2009, 18:21   #16
BHPian

When they say 2 tonnes, they don't really mean it . It can probably do 1.5 tonnes, but 2, no way. I procured a hydraulic jack from some random Chinese company for Rs 600 or so. It works like a charm, and you can safely work under the car, however I still did have a tripod handy in case it felt unstable.

Hydraulic jacks require maintainance, and replacement of the oil from time to time. If you do not care for it, then how will it care for you LOL

PS: The jack I have is a breeze to use, and is supposedly rated at 2 tonnes, but will never lift anything more than 1.5 tonnes with it. I will soon be buying a similar jack which is rated at 4 tonnes, either that or the jacks used at workshops. Was thinking about adding a hydraulic lift to one of my garages...
Old 4th June 2009, 09:40   #17
BANNED

Firstly, never work under a vehicle on a jack. Put proper stands underneath. The life you save may be your own.

As for the load rating sometimes I wonder whether they mean the weight of the vehicle! So you are jacking up one end, and hence a 35-40% load bearing is all you need.

Hydraulic jacks are great, as long as they work. I will just not trust them to rescue me on a lonely roas on a wet and dark night! Remember Murphy's Law!!
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2009, 10:33   #18
girishbhat

There is an advertisement in today's Kannada paper [Vijaya Karnataka. Page 4 of Cinema Vijaya].
The ad says It is first time in India and Lifting capacities 1 & 2 tons.
And the Exchange offer for old Jack is also available!!

The dealer details are in the bellow link.
Contact Us - Vindies Enterprises

But could not find any details of the product in the site.

Sorry I could not able to upload the image.

Old 10th June 2009, 14:41   #19
BHPian

Thanks, sgiitk,
I do appreciate your observations, but the fact remains that all engineering products need a safety margin over the specified rating.
And another thing to be considered is that a jack is never used on a even surface, for example the average road which is quite uneven, resulting in the weight resting on a area which is quite small, like a pebal or stone jutting out.
This would multiply the weight on that particular portion of the jack base and is capable of shattering a cast aluminum thin walled section, of which the base is constructed of, whereas i am quite confident of a mild steel pressed section, which may bend but not shatter suddenly.
All this amounts to one thing that any jack made of aluminum casting is not reliable.
Bye ,
M.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:08   #20
BHPian

Where can I buy Electric car jack in Hyderabad?

All -

Can anyone suggest me where can I buy electric Jack & wrench kit in Hyderabad for my Optra & Ritz?

How much does it cost approximately?

Thanks
Old 3rd September 2009, 08:58   #21
Senior - BHPian

i think a small hydraulic one will be much sensible. will cost 400 bucks.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:08   #22
BHPian

I agree with Hydraulic jacks but I feel that electric jacks (with 2T capacity) will be able to support the weight of Optra & Ritz (for sure)

I got one from US Walmart for my dad & liked it. I'd want to have 1 more for myself. I'm in Hyderabad now.
Old 4th September 2009, 14:27   #23
BANNED

As for Hydraulics please see my post about my experience on the first page of the thread. I will definitely not risk them ever!
Old 5th September 2009, 01:29   #24
Senior - BHPian

Well you need to have a look from time to time to see if there are any oil leaks and if the bukets need replacment and even the pinions on the two sides.This would help in safty later.
Old 7th September 2009, 14:47   #25
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
As for Hydraulics please see my post about my experience on the first page of the thread. I will definitely not risk them ever!
Dear Sgitk.

You may be one of the unlucky one to have had a leak in your jack. As you will be aware most of the weight lifing jobs are done by the hydraulics only.

Further most of the vulcanising shop guys use only hydraulic jack.

By far i think hydraulic jacks have made a place for itself, though the electric ones will take some time to prove itself, which i feel is just matter of time.

I think people abroad are using these electric jacks with any issue in each and every household.

Onlything is that we IN INDIA should get hold of a proven and dependable make, though the hydraulic will remain for ever.

One cannot say that the the system is not good just because of a leakage...isn't it.

Old 7th September 2009, 20:11   #26
BANNED

@ topic starter

There is an ISO 9001 company in coimbatore which is manufacturing this electric jack.

Sri Dakshin Raghav
216,pothanur Naicker, Thottam Sungam Bye - Pass Road,Ramanathapuram, Coimbatore-45.
sridakshinraghav@yahoo.co.in

phone: 0422-2314314

9944470809, 9944470816

But i dont know the price and feedback. But its easily available here in coimbatore, since its manufactured here, locally.

Last edited by rajivanoj : 7th September 2009 at 20:14.
Old 3rd September 2016, 12:13   #27
BHPian

Re: Electric Jack

Hi, anyone using the electric car jack and wrench bought from here? http://www.e-jack.in/contact.php

They go by the name - Ledon Lighting Solutions, Bangalore - http://www.indiamart.com/jinda-international/

I had a discussion over the phone and am contemplating buying one since last week saw 2 punctures, both at odd timings, in office.

They are offering 1 year warranty and further stated that it can lift a Pajero as well!

If anyone has bought it, please share your experience.

Disclaimer - No commercial interest of mine. Just looking at a reliable product (since they are offering 1 year warranty) with a quick turn around time!

Last edited by Safety is Param : 3rd September 2016 at 12:17.
Old 21st September 2022, 14:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

Reviving a very old thread. Has anyone got an electric jack and impact wrench lately. Any feedback or suggestions are most welcome and needed.

There are a few on Amazon but I am looking for first hand feedback from our community.
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 15:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
Reviving a very old thread. Has anyone got an electric jack and impact wrench lately.
Thanks for reviving this thread!

I'm in the lookout for a hydraulic jack and powered cordless slug nut remover/fixer for removing tires if I get stranded with a flat tire. While tubeless tires help you limp to a nearby repair shop, I'd like to have this capability as a convenient alternative.

I'm not in favor of loading the battery of the car, and also not in favor of keeping the car running for the duration of the tire change. I do have an electric tire inflator though.

Regards,
lsjey

Last edited by lsjey : 21st September 2022 at 16:00.
Old 21st September 2022, 16:26   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsjey View Post
Thanks for reviving this thread!

I'm in the lookout for a hydraulic jack and powered cordless slug nut remover/fixer for removing tires if I get stranded with a flat tire. While tubeless tires help you limp to a nearby repair shop, I'd like to have this capability as a convenient alternative.

I'm not in favor of loading the battery of the car, and also not in favor of keeping the car running for the duration of the tire change. I do have an electric tire inflator though.

Regards,
lsjey
Taparia a well known tools company has three trolley Jack's that seem to be quite good. You can look up Taparia Trolley Jacks.

MyTVS has 12v impact wrenches available on their website.

I am however unable to find a Electric Scissor Jack that has been tried and tested by anyone here
Traveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks