Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2008, 13:38   #166
BHPian

well 0-100 would tell us the initial response of our car. At the speed of 20 car would already be doing above 2K in 1st gear i guess. The response from 1K to 3K is also a crucial thing to check.
btw guys keep it for next sat. Not free on sat this week :(
Old 30th December 2008, 14:06   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
well 0-100 would tell us the initial response of our car. At the speed of 20 car would already be doing above 2K in 1st gear i guess. The response from 1K to 3K is also a crucial thing to check.
btw guys keep it for next sat. Not free on sat this week :(
lol then keep 10 kmph. 1k rpm will be enough it was just an idea for keeping 20-100 kmph. See, if you are good in stand still drags and others are not, then obvious your car will declared as good, even though other's car may be good enough than you car, though you are a good dragger, you will win each time. infact we can start the drag by keeping the car at 800 rpm, that will avoid drags wheel spin. Its just i'm trying to avoid drag wheel spins. What do you say?

aah! no problem with it. we have to look out for good empty safe stretch too. it will take sometime.

Last edited by Gangsta : 30th December 2008 at 14:09.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:16   #168
Senior - BHPian

Whatever you plan guys, keep the thread updated

By the way, there are good empty stretches near to surajkund and tuglakabad shooting range !
Old 30th December 2008, 14:20   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Whatever you plan guys, keep the thread updated

By the way, there are good empty stretches near to surajkund and tuglakabad shooting range !
Havnt been to tuglakabad shooting range but surajkund, i don't remember if we have empty roads? i like the roads near expressway, no human, no cars nothing. But patrol guys are there. how long are those roads? because it depends on the length of the road how fast we can go like i'm planning for 50 kmph or 100 kmph to 150-160-170 kmph depends on the car to car.

Last edited by Gangsta : 30th December 2008 at 14:22.
Old 30th December 2008, 14:25   #170
BHPian

whatever you want bro the basic idea is to see how different cars behave and perform on cng. For eg. first we will drag on petrol and will see how the cars are keeping up and then on cng.
so time for all of us to go back to our tuners and start preparing for CNG drag meet
Old 30th December 2008, 14:40   #171
BHPian

Quote:
whatever you want bro the basic idea is to see how different cars behave and perform on cng. For eg. first we will drag on petrol and will see how the cars are keeping up and then on cng.
so time for all of us to go back to our tuners and start preparing for CNG drag meet
haha good one.i wont go to my tuner, because i wanna see how well or worst my car behaves in the regular use.
Old 31st December 2008, 11:11   #172
Senior - BHPian

Even I will be happy to have review without any tuning !!
Old 31st December 2008, 23:24   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Even I will be happy to have review without any tuning !!
that's great. then why don't all of us bring our cars in running position without tuning or injector cleaning or something like that.

Well..!! my last service cloacked over 9k km. Time for the service. but i will avoid it till the meet.
Old 1st January 2009, 11:27   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta View Post
Well..!! my last service cloacked over 9k km. Time for the service. but i will avoid it till the meet.

So is due mine as well
Old 2nd January 2009, 10:34   #175
BHPian

i got mine serviced 2 weeks back. Guess i'll be laughing back to my home he he
or on the contrary i might sell my OHC after getting a beating from you guys :P
Old 2nd January 2009, 17:09   #176
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe... Actually I am waiting for the due service as i am very much eager to put K&N Stock Replacement filter lying in the boot Counting down those miles..
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:42   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Hehehe... Actually I am waiting for the due service as i am very much eager to put K&N Stock Replacement filter lying in the boot Counting down those miles..
Aha! gr8. better go for a CAI infact. logically, gas cars give better performance at night or in the winter season because the stock airfilter is getting cold air itself. if you want something out of petrol too then only go for CAI. which car do you own? Astra? right?

Quote:
i got mine serviced 2 weeks back. Guess i'll be laughing back to my home he he
or on the contrary i might sell my OHC after getting a beating from you guys :P
Hey! why? i will get most of the beating don't worry about it. afterall accent is known to be the worst 1.5-1.6L car here in the forum. As someone claimed even an esteem can beat the hell out of my accent at any speeds.

BTW: what are the ODO reading and year of make of the cars of the guys interested for the meet. Mine is 2003 make and ODO 1002XXX KM with badly abused engine in the past .
Old 3rd January 2009, 09:57   #178
Senior - BHPian

I opted for stock replacement to avoid any type water issue in rainy season, as i ain't the type of guy who holds a different filter for different season !! For me it's like fill it, shut it & forget it !! With the Accent's peppy engine i doubt if an esteem can beat it !! More or less i believe car is a machine, guts should be there with one who drives it

BTW, I own Chevrolet Optra 2004 batch which is driven sedately by me or my driver around 74K according to odometer.
Old 5th January 2009, 12:32   #179
BHPian

mine is a 98 OHC done around 82K and engine has lost its punch now.

as far as esteem is concerned it can keep up well till around 100-110 and after that it will be a hard struggle. Sure accent can leave it behind one it has touched around 120!

Btw gangsta my top speed on CNG is 145 kph approx and you have already touched 180 on CNG :O
Old 5th January 2009, 13:00   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
mine is a 98 OHC done around 82K and engine has lost its punch now.
When was the last time you de-carbonized it ? As OHC is gem of the engine with which you cannot go wrong in any manner !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks