I AM SORRY but swift body is not made for 200
i think is a risk of life i have driven my self 200
but in subaru forestor which a big car
but even i feel is not safe to drive speed of 200kmp
so please care full
u live u life only once no point in risking it for fun
narry
Hi Narry, welcome to Team-bhp.
While i agree with your view that the Swift is not actually built for speeds of 200kms, the fact is that this is not a practice anyone follows even on the expressway as that is the only road where one can get to such speeds. This might have been one of those one off incidents in sure.
Old 9th April 2008, 05:03   #92
BHPian

hey vikram impressive write up,keshav's work seems to be going great,6 pounds is nice,have you decided to work on the intake manifold,may be an esteem or a baleno intake manifold with a bigger throttle body,you may be able to generate some serious top end power with the change in the manifold,i may be wrong but from what ive seen the stock swift intake manifold is not so supportive at high revv's,guessing because of the longer intake runner's,im sure keshav can generate more light on the same,none the less great build,cheers..happy revvin..!
Old 9th April 2008, 08:02   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narry View Post
hi
I AM SORRY but swift body is not made for 200
i think is a risk of life i have driven my self 200
but in subaru forestor which a big car
but even i feel is not safe to drive speed of 200kmp
so please care full
u live u life only once no point in risking it for fun
narry
You are right. It is not built for 200kmph,

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hi Narry, welcome to Team-bhp.
While i agree with your view that the Swift is not actually built for speeds of 200kms, the fact is that this is not a practice anyone follows even on the expressway as that is the only road where one can get to such speeds. This might have been one of those one off incidents in sure.
V-16 is also absolutely right. I dont cruise at 200kmph. This was a one off incident.
My normal cruising speed is 100 -120kmph.

@dragger - I agree that the intake manifold is quite long on the swift but for my kind of driving it absolutely makes no difference. Moreover its length is even more critical in a NA car. For FI it makes very little difference. When I feel the need for more speed will consider it. The stock throttle body has already been enlarged to the largest size possible.

Last edited by vikram_d : 9th April 2008 at 08:06.
Old 9th April 2008, 09:56   #94
BHPian

after reading this i am tempted... truly tempted.

I'll keep an eagle eye on this thread to see how things go....
Old 9th April 2008, 13:16   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
PS: Took down another Civic. he he he. It's becoming a habit now. Just love the look on peoples faces when they realise that they have been whooped by a Swift.

PPS: Before I get flamed for unsafe driving, I would like to make clear that it was an absolutely clear piece of road with no traffic till the eye could see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Well to be honest I took it in all three parts. I was caught up in slow moving traffic when this guy comes up behind me and starts honking incessantly in spite of seeing that I have nowher to go. As soon as I could I let him overtake me and then decided to teach him a lesson. I just floored it 3rd gear and took off. He tried to kep me behind him. The minute I saw an open stretch of road I just down shifted from 4th back to 3rd swept around his left side and took off. By the time I had switched to 5th gear he was just a small dot in the rear view mirror. Once I had proven my point, I just slowed down and let him go. Was nice seeing the look on his face.
Vikram, This write up puts us right in the passenger seat, egging you to blast past him just one more time to teach him a lesson for the unnecessary honking.

Also, I put myself in the Civic owners seat and imagine paying about 13L to get creamed by a 1.3L hatch?

We really need to see (and listen) your car in action. hope you coming to Jayamahal this Saturday night.
Old 9th April 2008, 15:03   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
after reading this i am tempted... truly tempted.

I'll keep an eagle eye on this thread to see how things go....

I've been doing that. So very keen on knowing what Mr Vikram is upto with his ride. Great write up vikram. And i am eagerly waiting to see your ride when i am in Bangalore.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:12   #97
Senior - BHPian

Hey Vikram, how about some pics now and while you're at it, also take a Video showing how the car's rpm and boost meters react during the drive. This will also give us an idea of the exhast note.
Old 9th April 2008, 17:23   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
We really need to see (and listen) your car in action. hope you coming to Jayamahal this Saturday night.
I will be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Hey Vikram, how about some pics now and while you're at it, also take a Video showing how the car's rpm and boost meters react during the drive. This will also give us an idea of the exhast note.
The boost gauge is not yet fitted. A custom holder is being made for all the gauges. Once that is up will put up pics and videos.

Before you ask how I measured the boost, it was measured on RD Karthik's software. :-)
Old 9th April 2008, 18:04   #99
Senior - BHPian

was just wondering, the Swift D has a turbo with an intercooler. can the same design be implemented across while plugging in the same into the petrol?
Old 9th April 2008, 19:36   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
was just wondering, the Swift D has a turbo with an intercooler. can the same design be implemented across while plugging in the same into the petrol?
Nice one buddie,and would have been nice if it came with a maruti waranty too,lol.But on a serious note is it possible gurus?
ram
Old 9th April 2008, 19:46   #101
BHPian

hey vikram - i think i saw you today near electronic city at around 1045
unfortunately i was with a colleague, who doesn't understand cars and i was excitedly trying to explain her what you have done to your car and she was like whats a turbo
Old 9th April 2008, 20:10   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
This is also a turbo with an intercooler.If you specificallu mean a Swift D intercooler, I know of another swift, using a turbo with a Swift Diesel intercooler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
hey vikram - i think i saw you today near electronic city at around 1045
unfortunately i was with a colleague, who doesn't understand cars and i was excitedly trying to explain her what you have done to your car and she was like whats a turbo
I can imagine the situation as thus;

You to your collegue (upon seeing Vikram's car): "Wow, you know, thats my friends car and you know what again? Its a turbo charged, doing...blah..blah..blah...psi of boost..Blah...blah...blah...blah...blah...with an intercooler...blah..blah.blah...B.O.V...blah..blah .isnt that great!!

She:"Huh? My Dad also drives a swift and by the way whats a Turbo??

Im dying just imagining the scene.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:15   #103
BHPian

yeah i went through the whole gamut of terms bov, psi boost, turbo, intercooler and in the end she pointed at vikram's modified tail lamps and said "yeah it does look modified when you look at the lights" man i was laughing for a good 2 mins before i kinda tried to explain her what a turbo is!!
Old 9th April 2008, 20:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

- Perfect imagination V-16.

Yes I was in Electronic City. Was passing by on my way to Bommasandra. I travel that route everyday at about that time.
Old 9th April 2008, 20:48   #105
BHPian

hey vikram awesome car buddy . please post a video along with the pics so that i can have the pleasure of listening to the music of your car as well as compare it to my swift ( FFE only) . and just in case anyone is wondering i mean only to compare the sound nothing else.haha

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks