Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2005, 04:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Vertical Lift Door System!! First one in india?

Whatup people? We just finished installing this kit on a lancer at midninght, had been at it all evening phew, so we went out on a drive later on at night, stopped by to take a few pics on a deserted stretch, dont complain about the stickering and colors as yet coz it was all shot under yellow street light, so just wait a couple of days till i get some nice photoshoots done Btw the scissor doors are the hottest thing ive personally seen... we went to this twenty four hr cafe around 2 am and everyone was staring at us point blank hahah!

Old 4th February 2005, 04:56   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Wowowowow!! Amaaaaaazing work done there man! The doors r look awesome....infact the entire body kit on this car is really good ...one of the best looking lancers i have seen in a long time....no big spoilers that really 'spoil' the looks, ppl that put such big spoilers that they sometimes put makes me wonder y they dont just make stairs on the tunk instead :-P ...Anyways this car look classy....good that u kept the classiness maintained tho i am not too found of the decals but i guess alot of ppl like it so. Btw did the doors require alot of metal cutting or just changing the mechanics of the hinges and stuff? also wat did it cost u to put these doors if u dont mind me asking. Good job once again
Old 4th February 2005, 05:16   #3
Senior - BHPian

I cant stop grinning, thank you very much, but at the same time im sorry to dissappoint you Sahil but the car does have a double decker GT wing SPOIL-er !! if u look closely u might be able to see it blending into the darkness...

Anyhow the kit is a replacement hinge type however it does require plenty of strcutural modifications unlike what the instruction manuals tell u, (a man doesnt need manuals anyway!)

A rough cost estimate is about 1200 USD plus transportation and some custom duty, we are importing those ourselves so incase u need a set u can gimme a shout.
Old 4th February 2005, 07:37   #4
Senior - BHPian

That is magnificient. Too good. The car looks wicked. It definately gotto be the first time this kind of modification has been done! Gr8 job
Old 4th February 2005, 08:29   #5
BHPian

It looks nice, but is nt it weird that 2 doors go uo and 2 go side ways. Hey autopsyche, why dont you do it on your 2 door lancer coupe. It would look real great. Any way beautiful man
Old 4th February 2005, 08:31   #6

nice work....has to be first of its kind.......it reminds me of my toyota sera which i sold for only.....1.6lacs
Old 4th February 2005, 10:14   #7
Team-BHP Support

Awesome stuff dude! The first of it's kind in India (to my knowledge)! I would love to see this done on your coupe. It would go perfect with that car. And yea, that body kit looks terrific too, even better since we can't see the spoiler
Old 4th February 2005, 10:16   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedhunter
nice work....has to be first of its kind.......it reminds me of my toyota sera which i sold for only.....1.6lacs
For 1.6 L where, when , what happened to it???
Old 4th February 2005, 10:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

what can i say autopsyche ..u keep amazing me with your stuff .. cant stop grinning .. saw the pics u sent to vineet ..
wicked !!!
first scissor doors on an indian caR ????

hows the work on the skoda goin g?

CHEERS
Old 4th February 2005, 10:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey guys..this door kit is avble in coimbatore....a guy called k.d. anand has tthem. selling it for around 50k..saw it on a lancer at blore.
Old 4th February 2005, 11:21   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91
hey guys..this door kit is avble in coimbatore....a guy called k.d. anand has tthem. selling it for around 50k..saw it on a lancer at blore.

Do you have the ph no of anand
Old 4th February 2005, 11:29   #12
Senior - BHPian

nah...but raj hingorani has it or maybe i can get it in a day or two
Old 4th February 2005, 11:31   #13
Senior - BHPian

thank you everyone, we just got up and on our way back to do stuff to the car, finalize the vinyls.

Vulken, rtech: im dying to put this on the coupe but unfortunately the owner is out of india for the moment, so i guess whenever he gets back...

turbo: work on skoda is going great but shhhh, its a secret project these guys will have to wait a month for it!

iceman: our price for the kit is 65k with installation.
Old 4th February 2005, 11:32   #14
Senior - BHPian

Amazing stuff dude & the dorrs do seem to fit perfectly.. did ya do any changes in the door trims, i mean from inside for easy opening, i.e. position of door handles etc ??
Old 4th February 2005, 11:36   #15
BHPian

whoa thts nice man absolutely beautiful!and yea mean and wicked!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks